Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Alot of borrowing at Basiley Park

R32 3838

Due to about 4-8 ex-bee-line Orion V's with transmission problems basiley park has been borrowing buses from JFK depot, 5975 was spotted on the Q111 by an MTA worker that I know that works at BP, 3715 is staying at BP, 144 went to LGA and 3715 replaced that Orion, This is what happens when the MTA messes with good buses, they put those old ass allison Transmissions in those ex bee lines, from the 1993 Orions, Now I see why They are dropping like flies, 3680 is also at BP with other OG;s I for got the rest of the numbers, But I think bus fanners should look out, and 3505 has been repainted all white with Blue stripe no black trim and it says NYC bus.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to about 4-8 ex-bee-line Orion V's with transmission problems basiley park has been borrowing buses from JFK depot, 5975 was spotted on the Q111 by an MTA worker that I know that works at BP, 3715 is staying at BP, 144 went to LGA and 3715 replaced that Orion, This is what happens when the MTA messes with good buses, they put those old ass allison Transmissions in those ex bee lines, from the 1993 Orions, Now I see why They are dropping like flies, 3680 is also at BP with other OG;s I for got the rest of the numbers, But I think bus fanners should look out, and 3505 has been repainted all white with Blue stripe no black trim and it says NYC bus.

But is 3505 still at Baisley Park (mislabeled)?

To anyone who bet me that these buses could make it beyond a year in MTA territory: I accept cash, certified cheques and money orders only. Travelers cheques are also acceptable.

Thoses buses will not survive....soon you will see one by one going into the graveyard site.

Bp is in the gutter , they have 102 buses they are crap , b.s bus depot lol they need to shut down thats all i gotta say .

Bp is in the gutter , they have 102 buses they are crap , b.s bus depot lol they need to shut down thats all i gotta say .

However, those 90 local buses get a beating daily. The garage only has four local routes, but the Q111/113 route is an extremely heavy-use route and the streets on the southern end of the Q113 are not exactly smooth.

Thoses buses will not survive....soon you will see one by one going into the graveyard site.

They were going to the graveyard from Bee-Line...

The worst depots with less buses are BP and FR

The worst depot with the most most bus shortages was College Point, this is why they are running the Ex-Jackie Gleason Orion V CNGs. How is FR even short in buses?

They were going to the graveyard from Bee-Line...

The worst depot with the most most bus shortages was College Point, this is why they are running the Ex-Jackie Gleason Orion V CNGs. How is FR even short in buses?

FR is 40 Hybrids for LCL service and 33 MCIs for Express. Is that short for total buses??

Lets see 135 has No power at all!!! borderline dead. 142 O/S accident rear end. 144 just transfered from BP has Transmission problems!!!!! and LGA has NO replacements.

Well then RTS' will have to be bought out of storage to replace them.

Based on all the service cutbacks, I'm sure plenty are available as replacements.

Queens roads are in horrible shape, sunken manholes everywhere as well as poor streets in general. It takes a toll on all buses.

LGA Q18 note: sinkhole recently filled in at Perry Ave./Hamilton Pl. Another one has surfaced right next to the original repair. Some vehicle is going to be swallowed up!

Lets see 135 has No power at all!!! borderline dead. 142 O/S accident rear end. 144 just transfered from BP has Transmission problems!!!!! and LGA has NO replacements.

Lol haha , why would mta bus c.o even think of taking those ex bee lines ,

The worst depots with less buses are BP and FR

You forgot some more , its bp 101 & 10 mcis , fr has 1 1997 OBI Orion 05.501 & 32 mcis & 41 hybrids witch is 74 buses , eastchester 127 , yonkers 84 all express , spring creek is aight , 100th street depot has only 144 buses thats notthing , cp depot is alright the cngs just shut out a bit but they are good , ask kr he knows . and the rest jfk and lga are holding up good now .

However, those 90 local buses get a beating daily. The garage only has four local routes, but the Q111/113 route is an extremely heavy-use route and the streets on the southern end of the Q113 are not exactly smooth.

