vacation and sick time

Nogimmicks

it's much better then MTA bus you get one Week there I think TA in one year you get 2weeks then it's 4 weeks the sick days I don't know the rest maybe someone else can help you out.

Isn't it a two week vacation if you didn't have a vacation your whole first year?

For example:

If you didn't start working for the MTA before December 1 threshold of 2008, for the entire year of 2009 you will not get a vacation. In 2010 you would be eligable for 2 weeks vacation time. I don't know when exactly the threshold is.

Vacation time works like this. If you start jan 1st 2008, you are elligible for 2 weeks vacation after one year (jan 1st, 2009). After 5 years on the job, you get 4 weeks. After 15 years, you get five (not 100% sure about the 15 years).

Chris Frusci

Vacation time works like this. If you start jan 1st 2008, you are elligible for 2 weeks vacation after one year (jan 1st, 2009). After 5 years on the job, you get 4 weeks. After 15 years, you get five (not 100% sure about the 15 years).

Chris Frusci

Yes, except those 2 weeks are more like 10 days, since they don't pay for RDOs while on vacation, IIRC. I started in March of 06 and had 9 days. 1 day gained per 1 month worked.

As for the original poster, you can get the vacation in weeks, days, or paid. My 9 days I go paid (check not bad). For the 2 weeks I gained in 2007 for 2008, I took 1 in weeks, and the other I will be paid for at the end of the year.

Yes, except those 2 weeks are more like 10 days, since they don't pay for RDOs while on vacation, IIRC. I started in March of 06 and had 9 days. 1 day gained per 1 month worked.

As for the original poster, you can get the vacation in weeks, days, or paid. My 9 days I go paid (check not bad). For the 2 weeks I gained in 2007 for 2008, I took 1 in weeks, and the other I will be paid for at the end of the year.

Can you carry over sick and vacation time?

Archived