Graffiti

Sam

It looks to me like ink graffiti is making a comeback on the Eastern Division R160s. Virtually every car on the J, M, and Z trains I saw yesterday had some tag on the hull. Some attempts are made to remove the tags, but they're left as smudges for the most part. I saw "Melo" the most. This was a stark contrast to the Jamaica 160s which are relatively cleaner. Personally, these imbeciles should be made to lick their tags off he trains when caught!

It never went away and it never will, the thing is the MTA had the money to clean it before and now they don't. As for someone like that getting caught, I doubt that will happen unless the tagger starts doing bigger stuff.

graffiti is one of those things that will never go away..unless if you start electrifying the outside of the trains and kill whoever dares to touch it, oh well what can we do lol

Poor car inspectors.:P

On a more serious note, they could station a guard or two in the yard overnight, if that's where it's done. If it works, raise the fines and the city and state will profit from it.

Poor car inspectors.:P

On a more serious note, they could station a guard or two in the yard overnight, if that's where it's done. If it works, raise the fines and the city and state will profit from it.

Who said they do that at yards? You only need a couple of seconds to do a tag and you could do it anywhere, stations included.

Poor car inspectors.:)

I remember when some Graffitti artists murdered some poor German Shepherd dogs just so they can do up a few cars.

Graffiti is stupid. I don't get how some people who vandilized call it "art." Its more like a bunch of scribble scrabble onto the hull

Also I think the one way to remove it is to replace the hole, but that takes a whole lot of money. Scratchitti on windows is removed from the R160s by peeling the plastic covering from the windows and replacing it

Graffiti is stupid. I don't get how some people who vandilized call it "art." Its more like a bunch of scribble scrabble onto the hull

Also I think the one way to remove it is to replace the hole, but that takes a whole lot of money. Scratchitti on windows is removed from the R160s by peeling the plastic covering from the windows and replacing it

Thank you! Almost nobody pays attention to those things anyway, and it's just like writing "John was here" on every subway car you ride in.:mad::mad::mad:

Please excuse the horrible camera phone shot but I caught this r-160 with some graffiti while driving over the willy b.

r160g.jpg

the pic really isnt that bad, when im along Jamaica Ave i take shots on how horrible the vandalism on the ENY cars has gotten.

I like CIY yard's R160's they are taken good care of. If Pitkin or 207th had R160's I think the would take very good care of them too.

whos to say ENY is not taking care of their cars? they are performing really well, its just the neighborhoods it runs through that have many vandals who can get away with tagging up on the (J)

i dont like CIY's R160's for the simple fact that they're really dirty

Yea those smudges are permanent like Bill said.Jamaica's cars are like that also some of them and those marking and smudges will probably never go away.

i think they should have left those tags up until they got "easy-off" and brillo pads..and also use soap and water as opposed to using chemicals only. by the way, Jamaica's cars are not like ENY cars. Jamaica actually have different equipment to remove tags but it makes the car look faded or hollow graphic. see cars 9353-9357 9343-9347

9848-9852 9483-9487 9143-9147.

9343-9353 are the worst. if u spot any of those cars, you'll see what im talking about. ;)

i think they should have left those tags up until they got "easy-off" and brillo pads..and also use soap and water as opposed to using chemicals only. by the way, Jamaica's cars are not like ENY cars. Jamaica actually have different equipment to remove tags but it makes the car look faded or hollow graphic. see cars 9353-9357 9343-9347

9848-9852 9483-9487 9143-9147.

9343-9353 are the worst. if u spot any of those cars, you'll see what im talking about. ;)

Yeah I've seen those cars...they look terrible. But what do you expect...Jamaica can't take care of their trains for nothing.

Archived