Here Comes the Doomsday Schedules!

Amtrak7

They are updated. On the routes that have a little red "new" next to them, click on the "new" to get the new schedule.

Not all routes in those 2 boroughs have the new schedules up (M5).

The M9 should now become the "Avenue C And East Broadway" since it will now serve Avenue C between Peter Cooper and East Houston Street.

The M21 becomes a true Houston Street crosstown.

The M18 will not take anymore bashing.

Eighth Avenue has actually gained service! The M20 serves Eighth/CPW to West 66th Street, the M10 serves CPW/Eighth (Mr. Frederick Douglass) from Columbs Circle to the end and the M104 from PABT to Columbus Circle.

The M9 should now become the "Avenue C And East Broadway" since it will now serve Avenue C between Peter Cooper and East Houston Street.

The M21 becomes a true Houston Street crosstown.

The M18 will not take anymore bashing.

UGH!!! :tdown::tdown:

UGH!!! :tdown::tdown:

Cait Sith: UGH!!! :tdown: :tdown: at me or at the changes to the M9 and M21?

I don't think I've ever heard many positive comments about the M18 since it took its' present route, running from Central Park North to West 168th Street serving Convent Avenue and City College.

Cait Sith: UGH!!! :tdown: :tdown: at me or at the changes to the M9 and M21?

I don't think I've ever heard many positive comments about the M18 since it took its' present route, running from Central Park North to West 168th Street serving Convent Avenue and City College.

The M18 was a better and more useful route when it went down 5th and Madison Ave in the 90's.

Maybe the M1 will be the new M18 once it gets cut back to 106th Street weekends.

That's pretty much what they are doing to the M1 on the weekend, which is one of the worst things they could do. The M1 is busy EVERYDAY and they seem to be doing all they can to kill this line slowly. If anything, this is the line that should be going to South Ferry 24/7, not the M5. I swear sometimes I think the animals in the Bronx Zoo would do a better job running the (MTA) than the humans that run it now.

Brooklyn's up! As above, not all schedules are up yet.

x27/28 is also up. And the funny part is, despite the massive reduction in evening service and the elimination of weekend service, is the rush hour service frequency:

If you want to go from Bay Ridge (27) to Lower Manhattan in the height of the rush, you got a bus every (2) minutes!:eek:

When the MTA said all customers will have more frequent service, they weren't kidding! :)

But isn't this really ridiculous, a waste of money, and cause congestion on the Gowanus and Battery?

x27 service should run every 8-12 minutes (seeing how the MTA loves 12 minute frequencies on things) to Midtown without a downtown supplement. Remember, the Brooklyn part of this route is really short.

x28 should run every 15 minutes to Midtown without a downtown supplement and Sea Gate service should either be axed or reduced 2-3 peak roundtrips only.

I looked at the X17/X19 schedule and it is REALLY messed up. There is no service from 12:45 PM - 2:15 PM, then 15 minute service from 2:45 PM to the last bus at 3:15 PM. There are also no X17s between the last X17J at 9:10 AM and the next X17C at 12:15 PM. They also messed up the X17J schedule with no buses from Hugenot from 7:35AM-9:10AM. I thought this would be spared from any large reductions seeing as it is the second most used route, but I guess I was wrong. I knew service was a little bit too frequent at times, but cutting it that much is ridiculous.

I looked at the X17/X19 schedule and it is REALLY messed up. There is no service from 12:45 PM - 2:15 PM, then 15 minute service from 2:45 PM to the last bus at 3:15 PM. There are also no X17s between the last X17J at 9:10 AM and the next X17C at 12:15 PM. They also messed up the X17J schedule with no buses from Hugenot from 7:35AM-9:10AM. I thought this would be spared from any large reductions seeing as it is the second most used route, but I guess I was wrong. I knew service was a little bit too frequent at times, but cutting it that much is ridiculous.

You know where some of that service went?

It went directly to the x19.

they adjusted the schedule; the span of the 19 actually increased.... and on top of that, they added a least one run in each direction.... to dude on subchat that said x19's aren't that crowded, is dead wrong.... this schedule adjustment clearly proves that....

don't ask me how I remember these things, but riding on the x19 many times before, I knew I had to greenwich/battery before 6:30pm, or else I'll be seeing 17c's from then on, whenever I wanted to fan that route.... Now that the last run to SI is set to leave worth st @ 6:30, this is how I know they tinkered with that route's span...... Those buses b/w 5:15 & 6:30 often get SRO, especially if the 19 arrives before the 17c does....

