8th Street HBLR station

By the way, is it supposed to have a Park-and-Ride, and would it be possible that the S89 would be rerouted there instead of 34th Street?

No Park & Ride unless they use that land thats next to the Rite Aid across Avenue C from the train station.

And yes, the S89 is suppose to be rerouted to the West 8th Street station when it opens. There's an exit coming off the bridge that is only going to require one or two turns and go down about a block or two.

No Park & Ride unless they use that land thats next to the Rite Aid across Avenue C from the train station.

And yes, the S89 is suppose to be rerouted to the West 8th Street station when it opens. There's an exit coming off the bridge that is only going to require one or two turns and go down about a block or two.

According to what I saw in the plans, the station is going to be built with a provision to extend the line into S.I. via the Bayone Bridge

According to what I saw in the plans, the station is going to be built with a provision to extend the line into S.I. via the Bayone Bridge

Yup. You can see the tail tracks that are facing towards the Bayonne Bridge.

They can build the extension onto the current bridge or wait for the new bridge to be built (not going to see that anytime soon)....

Archived