Newark Light Rail Service Temporarily Suspended Broad St and Washington Park Stations

Pablo M 201

Due to earlier building collapse, Newark Light Rail trains are unable to access Broad Street and Washington Park stations until further notice. Service is operating from Riverfront Stadium and Atlantic Street stations. NJT bus service detoured in area.

All light rail trains to/from Broad Street will begin and end their trips at Riverfront Stadium Station until further notice. Customers should allow extra time.

For Washington Park Station, customers should use Atlantic Street Station, located one block east of Washington Park, or use NJ TRANSIT bus service along Broad Street to access Military Park Station. Customers should allow extra time.

Bus routes No. 71, 72, 73, 76, 78, and 108 are operating on a detour around the scene. Beginning at Broad Street and University Avenue, buses are turning left on Broad Street, right on Washington Place, right on Washington Street, left on James Street and left on University Avenue, followed by the regular route thereafter.

http://www.njtransit.com

What type of building was it? Must have been ancient!

Not much details on what building it was in the news. I'm still trying to figure out which building it was that collapsed. I should probably head over to that area next time I'm in Newark.

Archived