Bedford Av stop on the (L) train future is getting worse

w8Hou

Well something else that can be taken into further account is the fact that those who live north of Grand Street (splits North and South Sides on Williamsburg) will most likely walk and take the (L) because...it's what's closer to them; those who live south of Grand Street will take the (M) most likely. But because unless you choose to take the B62 to get to the Bridge Plaza then you'd have a lot of walking to do to get to the (M) line. But I doubt those who already live in North Side Williamsburg will leave the (L) line because it's so frequent.

I agree that Northern Billy-burgers won't detract from taking their beloved (L). However, Southern Billy-burgers who normally walk to Bedford (and there are a good amount of them) will more likely than not take advantage of their new one-seat (M) commute to work. That in itself decreases the crowding at Bedford, let alone the number of Bushwickers/Ridgewoodians who won't need to transfer at Myrtle-Wyckoff.

I agree that Northern Billy-burgers won't detract from taking their beloved (L). However, Southern Billy-burgers who normally walk to Bedford (and there are a good amount of them) will more likely than not take advantage of their new one-seat (M) commute to work. That in itself decreases the crowding at Bedford, let alone the number of Bushwickers/Ridgewoodians who won't need to transfer at Myrtle-Wyckoff.

And/or 14 Street/6 Av.

If a connecting passage was made between the (G) Broadway station and Hewes St. on the (J)(M) then people could use the (G) and transfer there, not having been in either station I have no idea how practical that would be, from the map they appear to be 1-2 blocks apart.

If a connecting passage was made between the (G) Broadway station and Hewes St. on the (J)(M) then people could use the (G) and transfer there, not having been in either station I have no idea how practical that would be, from the map they appear to be 1-2 blocks apart.

There is no justification for a passage way, it would be too ling and to expensive. If anything, an out of system Metrocard transfer should be available.

There is no justification for a passage way, it would be too ling and to expensive. If anything, an out of system Metrocard transfer should be available.

Seriously, if there is one at 59th-63rd St then there should be one here.

Or tear down Hewes and Lorimer St stations and build a new one at Union-Broadway. That would create a connection and speed up (J)(M)(Z) trains. The stations are so close together anyway it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Seriously, if there is one at 59th-63rd St then there should be one here.

Or tear down Hewes and Lorimer St stations and build a new one at Union-Broadway. That would create a connection and speed up (J)(M)(Z) trains. The stations are so close together anyway it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Tearing down two stations to make one station to transfer to a (G) station that is not used that much is a total waste. The most they should do is have a free out of system metro card transfer and even then, it's not really needed.

The L is all CBTC.. They can add plenty more trains having them spaced closer together thanks to CBTC. End of story.

I remember being told that CBTC only increased the (L)'s capacity by 1 or two trains. That whole system is a failure, but the MTA won't give it up because of the money they have put into it.

Archived