Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Catch an R12/14/22 @ 215th Street.....

....with a photo, that is.

Just posted this on Subchat:

For those interested, anyone can catch R12 #5782, R14 #5871, and R22 #7486 currently on the curves on the north end of 207th Street Yard closest to the 215th Street Station.

They are in a set with some R32s and I believe R42s(I do not remember the car numbers, sorry). The set up is as follows: R42?-R42?-R32-R32-R32-R32-5782-7486-5871. Also found a few R42s on another track and the R110Bs on the curves.

As to when or how long those cars were there and what will be happening with them I don't know...hopefully someone can shaed some light here. Kind of makes me wonder the fate of what I call the Concourse Pair (R17 #6895 and R21 #7267) which were stripped of their sash windows and rollsigns ages ago.

Sorry if this information was already posted here on NYCTF (...I've been away for a long time since I've been busy with completing college and just recently graduated...I have lots of catching up to do!).

-MF'86

<4>

That pair of SMEEs at Concourse that's ALL THE WAY in the corner of the yard are just sitting there rotting (I believe they're in work car livery). It's too dangerous to move them so they'll just be sitting there for who knows how long.

That pair of SMEEs at Concourse that's ALL THE WAY in the corner of the yard are just sitting there rotting (I believe they're in work car livery). It's too dangerous to move them so they'll just be sitting there for who knows how long.

Yeah, those cars have been sitting there since early '02...7267 was once a Garbage Motor I believe and 6895 got there under its own power. I'd be suprised if these cars, moved by locomotive out of Concourse make it past the 205th Street Bridge.

I remember seeing pics of them over a year ago on Subchat and they looked in pretty bad shape inside, especially 7267 which had many old signals and garbage inside.

Yeah, those cars have been sitting there since early '02...7267 was once a Garbage Motor I believe and 6895 got there under its own power. I'd be suprised if these cars, moved by locomotive out of Concourse make it past the 205th Street Bridge.

I remember seeing pics of them over a year ago on Subchat and they looked in pretty bad shape inside, especially 7267 which had many old signals and garbage inside.

Wow! That's definitely something to see!

Since the R12, R14, and R22 are there does this mean we get to play with some rollsigns at the Transit Museum.:P

Why would that mean that you get to play will rollsigns?

I'm not a foamer, I'm a railfanner there is a difference. What I meant was isn't there a pair of R33's that go to the transit museum when an a-division train gets taken out of the transit museum in brooklyn? This specific pair of R33's has working rollsign cranks. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

-(A)(N)(D)(R)(E)(W)

I'm not a foamer, I'm a railfanner there is a difference. What I meant was isn't there a pair of R33's that go to the transit museum when an a-division train gets taken out of the transit museum in brooklyn? This specific pair of R33's has working rollsign cranks. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

-(A)(N)(D)(R)(E)(W)

If you look at the car numbers or the cars at 207th St and those in the museum, they are different. Nothing has been taken from the museum, if anything there will be a car going back there sometime soon. Bonus points to anyone who knows what car will be going back.

If you look at the car numbers or the cars at 207th St and those in the museum, they are different. Nothing has been taken from the museum, if anything there will be a car going back there sometime soon. Bonus points to anyone who knows what car will be going back.

I think i can guess this one,Low-V trailer car# 4902.

Humm, looks like something interesting going up there, but I can tell those old cars R12/14/22 cannot be moved because sitting there for 8 full years means rust and stiffness and possibly breaking apart. It will most likely disrupt service if it does get moved and gets into an incident, it is dangerous indeed.

Please, you don't know what your talking about. Obviosly the cars can move without breaking apart, plus many of the cars that now make musem runs sat idle for many yaers.

-(A)(N)(D)(R)(E)(W)

I'm A Super Foamer , Im silly , You gotta see the drool

AnD I wanna see someone say something to me

(A)ndy your A Proud Railfaner so don't worry about it . (W)e well most of us love this Hobby 110 percent and there's nothing wrong with that.

I have A question since I'm a Super soaker I mean Foamer

the closest station is ??? To this yard ?? Thank you

(N)ever underestimate the power of the FoAmer up up and away

(F)oam on

\

I have A question since I'm a Super soaker I mean Foamer

the closest station is ??? To this yard ?? Thank you

(N)ever underestimate the power of the FoAmer up up and away

(F)oam on

215th St on the (1) and 207th St, ridding north bound gives you a good look at the yard.

No need to worry about the R14s, R21, R32s, R42s, and R110Bs that got moved around up at 207th Street. They were just making room for 12 sets of R46s that are being transfered this weekend. Also, the days of the R44s are almost gone.

No need to worry about the R14s, R21, R32s, R42s, and R110Bs that got moved around up at 207th Street. They were just making room for 12 sets of R46s that are being transfered this weekend. Also, the days of the R44s are almost gone.

:cry:(N)ooooo .....(W)hyyyyyy The Horror ...The Humanity :cry:

I'm going snorkling:p

:cry:(N)ooooo .....(W)hyyyyyy The Horror ...The Humanity :cry:

I'm going snorkling:p

Maybe I wasn't clear, they are being put on those tracks because with no more R160 deliveries, they can be used as storage space. All those cars had been sitting out in the yard, but with the 12 sets of R46s coming, they need room in the main yard. The old cars are safe... for now.

Archived