I see the first run out of manhattan starts @ 2pm now (before it was around a quarter to 3).... I don't know if that's justfied or not, but maybe the demand for the 19 is higher than the 17c is, b/w 2pm & 4 pm... that part, I don't know...

But isn't this really ridiculous, a waste of money, and cause congestion on the Gowanus and Battery?

x27 service should run every 8-12 minutes (seeing how the MTA loves 12 minute frequencies on things) to Midtown without a downtown supplement. Remember, the Brooklyn part of this route is really short.

x28 should run every 15 minutes to Midtown without a downtown supplement and Sea Gate service should either be axed or reduced 2-3 peak roundtrips only.

a sudden increase of service on the x27/28 won't cause anymore congestion than there was before.... b/c there won't be as many buses on the road, due to other express bus runs getting reduced, or no longer running....

the brooklyn portion of the x27, yeah, you can get from wakeman place to marine/4th in less than 15 minutes... I've never ever been on a 27/37 that didn't coast down shore road.. and with riders (for the most part) embarking/disembarking at the same stops, it only helped matters....

but I have to agree, service was far too frequent on the x27/37... one time I got off a 37 over there on bay ridge/3rd (to wait for the B37, right by the chinese store there)... wouldn't you know that 2 x27's & another 37 came w/i a 5 minute span... I'm standing there like this is freakin excessive man... these effin riders always get their way (Bay ridge riders, I'm talking about)... some of the most petted/catered to riders in the 5 borough....

I can write a book about the 27/37 & it's core group of riders... but lets talk about the 28/38 for a moment.... While these riders (dyker hgts, bensonhurst, etc) are also spoiled to an extent, the one thing I always felt about that route, was it's service to/from Sea Gate - too much of it... Often you would have less than a handful of riders still on the bus, south of the Shore Pkwy... I also thought there were too many 38's (well, period), but especially those that ended by the pathmark.... The 29 should have been the route to serve Sea Gate, but now that it's gone, that's all for naught....

core group of riders on the 28 are on the stops between:

[along 86th st itself] and [16th av & 25th av]

this is why I think very few runs should pan into coney island.... for all I care, instead of Canal, I think buses should end right there on Bay 50th (instead of going over the overpass to serve canal av, where virtually no one gets off at anyway..... to then have to u-turn into the lot adjacent the pathmark on the other side of cropsey )... it'd make for an easier deadhead back to the depot....

You know where some of that service went?

It went directly to the x19.

they adjusted the schedule; the span of the 19 actually increased.... and on top of that, they added a least one run in each direction.... to dude on subchat that said x19's aren't that crowded, is dead wrong.... this schedule adjustment clearly proves that....

don't ask me how I remember these things, but riding on the x19 many times before, I knew I had to greenwich/battery before 6:30pm, or else I'll be seeing 17c's from then on, whenever I wanted to fan that route.... Now that the last run to SI is set to leave worth st @ 6:30, this is how I know they tinkered with that route's span...... Those buses b/w 5:15 & 6:30 often get SRO, especially if the 19 arrives before the 17c does....

I see the first run out of manhattan starts @ 2pm now (before it was around a quarter to 3).... I don't know if that's justfied or not, but maybe the demand for the 19 is higher than the 17c is, b/w 2pm & 4 pm... that part, I don't know...

They reduced the service on the X19, as well.

See the schedule before today: http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x017cur.pdf

See the schedule to take effect tomorrow: http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x017cur.pdf

Check it quick because the "current" link might soon lead you to the June 28th schedule.

There's 13 AM X19 runs now vs. 20 before the service cuts

There's 10 PM X19 runs now vs. 21 before the service cuts

In addition the AM span was reduced to 5:20 AM-8:35 AM from 5:20 AM-9:05 AM

The PM span was reduced to 2:30 PM-6:30 PM from 2:05 PM-6:30 PM.

The thing is that I don't know if this is the real schedule. I checked on tripplanner and it looks like the currently scheduled trips are still scheduled. Maybe it is some kind of typo. I don't know.

By the way, I wrote a letter to the MTA about the schedule and provided suggestions as to when there would be large gaps in service and provided suggestions to (minimally) fill in the service gaps.

Archived