Which kind of camera do you use?

error46146

Which kind of camera do you use?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of camera do you use?

I want more optical zoom, but otherwise the camera I own is my dream!!!

Canon PowerShot SD700 IS

6.0 Megapixels

4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

4x Digital Zoom

Loads of features:

ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, AUTO, HI

Color Swap (a favorite, I use this feature to make zombie faces and discolored clothing)

Fireworks (1.6 second exposure for low light)

Foliage, Night Portrait, Portrait, Beach, Underwater, Snow, Cloudy, Daylight

long-exposure up to 15 seconds for extra dark subjects, such as a moonless night sky

Auto Flash, Auto Red-eye Reduction, Image Stabilization, Autofocus Beam, Slow Synchro

Rechargeable battery (this is good because my old cameras ate AAA battery power like guzzle guzzle!)

AVI audio/video in various sizes (640x480, 320x240) and frames (60, 30, 15fps)

Self timer

Macro

Viewfinder

I Love This Thing!

POWERSHOT_SD700IS_1_L.JPG

POWERSHOT_SD700IS_2_L.JPG

Retail price on Amazon was around $700!!!!!!!

but I found used ones there for $50

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, for the last few weeks I've been going back and forth about which camera I should by. Starting this new site (TrainZone.net) I'm going to seriously need to upgrade from the iphone and advance film P&S cam that I have.

So after weeks of research, I've decided to buy the Nikon D90!

This thing is amazing! I'm not going to go into the specifics of the cam right now, because google is your friend, and a click away (if you want to know anything about it) However, that's the cam for me. I'm buying it in Jan.2010...cant wait.

Also, any D90 owners, chime in on how you like your cam, I would love to hear from the horses mouth.

Thanks guys!

Cion Jones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I use an Olympus E-420. The worlds smallest digital SLR. It has a ton of advanced features, including a Dust Reduction System, which produces spot-free photos with the exclusive Supersonic Wave Filter™. The patented ultrasonic technology vibrates to remove dust and other particles from the front of the image sensor and captures it on a special adhesive membrane every time the camera is turned on.

More info on it can be found here: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1372

olympus_e-420.jpg

I love this camera!

Archived