Can the (N) be all R160s?? just like the (Q) now.

Calvin

I was wonderin if (N) can be all R160s

cause before June 27, most of the conductors are doin well with R160s but now its 1/2 R160s and R68As.

I was hopin that Jamaica gives 40 R160Bs (9143-9182) for the (N) to move R68As to Pitkin for (A)??

Also, can Coney Island gives 1 R160A-2 set (8653-8662) for (E)??

*This is my opinion

I was wonderin if (N) can be all R160s

cause before June 27, most of the conductors are doin well with R160s but now its 1/2 R160s and R68As.

I was hopin that Jamaica gives 40 R160Bs (9143-9182) for the (N) to move R68As to Pitkin for (A)??

Also, can Coney Island gives 1 R160A-2 set (8653-8662) for (E)??

*This is my opinion

Jamaica gives away 40 cars but gets 10 back. Not going to work.

Guest lance25

1. Why do certain cars have to go to certain yards?
  2. The (N) is half-and-half. That's not changing any time soon. Also, the R68s aren't gonna go to the (A) for any reason as that line is good with the R46s.

Perhaps this can be better.Jamaica gives Pitkin 40 r160's=40cars in exchange for 32 cars=4 R46 sets.But I would love to see Fat asses on the (A) they haul and run smoothly after I've experienced on the re-routed (D) and (B)'s yesterday and a few (D)'s today.Some R160's were supposed to go to Pitkin but they didn't want em which was dumb.

Seriously why would the (N) be fully R160B there are no more R160B cars left and there would be no more extras because Kawasaki stop construction of the cars in early 2010. The chance that they will restart production is very low. Besides the (N) is fine running half and half. Even if they do make new cars I think some of them should make it to the (B) and (D) lines seeing that a majority of the subway lines have had or has new cars.

Before the cuts the (N) was all R160 while the (Q) was half and half. Now it's the opposite. You can't have both lines be all R160 unless you take R160s from the other yards. The (E) and (F) both get more ridership/are generally busier during rush hour than the (N)/(Q) so giving them 75-footers with less doors per train would make things worse. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

It doesn't matter. Why the hell are some people so obsessed with pointless car moves just for the sake of "seeing" a particular rollsign or LED on a particular train car type?

The New York City subway system is not your own personal model railroad layout.

There is nothing "weird" about wanting to learn more about transit, or being interested in it, but there is something DAMN weird about people who can only think about the system, what cars go where, and what they WANT to see because they think one sign looks better than another, or they want to hear automated announcements for a particular route, or they want to see their favorite car numbers assigned to a particular yard.

Trust me, when you guys feel yourself behaving that way, it's time to log off the computer, go outside, and think about something else. Find a pretty girl and see if you can assign her to YOUR yard (do NOT use that as a pickup line though...) and you'll be making progress...

Jamaica doesn't have R68s. Where are you going to get those cars from?

The current (E)(F)(N)(Q) fleet is fine. No point in changing it.

The (E),(N) and (Q) is fine not the (F), I rather the (F) to be half and half, You have an idiot that thinks that an R46 is going to go thru that cut. That was the reason why the (F) is what it is now, This whole general manager thing is very stupid because they have no exprience and if they did you wouldn't have these bullshit car assignments the way they are now.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

...Trust me, when you guys feel yourself behaving that way, it's time to log off the computer, go outside, and think about something else. Find a pretty girl and see if you can assign her to YOUR yard (do NOT use that as a pickup line though...) and you'll be making progress...

LMAO you made me drop my cookie on the floor...I guess some people don't understand that there's more to life than railfanning

The (N) got the 68A's and the (Q) went 100% R160 because the (Q) changes northern terminals during the overnights and weekends (from Ditmars Blvd to 57th St). Rather than having to crank a bunch of rollsigns, it's simply easier to put the older stuff on the (N) where sign changing isn't required.

It doesn't matter. Why the hell are some people so obsessed with pointless car moves just for the sake of "seeing" a particular rollsign or LED on a particular train car type?

The New York City subway system is not your own personal model railroad layout.

There is nothing "weird" about wanting to learn more about transit, or being interested in it, but there is something DAMN weird about people who can only think about the system, what cars go where, and what they WANT to see because they think one sign looks better than another, or they want to hear automated announcements for a particular route, or they want to see their favorite car numbers assigned to a particular yard.

Trust me, when you guys feel yourself behaving that way, it's time to log off the computer, go outside, and think about something else. Find a pretty girl and see if you can assign her to YOUR yard (do NOT use that as a pickup line though...) and you'll be making progress...

lol i agree with you. the last statement is funny and clever :cool:

Archived