Vintage 1960's "ta" uniform patch question

simmons

I just joined today...great site. Had recalled in the late 1960's the Conductor "ta" sleeve patch had ANOTHER semi-circle patch sewn above it. Don't remember if it said Conductor or Instructor, etc ?? Though no longer in use, how best to locate one for sale? Thanks!

The circular patch just has the standard "ta" in it. I am referring to and looking for a separate vintage patch in matching colors (half circle/cresent shape), that was sewn about 1/2" above the "ta" patch on the sleeve. The semi-circular lettering said either "Conductor or Instructor". Thanks again.

He means this.

I've seen some people around with it, but getting it is no easy task. As the aforementioned poster said, your best bet is ebay.

No, that's not what the OP was taking about... He was talking about a rocker that goes over that patch...

• 2 months later...

The NYCTA original conductor uniform issue (circa 1960's), included two sleeve patches. A rocker/semi-circular patch affixed above the circular "t.a." ensignia patch. This vintage embroidered patch, (now finally located), said "CONDUCTOR", with a blue border, blue lettering and an orange background field, using "t.a." patch color threads. It was sewn on the right sleeve 5/8" above the "t.a." patch, and apparently discontinued within a few years.

Archived