Yea true

Well then RTS' will have to be bought out of storage to replace them.

Based on all the service cutbacks, I'm sure plenty are available as replacements.

Queens roads are in horrible shape, sunken manholes everywhere as well as poor streets in general. It takes a toll on all buses.

LGA Q18 note: sinkhole recently filled in at Perry Ave./Hamilton Pl. Another one has surfaced right next to the original repair. Some vehicle is going to be swallowed up!

They would never put rts novas back there , bp needs to like move to another location , they are a small depot right inback of a local gas station like lolll comeon man , they should move and rebuild and get more buses and get better matenience workers !!!!

Lol haha , why would mta bus c.o even think of taking those ex bee lines ,

You forgot some more , its bp 101 & 10 mcis , fr has 1 1997 OBI Orion 05.501 & 32 mcis & 41 hybrids witch is 74 buses , eastchester 127 , yonkers 84 all express , spring creek is aight , 100th street depot has only 144 buses thats notthing , cp depot is alright the cngs just shut out a bit but they are good , ask kr he knows . and the rest jfk and lga are holding up good now .

Yea true

They would never put rts novas back there , bp needs to like move to another location , they are a small depot right inback of a local gas station like lolll comeon man , they should move and rebuild and get more buses and get better matenience workers !!!!

Moving to a new location costs money.......which MTA does not have.

Don't give me the better maintance worker crap...........the bosses wants the buses to move in and out ASAP so there will be enough buses to cover the peak periods. If the bosses would allow the men to repair the buses properly we would not be in this predictament.

Moving to a new location costs money.......which MTA does not have.

Don't give me the better maintance worker crap...........the bosses wants the buses to move in and out ASAP so there will be enough buses to cover the peak periods. If the bosses would allow the men to repair the buses properly we would not be in this predictament.

Well then they should fix up the building & excally

Well then they should fix up the building & excally

Well I did hear that the 1000-series New Flyers that are in storage will be heading to Queens sometime in the near future. The Q113 could really use them, although knowing the MTA they'll replace every 3 40' bus with 2 artics.

Well I did hear that the 1000-series New Flyers that are in storage will be heading to Queens sometime in the near future. The Q113 could really use them, although knowing the MTA they'll replace every 3 40' bus with 2 artics.

Oh lol thats cool

Yes the MTA need to start moving some of those RTS out storage.....

When the CNG NG's come in if JG is the first to get them....then start shuffling the C40LF's to CP and WF....Displace all desels outside of Artics at WF's to go where needed.

I knew this was going to happen BP Does not have Shitty matainace at all or Anything BP is the Best Queens Depot

The mta always gave hamny down buses there that's why its that way.

Don't forget, 3568 was on the (Q113)

I knew this was going to happen BP Does not have Shitty matainace at all or Anything BP is the Best Queens Depot

The mta always gave hamny down buses there that's why its that way.

Alright then fine they dont have such bad mateneince workers but it isnt the best depot in queens , they arent doing anything ,the best depot out of queens is lga i have to admit that . bp barley has any buses only 101 . they used to be on the ball game but now its down .

Yes the MTA need to start moving some of those RTS out storage.....

When the CNG NG's come in if JG is the first to get them....then start shuffling the C40LF's to CP and WF....Displace all desels outside of Artics at WF's to go where needed.

Imagine cp with c40lfs , i cant imagine that its just out of place lol

Alright then fine they dont have such bad mateneince workers but it isnt the best depot in queens , they arent doing anything ,the best depot out of queens is lga i have to admit that . bp barley has any buses only 101 . they used to be on the ball game but now its down .

You're kidding, right?

LaGuardia is the WORST depot in all of Queens! Are you forgetting that their CNG facility went literally smoking back in 2006 and they took it away?

Add ex-bee line 181 to that list. It was towed away early this evening

If the MTA didn't scrap too many buses we wouldn't be in this predicament. Great, just great, I bet those at Bee-Line are laughing their heads off because the Orion 5s they shipped off is now someone else's problem and not theirs. Woo-hoo!!!

Archived