Shore Line Trolley Museum RT Weekend 7/3-7/4

Y2Julio

If you've always wanted to run a streetcar or subway train, take advantage of this opportunity at the Shore Line Trolley Museum by signing up for the Guest Operator program. You'll be given an overview of operating principles by one of our instructors. Then it will be your turn to take the handles and operate solo! Don...'t worry, you won't have any regular passengers, just you, your instructor, and your invited guests. The fee of $50 includes your admission and one year's individual membership in the museum at the Associate level. You'll also receive a photo-certificate of completion, suitable for framing. The Guest Operator program continues on July 3/4, August 7/8 and September 4/5. Reservations are suggested, especially if you have a preference for operating a specific car. The Guest Operator program is also available, on trolley cars only, on other days by prior registration (please book at least two weeks in advance), subject to instructor availability. Please call the museum at the number listed, or contact us by email. The Shore Line Trolley Museum 17 River Street East Haven, CT 06512 (203) 467-6927

so if I book now you mean I can go with my friend on the 8th of July and book the day? if im not able to make it on the 4th as im in Levittown on the 3rd

Only for trolleys. If you wish to operate the subway cars, then you'll need to go up on July 3rd or 4th.

Well unfortunately I won't be able to make the July RT weekend, but I will expect a full report on the days activities from the crew.

Ah!!!! CODE 100!!! AHHHHH HELPPPP lol

Only for trolleys. If you wish to operate the subway cars, then you'll need to go up on July 3rd or 4th.

Ah!!!! CODE 100!!! AHHHHH HELPPPP lol

you know im all about the PCC, me and my friends want to go but arent sure of the day we can make it when we are down that week

I would have to see what my friends are into

Car 1001 is the only operational PCC car that we have (SubwayGuy can correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think the peter witt car (2898) is operational or available for usage for Guest Operator either. Car 2001 is also another Canadian car that is operational and available.

Wouldn't surprise me if a foamer f**ked something up.

Well then hope you hold the brake handle Correctly then Joe

I wouldn't want to lol at you but in your case I'll see what I can do

let's get refreshed P1 P 2 P 3 Red needle black needle hmmm I'm leaving something out ahhh yes the Foamer Feature you do know what that is correct you Foamer just like the rest of us ...... So don't f**k up if you go Joe

(F)orward. ...... Huuuuu. Prepare to mount ..... Huuuuuu

if you jump around then I will call on the firing Squad and if you Foam

well then you will be Terminated huuuuuuu

(N)ow be Good or I'm bringing the Belt. Huuuuuuu:p

This is my 6688 , There are many like it but I shall be true

Left right left right left right left huuuuuuu

your married to this piece. And you will be Faithful huuuuuuu

A few questions:

1) Those things are run off trolley poles, right?

2) If so, is the speed limit low, like maybe 10?

And to get up there, I have to pay out the heinie. Bloomin' Metro-North.

Most of the equipment has trolley poles. Cars that don't have poles are run with a stinger (600V extension cord*). There are 45mph sections of the line.

* the line has a nominal voltage of 550VDC, real voltage of 562VDC from the substation

A few questions:

1) Those things are run off trolley poles, right?

2) If so, is the speed limit low, like maybe 10?

And to get up there, I have to pay out the heinie. Bloomin' Metro-North.

Yes, they get the power from trolley wires @ 562 Volts. There is speed limits on certain portions of the track but that's the pilot's job to worry about. Just make sure you follow their instructions.

Archived