R62As on Rockaway Branch?

Hello all. First post.

Yesterday afternoon while on a glorious ride to the Rockaways, we were passing the sidings approaching Broad Channel. Of course standing by on the NB track was an R46 based Rock Park Shuttle. On the SB track was something smaller, and I kept seeing this preponderance of (3) meatballs. Sure enough there was a full train of R62A's. There was a TO on the train with me, and he couldn't explain it.

Does anyone know what the heck this train was doing out in Rockaway? Did it get lost? Another photo op ((NYCT) Employees you know what I am talking about)? Did Tony Scott figure out how to get from 7th Avenue to Rockaway and Coney Island?

A strange sight indeed. If someone knows, please tell us.

(A)(N)(D)(1)

Hello all. First post.

Yesterday afternoon while on a glorious ride to the Rockaways, we were passing the sidings approaching Broad Channel. Of course standing by on the NB track was an R46 based Rock Park Shuttle. On the SB track was something smaller, and I kept seeing this preponderance of (3) meatballs. Sure enough there was a full train of R62A's. There was a TO on the train with me, and he couldn't explain it.

Does anyone know what the heck this train was doing out in Rockaway? Did it get lost? Another photo op ((NYCT) Employees you know what I am talking about)? Did Tony Scott figure out how to get from 7th Avenue to Rockaway and Coney Island?

A strange sight indeed. If someone knows, please tell us.

(A)(N)(D)(1)

Acceleration and emergency brake (stopping distance) testing.

Any model can show up there from time to time.

Archived