Micheal Jackson 1958-2009: 1 year later

Shortline Bus

Tommorrow June 25, 2010 is the first anniversity of the passing of maybe the most talented Entertainer of All Time, the controversial Micheal Jackson.

Just wanted to hear from everyone especially the newer members where they were when they heard offically that "MJ" had died? Also many radio stations, online music outlets and TV music channels across America and I am sure many places around the globe, will have a Micheal Jackson 'marathon' including NYC's own WKTU-FM 103.5 who will have a MJ memorial weekend.

Reactions to Micheal and this sad anniversity?B)

In meantime, here a Daily News story in which how Jackson's estate in just 1 year has gained over 1/2 a Billion Dollars(appx. $700 Million)from value of everything from his songwriting material to selling his name.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/06/21/2010-06-21_michael_jacksons_estate_generates_estimated_783_million_since_king_of_pops_death.html

:P He was a landmark in the American culture. I dont think we'll forget about him anytime soon.

I did. He was a freak show, a very weird person. I can care less if tomorrow is his 1 year anniversary of dying, Tomorrow is pay day and beer day.

Its really too bad that some people will remember him as "Jackoo" or "a freak show". They just don't understand that as a kid, MJ never really had the chance to be a "kid". NTM he donated millions of dollars towards charity but I bet most of you never heard about that. Why? Simply because he was'nt the kind of person who would boast about his good will. R.I.P MJ.

Its really too bad that some people will remember him as "Jackoo" or "a freak show". They just don't understand that as a kid, MJ never really had the chance to be a "kid". NTM he donated millions of dollars towards charity but I bet most of you never heard about that. Why? Simply because he was'nt the kind of person who would boast about his good will. R.I.P MJ.

You know why I never knew about his donation to charities? because his wackyness overshadow'd everything normal that he did in life. All the contoversies involving child molestations and his skin bleeching ect ect. He never had a chance to be a "kid" well too bad, because of that missed opportunity he became a multi millionare. He died because he was a drug addict and set a poor example for his poor children who were isolated from the outside world, and almost missed an opportunity to be "kids" remember how he would dress them when they went in public with the vales covering their face? or what about naming his kid Blanket? WTF is that?

While I was never a fan of Michael Jackson, I have to say that he did set a precedent in the music and dance industry for all others after him. Also I can't forget about his death because he died on the day I graduated from high school...talk about irony!

I never believed all the allegations made against MJ anyways, never did. People would do anything to get money sad to say...that's just the way I see it.

So these people just made that up out of thin air? If he felt not guilty then instead of paying some of the families off he should have just went to trail then.

So these people just made that up out of thin air? If he felt not guilty then instead of paying some of the families off he should have just went to trail then.

That's true...I guess that's the main reason why we never got to really know the true "Wacko Jacko".

Like I said, never was a fan of his music. Not my type. I like music that's contemporary or is pretty close to it.

I never believed all the allegations made against MJ anyways, never did. People would do anything to get money sad to say...that's just the way I see it.

Being fair LRG, how many adult men have a chimp sleep in his same bed and think's he "Peter Pan?":o:confused:

That is what makes this Man, so well known besides an all time great Entertainer in same league as Elvis.

For those of you too young to remember, Micheal played a huge role in breaking the racial barrier in Pop Music and being the first solo Black Performer on MTV when they played videos.

MJ was so complex that is what an all time media favorite in the gossip papers. I am sure the gossip magazines made millions in profits on his controversial life.

With that said, there a difference between bringing up Jackson's chilld abuse allegations/bizzare lifestyle and also turning this chat into I hate MJ and kicking him when he died and can't defend himself.

R.I.P MJ. Your Music will last forever! I am so sad that day he died. I was in 8th Grade and the last day of school was next day(June 26th) and my school was talking about his death. I will miss him. My Mom and I was shocked when MJ Died. Rest In Peace The King of Pop. :cry:

My friends want a holiday for Micheal Jackson dying

That'll never happen as he didn't really do anything influential to change our lives so much...he was just a musician and dancer.

That'll never happen as he didn't really do anything influential to change our lives so much...he was just a musician and dancer.

So then why does Lebron James have his own day out in Ohio?

And what you forgot about the millions Michael gave away to help sick people and all of the money he gave to Africa. Please, if Obama died today he wouldnt even get the turnout MJ did and he has own day already and he hasnt done shyt.

Anways I grew up to this man, he means alot to me and when 6/25/2009came It was like a bad dream. I couldnt believe that it was MJ that died and till this day it still doesnt seem like he is gone. There will never in a million years be a person of this magnitude.

So then why does Lebron James have his own day out in Ohio?

And what you forgot about the millions Michael gave away to help sick people and all of the money he gave to Africa. Please, if Obama died today he wouldnt even get the turnout MJ did and he has own day already and he hasnt done shyt.

Anways I grew up to this man, he means alot to me and when 6/25/2009came It was like a bad dream. I couldnt believe that it was MJ that died and till this day it still doesnt seem like he is gone. There will never in a million years be a person of this magnitude.

While I am also a MJ fan but grew to dislike his life especially in later years(another discussion)being fair Micheal is not for instance Martin Luther King Jr. to get a "Holiday" at least here in the US.

However I do hope his birthday in August 1958 and not his passing of June 2009 will become a worldwide celebration of this legend who besides IMO Elvis, The Beatles, Bob Marley, and Louie Armstrong are the best and most influential musicians of the last 100 years.:cry:

And LRG going off topic for second. Today's pop music is filled with samplings and remakes from artists between the 1960's-'90's and nothing great about it IMO. Again blame the mega reord companies that does not allow for being creative and different, it's all about money.:)

LRG This is not a knock on your preference of music but trying to ask you to be more 'open minded." LRGH you seem to be a bright young man you should learn about 'oldies' as well since everyone of today's artists in pop music is influenced from MJ to Elvis to Beatles, and others.

What makes Mr. Jackson so great is that he was a great singer and dancer and his music could be played in almost any format of radio from R&B to Rock("Beat It" "Dirty Diana") Dance, Soft Rock/"Slow Jams" and even Hip Hop. ("Jam" a duet w/ Heavy D) Plus a world record of most albums ever sold, which in this era of MP3/Ipods is likely will never be broken again.:cry:

Michael Jackson was never given the chance to be a normal kid, so that definetely contributed to his eccentric adult life. His music was very good, and I listen to it. He might not have been a good a person in his later life, but his music will live on.

Michael Jackson was never given the chance to be a normal kid, so that definetely contributed to his eccentric adult life. His music was very good, and I listen to it. He might not have been a good a person in his later life, but his music will live on.

Perfect comment on Micheal Jackson young man. That excatly how i also feel about MJ as well. When you have a 'drill sergent Dad' like Joe jackson who spanked like crazy all of his kids for screwing up in trying to break in the entertainment biz you will have scars.:)

In today's Politically correct world, someone like Joe Jackson might have been arrestred for child abuse.

Also guys not to get to off topic but related what you think of Sister Latoya's claim that Joe Jackson sexually mostled the Jackson girls including Janet?:confused:

I have to agree with you on this one. I never believed one bit of it!

I personally think they did make it all up. When the Judge would ask certain questions that molested kids would know, they couldn't answer. Not only that, but I think he settled out of court for various reasons. Trust me when I say that just because someone chooses not to go to trial does not mean they are guilty. These allegations are what REALLY messed him up. He would never hurt a child, and he never really recovered from that stigma. This caused him to go through serious depression, and start using drugs. This is all IMO of course. But I maintain this position. It's just a tragic case on every front.

Archived