French Railways

Citaro

200px-Sncf-logo.svg.png

SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de fer français or French National Railway Corporation) is a French public enterprise.

The rail network was separate from operator SNCF.

RFF (Réseau Ferré de France or French Rail Network) owns and maintains the French national railway network.

200px-RFF_Logo.png

We all know the TGV.

Train_Express_R%C3%A9gional_%28SNCF%29.png

TER (Transport express régional) is the regional train service.

50px-RER.svg.png

RER (Réseau Express Régional or Regional Express Network) is the public transit system in paris owned by

100px-RATP.svg.png and SNCF.

RER Lines

Rame_MI79_%C3%A0_Saint-R%C3%A9my-l%C3%A8s-Chevreuse.jpg

Logo_transilien_sncf.png Transilien (suburban rail)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcElzaiUnyg&feature=PlayList&p=C00712B7E1E32962&playnext_from=PL&index=24

800px-SNCF_Z_22596.JPG799px-Ermont_-_Gare_de_Cernay_03.jpg

50px-Metro-M.svg.pngMetro

800px-Ligne-14-Chatelet-1.jpg

50px-Tramway-T.svg.pngTramway

Also there are some105px-Paris_logo_bus_jms.svg.png59px-Paris_logo_noctilien_jms.svg.png Buses and Airport Shuttles 53px-Paris_logo_orlyval_jms.svg.png

Paris train station and some horns

By the way i've found a video from the financial district of Paris, La Défense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrID5KjR4s4&hd=1

Cool. By the way, the RER is partially owned by RATP and SNCF. Line A and its branches is controlled by the RATP. Parts of Line B are controlled by RATP as well. SNCF controls the rest. That's why you would see equipment running on Lines C, D and E that looks similar to those running on the Transilien. The tram is also partially owned by RATP and SNCF. T4, which is a tram-train, meaning light rail on heavy rail tracks, is most certainly owned by SNCF. I think T2, which is shown here, is run by RATP.

Cool. By the way, the RER is partially owned by RATP and SNCF. Line A and its branches is controlled by the RATP. Parts of Line B are controlled by RATP as well. SNCF controls the rest. That's why you would see equipment running on Lines C, D and E that looks similar to those running on the Transilien. The tram is also partially owned by RATP and SNCF. T4, which is a tram-train, meaning light rail on heavy rail tracks, is most certainly owned by SNCF. I think T2, which is shown here, is run by RATP.

That's right, thanks :tup:;)

Nice info and videos. Their transportation systems are one of the best! (2nd in my book) The American Acela's allowed top speed is the French TGV's restricted (slowest speed) The TGV rocks!

Who is on the first place? Japan, Germany, USA? I think, France build the best trains, because of Alstom etc, also Bombardier isn't bad. The TGV is faster than the Acela, but the Acela has a nicer look.

Who is on the first place? Japan, Germany, USA? I think, France build the best trains, because of Alstom etc, also Bombardier isn't bad. The TGV is faster than the Acela, but the Acela has a nicer look.

1. Japan

2. France

3. The Rest of Europe

4. Amtrak/Northeastern Corridor and city transit systems along it (NYCTA/MTA,SEPTA,DC Metro,etc.)

But yes Acela is a great train, I just wish it had better rails an less restrictions to run on.

1. Japan

2. France

3. The Rest of Europe

4. Amtrak/Northeastern Corridor and city transit systems along it (NYCTA/MTA,SEPTA,DC Metro,etc.)

But yes Acela is a great train, I just wish it had better rails an less restrictions to run on.

Maybe China will have the best in the future. They build a lot of new high speed tracks while Europe and the US have to save money. But the french system is quite modern and your isn't, so that's a problem.:confused:

Maybe China will have the best in the future. They build a lot of new high speed tracks while Europe and the US have to save money. But the french system is quite modern and your isn't, so that's a problem.:confused:

Yeah we update slowly. Mostly because of money but there is also a plan to have high speed rail in California. But that would take a long time:confused:

Even though China is much known here for the quality of its exports, one should recognise the potential of its high speed rail system. The Wuhan - Guangzhou Line is amongst the fastest. I think it broke the 350kmph barrier. And it's building more lines.

Even though China is much known here for the quality of its exports, one should recognise the potential of its high speed rail system. The Wuhan - Guangzhou Line is amongst the fastest. I think it broke the 350kmph barrier. And it's building more lines.

They're getting better, the whole chinese infrastructure is amazing. Europe and especially the United States fall even further behind.B)

Archived