New York City Subway In 2110 (22d Century) Ideas Thread

1. Triboro RX

2. Second Avenue extended to New Rochelle via the freight line and Amtrak (though they would not share tracks).

3. LIRR Rockaway branch reactivated and Montauk branch converted into subway. New line runs from Rockaways to Midtown Manhattan via Montauk and new tunnels.

4. A branch splits off and runs through old Bushwick line and then runs via the (L).

[*]implement smart card payment

[*]add platform screen doors

[*]automate subway operation and decrease headways

[*]expans BRT

[*]clean stations and replace all signs with LED's that update to show current service pattern

[*]add CCTV on trains and keep the most up to date technology in subway cars

There is really no point in major transit expansion unless the city expands it's development to place a need for more transit. In a hundred years transit can expand greatly if our NIMBY culture cools off and we're able to make NYC the super city it once was. Right now NYC seems to be a big city made up of 5 smaller cities. The priority for the next century should not be expansion but instead modernizing the system that exists. So we have to:

im sorry expand was spelt wrong.

If nothing else, I would have a subway line that ran through central Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. From Kings Plaza to Wakefield-241St, via Utica Ave, 59th Street and LGA Airport, and maybe White Plains Road in the Bronx.

100 years from now I picture all subway cars with a slant feature at the front ends for aerodynamics.

Oh God somebody just kill me now and get it over with! I hate the R40S and hope to never see anything like it ever again in life!!!

If nothing else, I would have a subway line that ran through central Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. From Kings Plaza to Wakefield-241St, via Utica Ave, 59th Street and LGA Airport, and maybe White Plains Road in the Bronx.

I argee with you. Thats a good idea :tup:

Oh God somebody just kill me now and get it over with! I hate the R40S and hope to never see anything like it ever again in life!!!

I'll pretend I didn't hear that! :cry::cry:

Hmm...2110. Let me see:

• People will have access to personal, up-to-date travel information. Intelligent software will be able to track one's travel patterns (i.e. what routes someone usually travels on at what times), check what current travel conditions are (i.e. route schedules, track maintenance, diversions etc.), determine your current location and advice the most optimal route from your point of departure to your destination. This will replace the current static travel information, like maps and platform signs;
  • Trains will still run on tracks, because a system-wide reconstruction to accommodate maglev is too expensive and has too many engineering challenges to overcome (i.e. track switches), but in 100 years, rails will be made out of some sort of nanotechnological compound that doesn't wear out, is ultra-strong but flexible and reduces noise-levels (especially around corners);
  • Trains will have doors, seats and headroom that allow for taller and "wider" people :) ;
  • Trains will be driverless and fully automated. An advanced signalling system will allow for shorter headways and the possibility to split trains while running, so units coming from the same train can simultaneously move to different branches. And vice versa: train units from different branches can simultaneously merge into one train;
  • Trains will also be made out of nanotechnological compounds, thereby reducing weight, energy consumption and allowing for better acceleration and breaking;
  • All underground stations will be climate-controlled;
  • ...and I won't probably be around to witness it all...:cry: :P

Hmmmmm...:)

-Screen doors on platforms to prevent 12-9s

-The opportunity to finally "Fly the train to cuba"

-Reinstated (JFK) express.

-Trains will now run on mag-lev

-R44s will be inducted in the hall-of fame as one of the best railcars ever built

-Holographic subway maps eliminating paper ones.

-touch screen train controls.eliminating control handles

-Illuminated train platforms lit with respectable route colors

-Holographic metrocards

-satellite tv on all subway cars

-George Jetson will be the automated announcer voice on all cars.

-The(MTA) will be ran by robots.

LMAO!!! You should have read some of my posts from 2 years ago on this forum!! I take it you've never looked at my profile info bar! Look above where it says "Subway Car(s)"

"All except the R40S"

WHAT?!?!?!

XD

Robotic trains.

:)

A train running by itself will eliminate the driver's career for all those who dream of driving trains...

the world will never end. who ever belives thhat 2012 thing is crazy the world according to prays and bible said world without an end remember anyway in 2110 i think the system will be so screwd up. no one relizes they want to make a modern system with walls that seen there great grand parents. get it guys.

Archived