What Is Your Favorite PBL company and your favorite model from that company

Novabus 5000

The division of Liberty Lines still in existence (Transit Division/aka Bee-Line). My favorite buses was the MAN artics, after they got the treatment. A/C put on top, and new stronger engine. The Flexibles only 875-879 ruled also. Now the Bee-line 600-700 series O5 rules, along with their Neoplan AN460 artics. I love Cummins engine sounds. The DD60 in the artics rule also.

Green Lines and my favorite model was the MCI Classic followed by the GMC RTSs (especially the 96" ones)

Triboro- GMC RTSs and the TMC CNG RTSs. Sometimes you would feel like the bus was going to tip over!

DOB2RTO: I REALLY miss those Bee- Line Flxibles. That 6v92+ the Voith= a great sound! I think there are too many Orions for Bee-Line now.

What Is Your Favorite PBL company and your favorite model from that company?:rolleyes:

i liked triboro the best and its Orion 5's with the nice soft chairs on the Q38 were just Excellent

now heaven knows where they are, most likely reefed in the ocean or something...

i liked triboro the best and its Orion 5's with the nice soft chairs on the Q38 were just Excellent

now heaven knows where they are, most likely reefed in the ocean or something...

Those buses are still in service and can be found on all Spring Creek express routes and all College Point Local and Express routes.

Here a photo of one of those buses on the BM2.

zlro01.jpg

Don't forget the multicolored panels, and bad shocks/air belows (leaning to one side).

Don't forget the multicolored panels, and bad shocks/air belows (leaning to one side).

I never knew the Orion Vs to have that problem. The only problem I've ever had on a TCC Orion was a bad farebox on 3014 which resulted in a free ride from Victor Moore to Rockaway Park.

I never knew the Orion Vs to have that problem. The only problem I've ever had on a TCC Orion was a bad farebox on 3014 which resulted in a free ride from Victor Moore to Rockaway Park.

I have some more Triboro Orion 5 defects:

3000 had a messed up side sign (HILLS Q38 FOREST)

3001 had the wrong sign mask on the front of the bus so you could not read the whole front sign

3012 had a weird symbol on the rear sign which looked like "L30" or something like that

3018 had no cord in the rear of the bus

3023 had a broken bell

3057 had all of its signs broken

IIRC, there was one with a broken window but I forgot the number.

Archived