R110A on the move

R33WF

No transit system anywhere could have used them? Third world even?

Where will they get replacement parts from? Those cars were completely dead when I saw them yesterday. No contact shoes on the trucks.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Then they should stay that way they can finaly do something with them besides letting them rot like how the 110b's are split for training purposes.

im really wondering if there gonna scrap it because there not 40 years of age their just hitting 20(2)

Most likely yes. They were only test cars for the R142s (or something related to that) and those been running for 10 solid years. They're doing nothing but take up space at whatever yard they go to.

...I wonder how it looks..

(I apologize if this was mentioned on the forum previously) Why it can't go in service.

It can't go into service because it's an oddball trainset and it'll increase operation costs for only ten cars.

In a perfect world, they could be rebuilt to run with the R142/As as the R11s were oddball trains until they were rebuilt to run with the other SMEE car classes. It's a good idea most certainly, but because this is the MTA we're talking about, it'll never ever happen.

In a perfect world, they could be rebuilt to run with the R142/As as the R11s were oddball trains until they were rebuilt to run with the other SMEE car classes.

but because this is the MTA we're talking about, it'll never ever happen.

But that theory is flawed. It happened with the R11 :P

I believe the R11s were rebuilt before the MTA was even formed. Back then it was the New York City Transit Authority. That organization was absorbed into the MTA.

I believe the R11s were rebuilt before the MTA was even formed. Back then it was the New York City Transit Authority. That organization was absorbed into the MTA.

shaddap :P

No it's not, the R11 were rebuilt under the R34 contract and they could operate with SMEE equipment. Once parts ran out and one car was involve in a collision, they were removed from service.

No it's not, the R11 were rebuilt under the R34 contract and they could operate with SMEE equipment. Once parts ran out and one car was involve in a collision, they were removed from service.

Oh, so they were still parts limited then. Well then, I stand corrected

It can't go into service because it's an oddball trainset and it'll increase operation costs for only ten cars.

In a perfect world, they could be rebuilt to run with the R142/As as the R11s were oddball trains until they were rebuilt to run with the other SMEE car classes. It's a good idea most certainly, but because this is the MTA we're talking about, it'll never ever happen.

I see..

So I guess, making more would just be a hassle..?

Archived