Huge, confusing L GO for July 5!

Amtrak7

(L) No service between 8 Av, Manhattan and Myrtle-Wykcoff Avs, Brooklyn

(F)(J)(M) trains, M14 and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Holiday, 4:30 AM Mon to 5 AM Tue, Jul 5 - 6

• Between Manhattan and Brooklyn, four options:

1. (M) train (Monday only), trains run between Metropolitan Av-Middle Village, Queens and the 57 St-6 Av (F) Stations, Manhattan.

Note: Manhattan-bound (M) service runs from 8 AM to 11 PM.

Queens-bound (M) service runs from 9 AM to 12 midnight.

2. (F)(J) service, via a transfer at Delancey-Essex Sts, for travel between the

14 St-6 Av (F), Marcy Av, Hewes St and/or Broadway Junction (J) Stations.

3. (A) service between 14 St-8 Av and Broadway Junction.

4. (G) service is available at Lorimer St. Use service for connections to (E) service to/from Manhattan at Long Island City-Court Sq or, to (A)(C) trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.

• In Brooklyn, free shuttle buses provide alternate service with two routes:

1. For (L) stations between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and Lorimer St.

2. For connections between (L) stations at Lorimer St and Bedford Av and (J)(M) service at Marcy Av and Hewes St. Transfer between the two shuttle bus routes at Lorimer St.

• In Manhattan, take the M14 for (L) stations along 14 St. M14 service runs to the Essex St (J)(M) Station.

• During your trip, look for additional signs at stations for special instructions.

* Bus stops are marked with yellow "shuttle bus" signs.

** See note above regarding limited hours for service.

All I can say is WOW! Must be a nightmare who those who have to work Monday!

Note: There are NO other GO's for Monday (except for the (M) extension).

wow, I have never read a more confusing GO. :confused:.

It is confusing, but at least I understand it. One problem: They don't mention that the M14D doesn't serve Essex!

Want a real confusing GO to read? Try this one, from gothamist.com. I don't even understand it! This happened in 2008.

subwayposter.jpg

It is confusing, but at least I understand it. One problem: They don't mention that the M14D doesn't serve Essex!

Want a real confusing GO to read? Try this one, from gothamist.com. I don't even understand it! This happened in 2008.

subwayposter.jpg

that one's pretty bad too. and I used to live on Culver.

Oh, so that's it! The (L) is out. Whenever the (L) would be out between Manhattan and Brooklyn (not simply between Myrtle and Lorimer), they would usually extend the (M2). Now, with the new 6th Avenue route, it's even better as it now takes you directly to 14th.

Still funny that it doesn't give any information on any change to the (F), and leaves it unanswered how the (M) will terminate at 57th otherwise.

(BTW, just came back from my first trip through the cut!:cool: Getting reaady to go back out in a few minutes)

This GO is actually simple, it's just the million inspecific alternatives that confuse everything.

Here's how I would phrase it:

No (L) trains from 8 Av to Myrtle-Wyckoff.

Alternatives:

-Shuttle bus from Myrtle-Wyckoff to Lorimer Street

-Shuttle bus from Bedford Av & Lorimer Street stations to Marcy Av and Hewes St (J)(M) stations.*

-M14 bus, serving all Manhattan stops, as well as Essex Street (F)(J)(M).

-(F), (J), and (M) train service.

To get from closed stops in Brooklyn to Manhattan:

-On Monday, take the shuttle bus to Myrtle-Wyckoff or Marcy Av. From there, take the (M) train to either 6 Av/14 Street (transfer to the M14) or Essex St (transfer to the M14).

-On Tuesday, take the shuttle bus to Myrtle-Wyckoff or Marcy Av. From there, take the (J) train to Essex Street and transfer to the M14. Also, from Essex Street, (F) service is available to 6 Av/14 St.

To get from Manhattan to closed stops in Brooklyn:

-On Monday, take the M14 to either 6 Avenue/14 St or Essex Street. From there, take the (M) train to either Marcy Avenue or Myrtle-Wyckoff, and transfer to a shuttle bus.

-On Tuesday, two options are available:

1. Take the M14 to 6 Av/14 St and transfer to the (F) to Essex Street. From there, take the (J) to either Marcy Avenue or Myrtle-Wyckoff, and transfer to a shuttle bus.

2. Take the M14 to Essex St. Then, take the (J) to either Marcy Avenue or Myrtle-Wyckoff, and transfer to a shuttle bus.

To get from open stops in Brooklyn to Manhattan:

-Take the (L) to Broadway Junction and transfer to the (J). Ride it to Essex Street and transfer to the M14.

To get from Manhattan to open stops in Brooklyn:

-Take the M14 to Essex Street and transfer to the (J). Ride the (J) to Broadway Junction, and transfer to the (L).

Longer, but more detailed.

* [my note...why Hewes as well as Marcy? Either one or the other would make more sense].

I find it the most interesting is that this G.O. is on Monday but not done on Saturday as in no (L) to Manhattan. But yeah, nothing on the MTA site with the (F) change, just (L) so far.
I saw the G.O.s for the weekend version (couldn't find the one for Monday), and on the weekend, (L) shuttle service from 8th to Lorimer is running, so no extended (M).

I saw the G.O.s for the weekend version (couldn't find the one for Monday), and on the weekend, (L) shuttle service from 8th to Lorimer is running, so no extended (M).

Ah, I see, still don't really understand why they did this but whatevers.

If they're sending (M)s to 57th, then that'll interrupt the (F). They'll have to send (F)s via 53rd. But THAT leaves us wondering what'll serve the 63rd Street stations. My guess: the (R). That means no local trains at Queens Plaza though. ;)

If they're sending (M)s to 57th, then that'll interrupt the (F). They'll have to send (F)s via 53rd. But THAT leaves us wondering what'll serve the 63rd Street stations. My guess: the (R). That means no local trains at Queens Plaza though. ;)

Or the (Q) to Queensbridge?

(M) Extension has been modified:

Monday July 5th (Independence Day Observed)

To Manhattan 8:00am to 11:00pm

To Middle Village: 9:00am to Midnight

With the (F)(M) and (D) operating on a Saturday schedule and the (;) not running, this should ease things a little.

So until around 8:00am northbound and around 9:00am southbound, Sixth Avenue is (F) and (D) only.

Can't they just operate the (M) to Queens Plaza via 53rd Street and operate normal weekend (F), (Q) and (R) on Monday the 5th?

That will back up the (E), as well as the (F) if it runs via 53rd. 57th Street is fine.

Actually, QP would be ok to terminate the (M) because the train would be on the express tracks and can be held on the spur track till the next Man. bound (E) enters.

It's the (G) that would tie things up if it were to relay there tying up the (E)(R) lines.

I'd have to disagree, as you'd still have quite a few (M) trains waiting to enter the spur track and then the station. It worked for the Arnines because it was only one train. More trains = more problems.

I seen it on TENS.

In the public system, there is a GO for the weekend of 7/10 involving buses Lorimer-Myrtle. If they have one up for next weekend already, I doubt there is one this weekend.

Archived