R68s On The (N) Question

There is practically no difference between an R68 and an R68A so I don't really see why you want to differentiate between them.

rolls sign,and interior.ive noticed it my self.also the full width cab doors operate differently.although,i do like the R68's interior,it seems better then what ive ridden on the R68A's

There really is nothing straight of the bat different about both of them unless you look really closely. By the way, the R68s have a thicker rubber outing on the windows than the R68As and the R68As have a metal cover on the windows. That's how I tell the difference.

There really is nothing straight of the bat different about both of them unless you look really closely. By the way, the R68s have a thicker rubber outing on the windows than the R68As and the R68As have a metal cover on the windows. That's how I tell the difference.

I see difference. The rubber outline, or lack of, on the window, where the window opens...that line is thicker or thinner depending on the train, the windows that display the letter and destination also look pretty different...the trains even sound different (one hisses louder and make some sort of airplane noise while running). ...I can definately tell. Don't know why I'm tuned to such random little things.

There should be a good amount for anyone to catch so it won't be hard catching an R68A on the (N).Go out there and enjoy the classic of 68/A's on the (N).

Just my luck, I'm always getting the new train.. :cry: My old "school bus" doesn't like me anymore.

The easiest way to tell the difference:

All you gotta do is remember that

(1) Westinghouse = 68 (<note that Westinghouse is there for a reason)

(2) Kawasaki = 68A

Then look inside the car at the builders plate

If you see the word for variable 1, it's a 68. The word for Variable 2, 68A.

:P

The (N) is mostly 87% R160s and R68As are 13%.

That could explain why I'm always getting new train, new train, new train.. @.@ ...I guess one is lucky to get the (N) Original.. but some "lucky" folks do complain and say they want new train. Dude the new trains already taken over, no more please.

But then that brings the question, what happened to all the older trains that was on the (Q), and originally the (N)...?

The (:P is currently using all of Coney Island's R68s with a nice amount of R68A's as well. The (N) is utilizing whatever R68A's the (:P isn't using. So to answer your question, there are no R68s on the (N) at the moment. But give it some time, I'm sure it will eventually surface again..

Is there any R68s (Not R68As) on the (N) Line? If there is how many sets do they usually run? I wanna get an R68 (N) Set for video purposes

On a serious note, Daniel: The JoeKorner reports there are 0 R68s on the (N) and 48 R68As (as of June 27th). In the afternoon, the (N) has 0 R68s and 32 R68As.

The JoeKorner reports the (:P has both, however: 104 R68s and 112 R68As. In the afternoon, the (:P has 88 R68s and 104 R68As.

Link to June 27th Sheet: http://www.thejoekorner,com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2010-06-27.html

Check out the (:P Train, youll see all of your R68/R68A friends over there.:cool:

I never rode the (B) and have obsolutely no need to, xD. Its simply the train I never see and have no business with. Same goes for (D).

I sometimes use the Broadway lines since they go to a lot of major places I tend to go to, so it does make me sad they are making the whole thing new. The Broadway trains (N)(W) also have a lot of nostalgia for me since they were my school trains. I already use new trains on my home train routes (L)(M)(J), so I just see monotony. :P

ah, I remember the good ol' days of when the L ran R42s & R40 Slants. :P

Now THOSE were the days!

The last time I rode a SMEE on the (L) was an R42 back in September 2007 on my way to school.

ah, I remember the good ol' days of when the L ran R42s & R40 Slants. B)

Now THOSE were the days!

The last time I rode a SMEE on the (L) was an R42 back in September 2007 on my way to school.

I don't remember the slanted trains on the (L). The (L) is my lifeline, my unbilical cord to...all of NY and the world, so I take it pretty much everyday. Oddly enough its one of the few trains I actually associated with "new" (I'm 23 yrs now). The last time I rode an original (L) was the end of middle school. My image of old (L) is very hazy... The new style is very fitting for it...thats just how I saw it since I was 13 and started riding trains. The same goes for (M) but not for (J)...I still associate (J) with the (my) original image of (J).

I don't remember the slanted trains on the (L). The (L) is my lifeline, my unbilical cord to...all of NY and the world, so I take it pretty much everyday. Oddly enough its one of the few trains I actually associated with "new" (I'm 23 yrs now). The last time I rode an original (L) was the end of middle school. My image of old (L) is very hazy... The new style is very fitting for it...thats just how I saw it since I was 13 and started riding trains. The same goes for (M) but not for (J)...I still associate (J) with the (my) original image of (J).

img_1513.jpg

I've been riding the (L) for about 5 years now, started around 2004-2005.

Archived