Condom distribution policy starting in elementry school at Provincetown, Mass.

TrainFanatic

Sex education starts early, especially if you go to elementary school in Provincetown, Mass.

That’s because the school committee has unanimously adopted a condom distribution policy beginning as early as first grade.

According to the Provincetown Banner, the program requires that students speak to a school nurse or trained counselor before receiving condoms.

The committee also directed school leaders not to honor demands from parents who object to their kids receiving protection.

Some members on the committee were wary because the program requires that students speak to school officials first.

But Beth Singer, the school’s superintendent, said she wanted to guarantee younger students get information on how to use condoms because there is no age limit.

“We’re talking about younger kids,” said Singer. “They have questions they need answered on how to use them, when to use them.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/06/22/2010-06-22_condom_distribution_policy_starting_in_elementary_school_at_provincetown_mass_.html#ixzz0roXpNDFz

Crazy huh?

Kids are getting bolder and bolder these days...lol. When I was in first grade I remember my friends and I staying far ways from girls at all costs!!! Man, has society changed or what???

It's disgusting. First of all, kids shouldn't be having sex. Second, these are elementary school kids. I might understand high school kids (even then I don't recomment condoms), but small, 7 year olds? That's nasty. They haven't even reached puberty yet. Oh, and of course, how small is the condom going to be? :)

This is an exercise in wastefulness and asininity on the part of the school board. I have no problem with middle and high school kids receiving free condoms because they are at (or in the latter case reasonably close to) the age where there is potential for sexual activity. However, three quarters of elementary school kids have never even heard of sex and if they had they would probably consider it utterly diagusting. I would bet that money is being pocketed somewhere down the line by someone and the school board came up with this to cover it; a program like this can very easily incur expenses that nobody will look at and thus whoever stole can say the money went to acquiring condoms (which he will never actually have to do) and continue to steal.

Kids are getting bolder and bolder these days...lol. When I was in first grade I remember my friends and I staying far ways from girls at all costs!!! Man, has society changed or what???

Me too. Cooties and all that.

I am sure that still hasnt changed.

Would it even fit?

I have to say this, but:

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Exactly.. MINI-CONDOMS? Unless the kids have congenital venereal disease or something, they don't need condoms anyway. What is there to contain in the condoms? Giving them to the middle schoolers would make sense. A first grader? Jesus.

Wait this is Massachusetts. Only in Massachusetts... *shakes head*

god damn it... again with Provincetown making news....

for those that don't know... take a look at the shape of the state of massachusetts.... see where it forms a "hook"... well, at the very tip of the hook, is where provincetown is located... it's a known gay community... it's also where that retarded f*** George Bush (the son) used to live....

now they're distributing condoms to elementary school kids... How Pathetic.

anything to gain headlines in the media....

Archived