Société de transport de Montréal (STM)

AlexLy

• 4 weeks later...
thanks for sharing that video

ill be comming into montreal to visit family either this weekend or the next and i need to know of some places to get some great photos any ideas?

Hmm, I always suggest the same places...:confused:

Well, on Ave. Du Parc near des Pins at the Mont-Royal Park, you can spot many LFS Artic action and stand where ever you want to snap some good pics, see this: http://www.trans-continental.ca/Quebec/Montreal/STM/articulatednova/29-849.jpg.php :)

Also, at the Place-des-Arts metro (Quartier des Spectacles) the same route (80) goes by there along with the 55*, 129 and 535.

At the 165 northern terminus:

http://www.trans-continental.ca/Quebec/Montreal/STM/articulatednova/30-831_30-809.jpg.php

You can always transitfan on Rene-Levesque boulevard, in downtown Montreal. You may see the 535 and the 747 too.

My personnal list:

Parc de la Merci on Gouin blvd, where the 69 goes by until rue De Salaberry.

(The park is very nice, BTW!)

Lacordaire / Maurice-Duplessis (Montreal-Nord), buses: 32 - 1st gen action, 49 - 3rd gen action, 69 - Artic action, 199 - 1st gen action and 505 (weekdays in the morning).

De serres / Grenet (Ahuntsic / Cartierville) best place for the 64, 68, 69 and STL-Laval 55. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Congratulations to the STM they won the 2010 award for best T/A in North America, they ran against 54 other t/a's

Yeah, almost 1 month later the medias are starting to talk about this... Take a look at the top of this page! :P Video!

Congrats STM!

30-196.jpg?m=1288727840

you beat me to it im really surprised people in the car didnt have the brains to pull the emergency brake lever located above them

Exactly, that's what everybody says, even on the STM Facebook page they're saying that they should've pull it, so the train immediately will stop at the next station.

Yesterday, I've finally managed to get a ride on a new LFSA. I got on 30-870! The bus accelerates very fast and it brakes smoothly too! :D I'm very happy to see this!

It has the new specs:

Cummins ISL9 330hp (EPA 2010)

ZF 6AP1700B

The sound is similar to the 40-footers but it goes 10 times faster than them.

No videos on Youtube yet!

Photo by LF-A

30-853.jpg?m=1287967159

Photo by Joseph McArdle

30-866%20%283%29.JPG?m=1290104412

lol its alright, the 139 is a very nice route, especially when it has the classics running on it ( which im not sure if they still do )

These days there are not too many Classics on the 139. :P

that sucks ive realized a good place to go to for classics seems to be Henri-Bourassa.. or i might just be lucky

Henri-Bourassa? Seriously? With all the brand new buses at CT Anjou? :P

I'd say the best place for Classic would be... uhh... Downtown?.. I usually see Classics on school routes now. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived