MTA plans include increased 4 train service

Trainspotter

MTA plans include increased 4 train service

MTA chief Elliot Sander celebrated the agency's 40th anniversary Monday by unveiling dramatic service expansion proposals for decades down the line that would include extending the Second Avenue subway into Brooklyn and Queens and connecting LaGuardia Airport to the Woodside LIRR station by train.

In the first ever "State of the MTA" speech, Sander also spoke of the not-too-far off future improvements, such as upgrading or replacing MetroCards with "a smart, contactless device with enough functionality that some day it will work for all public transit from Maine to North Carolina."

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - March 5, 2008

Every 60 seconds?

With the 5 running on those tracks down Lex too? That'd be a train (4 or 5) every 30 seconds! Would make for some interesting station dwell times...

"Stand clear of the closing doors if you like having limbs..."

:D

Doesn't the 4 train run every 90 seconds during the rush, or it seems like it. I wonder how they plan to squeeze in more.

The extra service isnt for the rush hour but during the middays and late evening after the rush hours..

Instead of laying up a few trains they just keep em in service.

The extra service isnt for the rush hour but during the middays and late evening after the rush hours..

Instead of laying up a few trains they just keep em in service.

The 4 train seems to run every 90 seconds off peak. I don't think the 4 train has an off peak, except after 0030hrs. I see the 1 train running in service pass the depot every 90 seconds (or every 2 minutes) super late. I be like WTF, this many 1 trains at 2330hrs and later?

But then again you worked those once upon a time.

The 4 train seems to run every 90 seconds off peak. I don't think the 4 train has an off peak, except after 0030hrs. I see the 1 train running in service pass the depot every 90 seconds (or every 2 minutes) super late. I be like WTF, this many 1 trains at 2330hrs and later?

But then again you worked those once upon a time.

I took a downtown (4) from 167th Street to 42nd Street last Thursday evening, around 7:40 p.m. I had to wait 12 minutes for it to come. Increased service on the (4) will definitely be appreciated.

Archived