Special 6 Train

This past weekend the Westchester shops was working hard to roll out the one and only Target train. It was placed in service for the Monday AM Rush Hour and I was the first one to operate it in service. The Car Numbers are 7641-7650 the whole train is bubble wrapped.

35728_2442500460973_1205671933_100666755_3877234_n.jpg

Hope this worked I never posted a imaqge before exept on Facebook.

This past weekend the Westchester shops was working hard to roll out the one and only Target train. It was placed in service for the Monday AM Rush Hour and I was the first one to operate it in service. The Car Numbers are 7641-7650 the whole train is bubble wrapped.

photo.php?pid=100666755&id=1205671933

Hope this worked I never posted a imaqge before exept on Facebook.

Cool that you were the first to operate the wrapped train! But the pic's not showing.

I was lucky enough to be wandering through the barn when they were wraping the train. They had a big crew with 2 people per car putting the wrap up. Then I ended up riding it Tuesday moring around 5am. I say they do it with all the trains if it brings money in.

Ahhhhhhh.Corporate graffiti!!!!.this is worst than the real thing.:)

Well if this "corporate graffiti" helps bring the (MTA) some money so that they don't eliminate anymore bus and subway service, then they need to wrap EVERY subway car in the system.

I forgot to mention that I rode the Special (6) train this evening a little after 6pm. It looks GREAT. It gives the cars some color. I didn't realize how much color has been missing from the recent subway cars until looking at this wrap. The folks at the Westchester Yard did a great job putting this ad on the train and I hope there will be more of these wraps on subway cars throughout the system in the future.

Yeah, from a woman's perspective difficult to find cute outfits in there. From a guy's POV I'm only in there to buy navy slacks when my TA stuff dont fit and for undergarments lol (other than food). The best part of Target is its grocery, good prices when the item isnt on sale at PathMark.

Back on topic however, I dont think it gets any preferencial treatment (as in logging more road hours than the typical train), its just at the mercy of the railroad.

Archived