Farewell to the Bx41 to Wakefield

Bx41 Wakefield

I return to the Bronx to ride my childhood and favorite bus route the Bx41 for the last time coming from Wakefield 241 St as the Bx39 will replace the service on White Plains Rd. In my travels, the Bx41 was fashionably late, I saw a lonely NG on the Bx41 (Hadn't seen that since the RTS's and Orions owned the route) along with an artic on the Bx36 (Didn't catch it on camera), and an EX-SBS bus on the Bx39. It was a fun day, hope you enjoy the pics.

dsc00450at.jpg

dsc00452kw.jpg

dsc00453g.jpg

dsc00454rl.jpg

dsc00455te.jpg

dsc00457ug.jpg

dsc00458c.jpg

dsc00460r.jpg

dsc00461s.jpg

dsc00463pd.jpg

dsc00464v.jpg

dsc00465bf.jpg

dsc00468jo.jpg

dsc00471d.jpg

dsc00475a.jpg

dsc00476p.jpg

dsc00477yv.jpg

dsc00486mh.jpg

dsc00488az.jpg

dsc00491gs.jpg

dsc00500ne.jpg

I like the photos. I hate the whole Bx39 to 241st thing. The Bx39 has crappy scheduling

Excellent photos! And what's the bus that has the polka-dotted seats? They cook somewhat cool.

That's a Select Bus Service bus, derp ;)

(even though it may be on another route)

Oh shut up...how would I know I've never been on the Shitty Bus Service :)

But there are thousands of photos of them in other threads.

And I didn't know polkadotted seats can cook :P

Great stuff!

Thanks!

Excellent photos! And what's the bus that has the polka-dotted seats? They cook somewhat cool.

Thanks! Yeah that was on the Bx39, alot of the ex-SBS buses were on that route. I checked the front to see if it still had the blue emergency lights but they already changed them.

I like the photos. I hate the whole Bx39 to 241st thing. The Bx39 has crappy scheduling

)

Yeah, there definitely won't be as many buses on the Bx41. Yesterday was my first time riding the Bx39 and it definitely was a much calmer route. It was also shorter than I thought.

Sweet Pixs! Gotta bus fan up there on Thursday or around :)! Bx41 wont be cut, just replaced by the Bx39 north of Gun Hill and White Plains which sucks :P!

Oh shut up...how would I know I've never been on the Shitty Bus Service :)

I thought you said you been on the +SBS LFSA?

But yeah RR is right. But because some New Flyer D60HF +SBS is replaced my LFSA, these new seats are transfered to Gun Hills Local Route and maybe to others depots in the future.

First caught this in early 2008 on the M101 in washington hts

Cool pics!

Sweet Pixs! Gotta bus fan up there on Thursday or around :P! Bx41 wont be cut, just replaced by the Bx39 north of Gun Hill and White Plains which sucks :)!

I thought you said you been on the +SBS LFSA?

But yeah RR is right. But because some New Flyer D60HF +SBS is replaced my LFSA, these new seats are transfered to Gun Hills Local Route and maybe to others depots in the future.

First caught this in early 2008 on the M101 in washington hts

Thank you!

Nice shots of changes...Lovin the polka-dot:tup:

Thanks, the first time I saw the seats I couldn't tell if it was cool or going to make me sick the rest of the way, lol.

Archived