What's the difference?

4 Train

Today I was on the (N) and I was on the R160B set. While I was on the train, I noticed that there were R68 still operating. I realize that the R68 is a 75 footer. (Correct me if Im wrong). I was thinking that the (A) have the R44 which is also a 75 footer. So does that mean that the (A) is getting the R160 soon, or are they still planning to get the "R179" model. It just doesn't make since to me.

Today I was on the (N) and I was on the R160B set. While I was on the train, I noticed that there were R68 still operating. I realize that the R68 is a 75 footer. (Correct me if Im wrong). I was thinking that the (A) have the R44 which is also a 75 footer. So does that mean that the (A) is getting the R160 soon, or are they still planning to get the "R179" model. It just doesn't make since to me.

Same here, I haven't gotten on an R160 all week except once on Tuesday.

The R44, R46 and R68 are all 75-foot trains. The (A) isn't getting R160s however because there are clearance and electrical problems out in the Rockaways.

The R160 model is only replacing the entire R32 through R42 fleet (some will be left over if the (MTA) doesn't purchase all of option 2). Don't think anything of the R179 except that it will replace at least the R44 and that it is the next order of trains coming. It is still in the design stage.

Archived