Taking Pictures in the Subways and Buses

Railfaner100

While i was taking pics on the Subways and Buses an undercover NYPD officer told me not to take any more photos on the Subways and Buses due the 9/11 terrorist attack and the cop thought that i was a terrorist attempting to blow up that Subway just for taking pics.:mad:

Well sorry about that. That never happened to me before. In fact, the last time I took pics of the subway, an MTA employee went up to me saying that it was totally legal to take pics of the subway.

Are you sure about that, because the cop told me that now that the NYPD is becoming more strict with photography in the Subway and he said to me that it is illegal after the 9/11 terrorist attack.:confused:

Are you sure about that, because the cop told me that now that the NYPD is becoming more strict with photography in the Subway and he said to me that it is illegal after the 9/11 terrorist attack.:confused:
Yep. Straight up MTA employee comming from the track bed saying that it was perfectly legal, as long as you don't use a tripod and/or flash.

While i was taking pics on the Subways and Buses an undercover NYPD officer told me not to take any more photos on the Subways and Buses due the 9/11 terrorist attack and the cop thought that i was a terrorist attempting to blow up that Subway just for taking pics.:mad:

Aiy yai yai, you must be some character. Are you related to famousenylover or megawang?

What do you mean by that anyway?:confused:

Nothing, sometimes the cops just want to break your chops and tell you you cannot take pics. Either tell them its cool or just put the camera away and go to another location. keeps everyone happy.

Nothing, sometimes the cops just want to break your chops and tell you you cannot take pics. Either tell them its cool or just put the camera away and go to another location. keeps everyone happy.

Seriously, The cops told me if they catch me taking pics on the subways again that they going to give me a ticket and arrest me.:cry:

Taking photos and videos is 100% LEGAL in the MTA system as said here

http://mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

# Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

This has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, terrorism, NYPD anything. Anyone who tells you otherwise is obviously a liar.

If the NYPD ever arrests you for taking photos of the trains, you have a nice lawsuit against the NYPD right there...

Taking photos and videos is 100% LEGAL in the MTA system as said here

http://mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

# Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

This has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, terrorism, NYPD anything. Anyone who tells you otherwise is obviously a liar.

If the NYPD ever arrests you for taking photos of the trains, you have a nice lawsuit against the NYPD right there...

Okay, if taking pics and videos is totally legel in the system, so how came these undercover cops keep on bullying me and harrasing me by saying there going to give a fine and arrest me?:mad:

Okay, if taking pics and videos is totally legel in the system, so how came these undercover cops keep on bullying me and harrasing me by saying there going to give a fine and arrest me?:mad:

cuz theyre a**holes and if they arrest you, you can sue and make lots of $

Okay dude, you have to MAN UP! Stop being the wimp that you are and prove them wrong for once. Carry the rules and their directive. Technically, you can't get arrested just by taking pictures in the subway. Don't feel hurt by this either. It's happened to me many times before, but the cops just walk away after reading the directive paper I have.

I think those undercover cops are fraud and fake and are pretending to be police, do you think i should take them to court and file a hearing?:mad:

Ask for their badge and ID. If they refuse to do that, you can probably file a hearing.

cuz theyre a**holes and if they arrest you, you can sue and make lots of $

That's a bad f***ing attitude. When you sue the city, or the MTA you are suing the taxpayers.

You are suing yourself, your family, and everyone you know.

How about having common sense, carry the bulletins, explain what you know, and if the guy still has problems request his badge or pass number and file a formal complaint. Be cordial and you will be fine. Cop an attitude and you'll be the one with the Bronx party hat.

Ask for their badge and ID. If they refuse to do that, you can probably file a hearing.

Undercover cops ID themselves when they stop you. Trust me, I've been stopped a couple of times by them not for photography but for other issues.

Archived