Questions about 7/31 Nostalgia trip

ParkStUnder

Since this trip is headed to Coney Island and starts at Court St. I see from the track maps that the Court St. station connects only to to the (A)(C) at Hoyt Schermerhorn. How would they route this train to CI, Perhaps a backup move to Jay St. then switch to the (F)? (That would be cool as I have never been on the Culver line).

Do they generally take a different route on the way back, for variety?

Since this trip is headed to Coney Island and starts at Court St. I see from the track maps that the Court St. station connects only to to the (A)(C) at Hoyt Schermerhorn. How would they route this train to CI, Perhaps a backup move to Jay St. then switch to the (F)? (That would be cool as I have never been on the Culver line).

Do they generally take a different route on the way back, for variety?

The exact route of a nostalgia train is never public information until the day of the trip. This is to discourage foamers from "chasing" the train rather than paying the admission to ride, and therefore encouraging them to support the continued restoration and preservation of the equipment in question, as well as the Transit Museum.

So, sorry, but you'll have to wait until the day of the trip to find out

The exact route of a nostalgia train is never public information until the day of the trip. This is to discourage foamers from "chasing" the train rather than paying the admission to ride, and therefore encouraging them to support the continued restoration and preservation of the equipment in question, as well as the Transit Museum.

I agree with SubwayGuy about the actual route. I do not have a track book in front of me right now, however if I had to take an educated guess, it would be to go South on the "A" line to Euclid, then go North to Jay Street, change to the (F), then at York Street switch ends and go back South to Stillwell Avenue.

To tell you the truth, if this is the route, I do not think this would take 2 hours (probably less), like it says in the description on the Museum's website.

Any other educated guesses?

Heh actaully all i have to go is look for that Pink Paper @ Work...

Or go high Tech and go on TENS...

Archived