Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Metrocards on the ground etc..

Abba

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

A 30 day unlimited with a week & a half left on it

...good times :cool:

To quote Charlie Brown: "I got a rock" :P

The largest amount I recall getting is $0.50 when I picked up a MetroCard. However, the small change left on the MetroCards does add up, so I guess between the MetroCards I picked up and the MetroCards I had with small amounts of change, I got a few free rides out of them.

Found a fresh 30-day Unlimited with the whole month remaining....I only however got 10days into using it before I saw "Please See Agent" at the turnstyle....

And what happenend?What did the agent say?

And what happenend?What did the agent say?

Please i know what happened the original owner payed with a CC so it was insured.....

I didnt take it to an agent....My main card is a PPR card that I tucked away in my wallet....so when "see agent" popped up I threw the Unlimited away and went back to using my PPR....

Oh well it was good while it lasted...

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm surprised that people actually pick up metro cards from the ground. I usually just assume that people ran out of money and just tossed it on the ground. I'd still never pick a metro card up off the ground, it just seems a little, well, yeah... :P

I remember reading an article about finding MetroCards on the ground. It said that, in general, you'll find more money on the MetroCard if you are at a place far from transit-for example, if you find a MetroCard on the Brooklyn Bridge, that most likely means that a person dropped it while jogging or a tourist dropped it as they were reaching for their camera.

Plus, there is always a chance that a person swiped, saw that the reader said "Insufficient Fare" and threw it away, when it had some money left on it (for example, $1.50, or any other amount less than $2.25) because they didn't knoe that they could combine MetroCards.

Archived