Greenport

Today I went to check out the Greenport branch with Trevor, heres my photos from today :P

For those curious and worried about the smallish amount of layover time, when we got there, we were able to slowly take some photos around the train, walk to a Deli located a block from the station (theres pizza there too and some seafood place), the deli was busy but we were able to eat our meal then walk back and take more train photos, and we were still able to get back on the train with at least 10-15 min till departure.

The ride is slowish but very scenic, I defenately recommend it! For people in the city, its about $28 round trip from Jamaica, from Hicksville its $25 round trip

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

IMG_5846.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

Enjoy!

Nice! Greenport is beautiful, the layover time isn't all that short, its nearly an hour and a half. The ride is really slow, the speed limit east of KO is no higher than 45. How was ridership?

For those who want to fan the line, remember that weekend service will be gone as of September 13 and a completely revised weekday schedule will take effect. Here is the preliminary schedule, subject to change.

train_schedule.jpg

From EastEndShuttle.org, not sure what those passenger counts are, I think they are estimates.

that timetable still has flaws preventing it from proper service, they need a late evening westbound departure from penn, sort of a backup in case someone misses the 5:41 out of penn

Also did they indicate that in summer the weekend service will be back?

Also did they indicate that in summer the weekend service will be back?

Yes, but I'm not sure what their definition of "summer" is. For the Montauk Branch, its Memorial Day-Labor Day. They might use a different period for Greenport, though.

Archived