Which weather you hate more? Blizzards or Heat Waves?

Shortline Bus

Heat. Hands down!

Wow I can't believe I'm the only one that actually likes Heat Waves so far.

Looks to be that way! Lol.

A heat wave is far worse then a blizzard. What are the poll results so far? 99% to 1%?

more like 99.96% to .04%

Lol! You would have to come along and jack up my statistics!!:P

But I'm dead seriouse, I HATE winter, winter time effects my car, my attitude and my wallet. You eat more, you move more slowly. I cannot stand waking up, looking at ch11 and on the bottom of the screen moving right to left "Linda Churches weather 12' going up to 14' " Nah I'll take this heat and love as much as I can milk it for whats its worth.

I would like to know how Pheonix AZ and other Hot climate places deal with the heat ?
Very carefully. Seriously. The more acclimated one becomes, the easier it gets. On the flip side, one starts to feel cool - at 70 degrees.

That said:

*Air Conditioning (small downside: Air conditioning is a must and is kind of like heating oil in New York. As such electric bills can average $200 - $300 during the peak months of July and August and $100 - $200 during June and September)

*Water (we drink plenty of it. Sugar, milk, and caffeine can do weird things to you - especially if you work outdoors)

*Heat advisories: When the temperatures are forcast to reach a certain high, Maricopa County issues a heat advisory over the radio.

*Stay inside (as weird as it may sound, during the summer, Arizona has one of the better records of accidents involving little ones. It simply is generally too bright and hot to be outside playing)

*Use of small things (such as using window shades in your car when it's parked, taking it slower outside in the afternoons, doing more activities at night)

*Taking a short cool shower (especially refreshing when you've just gotten home)

And last and least. look forward to October.

Because of the heat and sun, Arizona (especially Southern Arizona) tries to balance the "two evils". School typically starts in mid August here so the 180 day year can finish around Memorial Day. Also, P.E. and recess tends to be indoors August and May.

I like heatwaves better. You don't have to worry about wearing 9000 layers to protect you from the freezing weather or your hands getting numb. Also, you don't have to worry about shoveling snow (GC can agree with this one). Also, I can take the heat better than the cold.

I am very suprised by the results. Anyhow like LRG, i also hate both blizzards/brutal cold and heat myself. However in lesser of 2 evils, i pick the brutal 100 degree plus heat is the weather I hate the most:.

There little other than dressing naked(i do it in my apartment don't worry lol :P )you can be in shorts and still feel like crap. While in cold even below zero temps or 1-foot of snow for instance during or right after a blizzard you can dress in layers.

Give me 70-75 degree weather anytime(very few places have it year round)over heat or extreme cold or snow any day though.

I hate both!!!!!!!!! They take up too much energy! But I would choose to live with the heat because (agreeing with what Patcoman said) I don't have to wear layers of clothes that are heavier than myself. Plus all the hot neighborhood girls are fun to watch. But since the house I crash in has no a/c at the moment, I would wish it was snowing. The fans i use, which are of no use, basically circulate hot air in my 97-degree bedroom (i used a thermometer, no joke)!!! But at least I can transitfan in a heatwave without having to worry about the ENTIRE TRANSIT SYSTEM being shut down!

I hate heat waves more than I hate blizzards. I hate waking up in the the morning to find my neck and back drenched in sweat! In a blizzard you can get nice and cozy under your sheets and drink a nice cup of hot chocolate. Its also a great time to capture the city as its covered in snow.

I hate both!!!!!!!!! They take up too much energy! But I would choose to live with the heat because (agreeing with what Patcoman said) I don't have to wear layers of clothes that are heavier than myself. Plus all the hot neighborhood girls are fun to watch. But since the house I crash in has no a/c at the moment, I would wish it was snowing. The fans i use, which are of no use, basically circulate hot air in my 97-degree bedroom (i used a thermometer, no joke)!!! But at least I can transitfan in a heatwave without having to worry about the ENTIRE TRANSIT SYSTEM being shut down!

You just gotta worry about track fires and a blackout while you're on the train.

I hate this heat wave shit. I'm getting sick of sweating my balls off.

Eaxctly myself hate heat waves cause when i turn my a/c off in the morining it takes less then a half hour before i gotta turn it back on.then when on my way to work just walking outside for a few mins its feels like you were walking for hours.ill stick with my winter.

what I'll never understand is that, I produce far more sweat just sitting down in a hot room... than I do, going for a walk, on a hot day....

anyway, my answer to this question is: Heat Waves.

it's more for health reasons, though....

Sleeping with a fan on almost everyday since, during my early teenage years, I think I "programmed" my body to be highly favorable to the cold.... nothing like going for a walk in freezing weather (plus there's less people out).... I don't remember the last time I owned a "winter jacket".... hell, I've been known to shovel snow in a short sleeve shirt, a pair of windbreakers & no hat on...

I cannot comfortably sleep without some type of fan or a/c on.... last time I did for any period of time, was during that blackout back in '03... just imagine not being able to see anything for a prolonged length of time upon waking up.... imagine having to "feel" your way to the shower to run cold water on your person, just to feel like you're not on the verge of possibly dying....

it was either that, or having to feel my way to the telephone to dial 911.... luckily for me, it was heat exhaustion, as opposed to a heat stroke.... but I still have to be wary/cautious of it happening in the future....

little something called paranoia, I suppose.

Archived