Here Comes the Doomsday Schedules!

Amtrak7

I looked at the X17/X19 schedule and it is REALLY messed up. There is no service from 12:45 PM - 2:15 PM, then 15 minute service from 2:45 PM to the last bus at 3:15 PM. There are also no X17s between the last X17J at 9:10 AM and the next X17C at 12:15 PM. They also messed up the X17J schedule with no buses from Hugenot from 7:35AM-9:10AM. I thought this would be spared from any large reductions seeing as it is the second most used route, but I guess I was wrong. I knew service was a little bit too frequent at times, but cutting it that much is ridiculous.

You know where some of that service went?

It went directly to the x19.

they adjusted the schedule; the span of the 19 actually increased.... and on top of that, they added a least one run in each direction.... to dude on subchat that said x19's aren't that crowded, is dead wrong.... this schedule adjustment clearly proves that....

don't ask me how I remember these things, but riding on the x19 many times before, I knew I had to greenwich/battery before 6:30pm, or else I'll be seeing 17c's from then on, whenever I wanted to fan that route.... Now that the last run to SI is set to leave worth st @ 6:30, this is how I know they tinkered with that route's span...... Those buses b/w 5:15 & 6:30 often get SRO, especially if the 19 arrives before the 17c does....

I see the first run out of manhattan starts @ 2pm now (before it was around a quarter to 3).... I don't know if that's justfied or not, but maybe the demand for the 19 is higher than the 17c is, b/w 2pm & 4 pm... that part, I don't know...

The updated x17/x19 has been pulled.

Thanks for telling me. That schedule seemed a little too ridculous (even for the MTA B) ). I checked on Tripplanner and it showed a much more reasonable schedule, so I figured there must be something wrong.

I knew something was wrong because the MTA, according to the board documents, was to add one trip, not remove tens of trips!

Archived