Bx25 still Alive.

hoodciti

So the last couple of days I've been around Bedford Pk Blvd. and Allerton and i keep seeing the Bx25 everyday since Thursday I see a bus signed as a (bx25) in both directions . Are drivers paying homage to the route? Or is it some kind of glitch?

?ui=2&ik=c66ecb7b80&view=att&th=129c2edc72306d3f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

So the last couple of days I've been around Bedford Pk Blvd. and Allerton and i keep seeing the Bx25 everyday since Thursday I see a bus signed as a (bx25) in both directions . Are drivers paying homage to the route? Or is it some kind of glitch?

?ui=2&ik=c66ecb7b80&view=att&th=129c2edc72306d3f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

The image isn't showing up.

They might sign it as a Bx25 to reduce confusion, since it is simply a renaming to Bx26, not a full restructuring.

Almost every stop along Allerton Avenue still has Bx25/26 signs.

I'm surprised that they didn't tear out the Bx25 sign at all.

Seems like Gun Hill misses its Bronx 25.

Many signs out there hasn't been replaced anyways, since theres a TON of stops. For example the M10 to Penn Station still exist.

What I dont get is if the (MTA) can change the Bus schedules/maps at the bus stop and add the new Q15A/B, Bx38, etc.. why couldn't they bother replacing the signs..

I think the signs are NYCDOT's responsibility.... the MTA did the schedules and route maps but the DOT need to switch change the actual street signs. I feel like the (Bx26) should have been split the way the (Bx28) and (Bx38) have been during peak periods.

Archived