Something worth Seeing!!!

Novabus 5000

So I went out to Pennsylvannia to a waterpark yesterday (July,3,2010) and as they we getting for the fireworks show, something marvelous showed up. A fire truck that is nothing like what we have in New York. I got pics and since the fire fighters were nice enough, the let me get interiors pics. Anyways, to the pics:

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

And the interior:

IMG_3383.jpg

And for those of you who do not know how I look:

IMG_3382.jpg

And the other equipment that was there:

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!!!!!!!

Thats a Mack RD688sx Strong truck, good engine just the interior sucks. Good pics. That Mack is very clean.

Thanks.

I wonder what kind of tranny they use in that truck? Cool pics Novabus, that 3rd to the last pic looks like a drakes cake step van. No tower ladders in that fire dept. What do they use that Chevy pickup for?

I think that pickup belongs to the police. And BTW, thanks.

I wonder what kind of tranny they use in that truck? Cool pics Novabus, that 3rd to the last pic looks like a drakes cake step van. No tower ladders in that fire dept. What do they use that Chevy pickup for?

Probably an Allision automatic 6 speed. Its not a tandem so I think thats what it might be. Mack makes their own manual transmissions wich I personally do not like. I don't think they make an automatic.

A year or so ago, I saw I guess an 80s model NYC firetruck outside the Flatbush depot, but then I forgot my camera or the batteries were dead and I didn't get a shot of it. I came back to the very spot the next day, but the truck was gone. I was so pissed that I was unprepared for that moment.

Then on I vowed to never leave the house without at least a full battery in the camera.

Archived