Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nycbusfan

13 years ago today

13 years ago today the Last GMC New Look was removed from service making the bus fleet 100% wheelchair accessible. The photo below is of that bus.

dsc01985io7.jpg

Nice shot! Thoes were my favorite buses before the RTS came along. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.

I drove those busess,and would take an rts or a grumman fxble any dayThose old busess had no power steering and the a/c rarely worked.

Wow, I just took a trip back to '88-89. I remember riding and seeing those buses all over... Excellent Photo!

I forgot what year it was, but the last one I rode was on the B68..Brighton Beach to Church Ave....memories

Oh man. Dude, I remember those so well In Brighton, on the B68. I always had a funny theory as a kid.

'Every Time a bus passes, a (D) Train would pass overhead'. Obviously I was only 5-6 years old then in 89-90, but it made me happy ;)

A remember a time when I saw these buses when I was 3! Man, 13 years later and still remember that day. I thought it would've been something I would forget about.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.