Somebody took my 30 day Metrocard

Railfaner100

When i was going to one of my friends house, i noticed that my metrocard was missing from my wallet when i got to the train station. I already reported to the (MTA) that my metrocard was stolen and they told me to wait, so should i get a replacement or just buy a new one?:mad:

Sorry to sound rude but there was just a discussion recently about a week or two on same issue about 'lost metrocards.' Another NYCTF member Yuki aka Famous NY Lover also a native of Japan had same issue.

Please read this & hit this thread and it should answer your questions. If you paid cash sorry you out of luck. However If you brought it with a debit/credit card this link has the MTA info from their website on how it could be replaced.

Hope it helps.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283804

Sorry to sound rude but there was just a discussion recently about a week or two on same issue about 'lost metrocards.' Another NYCTF member Yuki aka Famous NY Lover also a native of Japan had same issue.

Please read this & hit this thread and it should answer your questions. If you paid cash sorry you out of luck. However If you brought it with a debit/credit card this link has the MTA info from their website on how it could be replaced.

Hope it helps.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283804

My Metrocard was not lost, it was stolen by one of friends when i was invited to his house.:cry:

My Metrocard was not lost, it was stolen by one of friends when i was invited to his house.:cry:

So go inside his house, kick his ass and get it back. It's that simple. ;)

Sorry bro, but fighting and violence is not the answer to this problem, i just wish that he would give my metrocard back to me directly right now or i will just get the police on him.:mad:

LOL

My Metrocard was not lost, it was stolen by one of friends when i was invited to his house

Sorry bro, but fighting and violence is not the answer to this problem, i just wish that he would give my metrocard back to me directly right now or i will just get the police on him.

So did you pay cash or credit for the card?

you'll have a "better" chance of gettin it back, if it's the latter....

however, if you paid cash, you're just about SOL if he did steal it & he doesn't come forward and give you the card back....

LOL

So did you pay cash or credit for the card?

you'll have a "better" chance of gettin it back, if it's the latter....

however, if you paid cash, you're just about SOL if he did steal it & he doesn't come forward and give you the card back....

My mom paid with credit card for the Metrocard, it just annoys me so much when my friends steal from me without asking me and he took the metrocard out of my wallet and hidden it somewhere in his house.:cry:

My mom paid with credit card for the Metrocard, it just annoys me so much when my friends steal from me without asking me and he took the metrocard out of my wallet and hidden it somewhere in his house.:cry:

Okay, your mom bought it with her credit card. So there's hope.

Read this.

Okay, your mom bought it with her credit card. So there's hope.

Read this.

Hey LRG, Thank you for the help on the (MTA) site, but i have one question, since my friend still has my metrocard that my mom purchased with the credit card how do i get it from him, he said to me that he won't return it to me and to spend money and buy a new one for myself.:cry:

Hey LRG, Thank you for the help on the (MTA) site, but i have one question, since my friend still has my metrocard that my mom purchased with the credit card how do i get it from him, he said to me that he won't return it to me and to spend money and buy a new one for myself.:cry:

Honestly the only way to get the card back and respect from your "friends" is to beat the shit out of one of them. Go for the biggest one. If you call the police, sure you might get it back but your still going to be herbed (bullied) around.

Honestly the only way to get the card back and respect from your "friends" is to beat the shit out of one of them. Go for the biggest one. If you call the police, sure you might get it back but your still going to be herbed (bullied) around.

Look, i am not going to fight him or hurt him for a Metrocard, i just want him to give it to me or i will get the police no matter what.:mad:

Look, i am not going to fight him or hurt him for a Metrocard, i just want him to give it to me or i will get the police no matter what.:mad:

If you want this to stop your going to have to fight one of them. Getting the police involved only exacerbates the problem and you might not get it back if you do.

I'm afraid that's something that you're going to have to figure out on your own. But if you're going to have people push you around and stealing your stuff, then you should learn to choose your friends better.

Agreed!

If you want this to stop your going to have to fight one of them. Getting the police involved only exacerbates the problem and you might not get it back if you do.

Exactly. People always like to use people as a scapegoat but that's not always the solution to the problem. And something petty as stealing a MetroCard won't do any justice. The police won't even throw them in the slammer so it's a waste of time and energy.

I know how you feel.

I lost Digital Camera, who was given by Japanese guest who I helped long time ago, but I lost if somewhere on Euclid Av on (A)(C) when (F) was rerouted over, then report to police at Bdwy Jnction, but I still never got it. I think someone stole my digital camera.

I even lost dispersal camera on NJT trains, when I had obtain pic of :septa:.

I know how you feel.

I lost Digital Camera, who was given by Japanese guest who I helped long time ago, but I lost if somewhere on Euclid Av on (A)(C) when (F) was rerouted over, then report to police at Bdwy Jnction, but I still never got it. I think someone stole my digital camera.

They have been telling me that i need to fight or hurt my friend to get my stolen Metrocard back, do you think i should do that or just get the police.:cry:

They have been telling me that i need to fight or hurt my friend to get my stolen Metrocard back, do you think i should do that or just get the police.:cry:

Get the police over a piece of plastic? Dude, the police'll just laugh right in your face, and I'm being real with you too. You don't have to fight your "friend" but you need to stand your ground, and if you have to resort to a physical altercation so he gets the message then so be it.

I know how you feel.

You really really need to take better care of your stuff. Teather/tie up the camera on a string and to your arm so you don't lose it.

Thats up to you...If you feel you need to beat there @$$ then by all means do it. But I tell you this if they "always" steal from you and by you calling the cops will do nothing but make them steal from again...again and again...Sometimes all a bully needs is an @$$ beating.

I know how you feel.

I lost Digital Camera, who was given by Japanese guest who I helped long time ago, but I lost if somewhere on Euclid Av on (A)(C) when (F) was rerouted over, then report to police at Bdwy Jnction, but I still never got it.

I think someone stole my digital camera.

reading that paragraph...

man, aint no one stole your camera.

You simply need to safeguard your stuff, especially something that isn't as dispensable, or easily obtained (bought)...

unless you... I meant, your moms got money like that....

They have been telling me that i need to fight or hurt my friend to get my stolen Metrocard back, do you think i should do that or just get the police.

realistically speaking, there's no need to inflict physical harm...

however, I'm calling your bluff... you're not gonna call the po-po's on your "friend" for a metrocard....

Ever tried telling your.... mom... about the situation?

Archived