R160s no longer on the R

Railfaner100

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

They're still on the (R). Saw at least 3 sets earlier today when I was with my girlfriend

Do you think that's just a weekend thing, because of less cars needed? I saw two myself. I also got on an (E) with new announcements and FIND. It said Downtown (F) at Briarwood and Brooklyn-bound (C) at 50th St. New buses were added too, I think.

If this is a serious question, it was explained by Bill in several previous posts.

No matter how many times I explain it, some just don't get it. Never will.

If the R needs a train and it's crunch time and an R46 isn't available, then an R160 gets sent out.

If the F needs a train and it's crunch time and an R160 isn't available, then an R46 gets sent out.

I guess there is a new sport in Queens: policing R46's on the R and R160's on the F. Any diversion means a federal investigation is warranted. Or the very least a call to MTA's Inspector General?

An occasional R46 on the F and an occasional R160 on the R should not be something that should raise eyebrows and warrant a needless post over on this board. But foamers thrive here.

You guys listen to bill. He's on a roll here!

Thanks my trip to Luna Park @ coney island , I've learned to appreciate the R160s on the (F) now. It's time for R46s to go to the underrated lines like the (G) and (R) and the brooklyn portion of the (A). The R160s are the best thing for the (F) now since the rides are smoother , it attracts Wi-Fi(or WLAN connection) when elevated(that helped me go on the internet on my PSP for a few) and overall , the HVAC feels sooooo good when you just came form a very hot place outside. The R46s are losing their touch and they are just not the same from before 2008. So the MTA is doing us a favor by making the (F) R160s only. It will make the frequency better , It will make people more welcome (especially during the summer with it's HVAC) and the 2nd longest and one of the most crowded lines needs the best it can get.

The (F) will ALWAYS be #1 to me! R46 or not! ^_^

well there must be SOMETHING that got me connection. Maybe it was because someone else had his PSP out on the train too. IDK:confused:

Maybe passing stores had Wi-Fi, and you were able to get a connection. Subway cars do not have Wi-Fi.

Maybe passing stores had Wi-Fi, and you were able to get a connection. Subway cars do not have Wi-Fi.

your right. I did pass a bunch of hotels along the EL and someone did have their laptop out next to me. What WAS I thinking when I wrote that the train had wi-fi.

Oh yeah.. I was thinking about the three lovely girls I met @ luna park today.

Pardon my french but... SOMEONE got flashed big time today.

Yeah but how long would the connection last for if the train is moving 30 M.P.H.?

Don't think you know everything. I have plenty of photos of R46 F trains, but I only took maybe 20 with my new camera. Don't jump to conclusions.

Sure it was to answer Bill, but this goes to anyone in general. If you really want something go out and take it now while it's still there.

No matter how many times I explain it, some just don't get it. Never will.

If the R needs a train and it's crunch time and an R46 isn't available, then an R160 gets sent out.

If the F needs a train and it's crunch time and an R160 isn't available, then an R46 gets sent out.

I guess there is a new sport in Queens: policing R46's on the R and R160's on the F. Any diversion means a federal investigation is warranted. Or the very least a call to MTA's Inspector General?

An occasional R46 on the F and an occasional R160 on the R should not be something that should raise eyebrows and warrant a needless post over on this board. But foamers thrive here.

The foamers will always go crazy over something relatively uneventful. Failing that, they'll make something up.

The foamers will always go crazy over something relatively uneventful. Failing that, they'll make something up.

We went over the same thing a hundred times with the same folks about the R-68As which occasionally appeared N. Every time it was another federal case over a complete non-event. Ironically, they are now commonplace there again.

It's an expression. I meant to say those girls showed me their chi-chis. I just didn't want to say straight up for the sake of being appropriate in this thread.

It was a joke, guy...

"Chi chis"? How old are you...

But let's get back on closing this topic...

*I think the entire Queens Blvd Exp(the (E) and (F) trains) should stay R160s only since those subway cars can handle massive crowds , travel at a AWESOMELY fast speed , needed for the express runs and They are compatible with ALL of the lines on the IND/BMT. I know this will never happen most likely but (E) or (F) trains might have a G.O. where they they get re-routed over the (J)/(Z) lines. If the (E)(F) is 100% R160 together , both or either trains could possibly complete that G.O. with out a R46 (F) outta place. Let's face it R46s on the Queens Blvd Express don't run like they use to. It's a sad fact , but it's true. Oh yeah , the HVAC feels soooo good during the summer and the FINDS will highlight previous and future stops on those lines which is always helpful for newbies on the Queens Blvd Express. Plus , on the 8th ave line , (E) trains will look so advanced and more appealing compared to the (A)(C). And (F)(M) will probably increase ridership on the 6th ave local. What am I saying... people HATE the (M). But you get my point.

*The (R) should be R46s only since it's all local and very underrated. The R46s are currently losing their service quality and a line like the (R) is a perfect place for subway cars losing their touch. It has low ridership , low frequency and it's like an extended (G) train to me at least. Their is NO need for the ®ipoff train to run the fine R160. The MTA wasted their time putting them on the (R) in the first place.

*You all know the (G)arbage train is stuck with R46s until they retire

*and last but not least , the (M) has no choice but be R160s only since most of the other 60 foot subway cars are retired and (M) can only run 60 foot cars because of the platform length at it's brooklyn and Ridgewood stations. and the cut between Broadway-Lafayette and essex streets

Hope this helps...

BYE!

Archived