The Unlimited Ride MetroCard is No More...

error46146

The unlimited card is a good way to keep people out of their cars and using mass transit instead, since one's mindset is that the ride is free when using an unlimited card. This move is going to push people more towards using their own vehicles to get places, especially when compounded with the thought of all of the newly crowded post-cuts trains and buses.

Maybe some environmental group could help fund the unlimited metrocard instead of running around chasing after whaling boats and whatnot. (I have no belief this will ever happen though)

the MTA the way it is now is only discouraging the use of public transport by raising fares, capping "unlimited" metrocards, cutting service, etc etc etc. Why aren't any environmental groups crying about this?

now if the (MTA) had given the public the choice of either keeping the school pass or the unlimited which would you have fought for? remember if the (MTA) gives you something they are probably taking something else away that you may need more. i see a lot of people here that are too young to remember the token system with no subway to bus transfers and they say it cant work but it did work back then. by doing it that way the (MTA) always had a surplus to hide.

If the unlimited cards are going to have limited amounts of trips, the (MTA) should lower the price of the 30-day card at least.

As stupid as the whole idea of limiting an unlimited is, wouldn't that be defeating the whole purpose of this? Chances are it'll be going up to $100 anyway for an unLimited.

good point. they could also decide to go back to the days when you could not transfer from bus to train for free. i'm sure that would bring in revenue.

Some people, who live around 15 minutes away from a subway stop, would stop riding the convenience of the bus, since they have to pay for it. Instead of that, they would walk.

Seriously, that kid dosen't even know basic english grammer or dosen't make any sense at all when he is speaking. His english is like a dead zombie from the graveyard. I think he needs to go to a mentally retard school to practice the basic grammers of the english language, then rather running his mouth like a retarted robot from the kawasaki company plant.:)

Be quiet, for once!

1. You don't know his situation.

2. Your English is not ideal either (I've emphasized all your mistakes for you).

Hey, never heard of speaking proper english, because i can hardly understand what you write and it's nearly impossible for others to make sense of what your saying. you seriously need to learn proper grammer in english when you are writing sentences, or otherwise don't even bother posting because your english sucks ass.:)

Maybe because English is his second language. Not everyone on this board are native New Yorkers.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. This completely defeats the purpose of an unlimited card. If someone wants to use their metrocard 1,000 times in a month, let them. They paid for an unlimited card and they deserve what it advertises, an unlimited number of rides. The fact that they chose this than adding the surcharge to refilling metrocards pisses me off.

Seriously, that kid dosen't even know basic english grammer or dosen't make any sense at all when he is speaking. His english is like a dead zombie from the graveyard. I think he needs to go to a mentally retard school to practice the basic grammers of the english language, then rather running his mouth like a retarted robot from the kawasaki company plant.:)

No, I am immigrant too and please do not make fun of them. They like myself, come here and want to enjoy life here. I am not good at English too and tell me to go to mentally retard school is what happens on Subchat and this not Subchat.

"Trip" is mostly used on :septa: Convience Pass.

For them, they only have 8-trips for 1-day, Week or Monthly.

I think it is bad idea MTA taking out to 90 trips are bad idea.

There are lots of people like me take lots of bus and subway ride.

There's an unlimited day pass now

They need to stop with all of this, everything.

Stop harrassing the poor!!

I hate MTA because they hate the poor apparently. They only attend to people with big bucks.

:tdown:

like everything else in America...$$$ is everything

Some people, who live around 15 minutes away from a subway stop, would stop riding the convenience of the bus, since they have to pay for it. Instead of that, they would walk.

Be quiet, for once!

2. Your English is not ideal either (I've emphasized all your mistakes for you).[/QUOTE]

Trust me, My english is way better then that stupid jackass so called oriental kid. And besides, i was born in this country unlike him who dosen't even know anything about proper english grammer. He's noting but a pathetic oriental dweeb.:mad:

f**k you MTA. f**k you. So what's basically gonna happen now is that I can only use my MONTHLY UNLIMITED metrocard 90 times!? If you have a month with 30 days, It can only be used THREE TIMES A DAY!? Bullshit. It's not UNLIMITED then. Goddamnit won't someone go to this a**hole Walder and his higher-up cronies and crack 'em on the head. Yeah, sure. Screw the public over just so you can get more money.....How about letting Walder ride the subway for a week and see if he doesn't reverse his changes. A cap on the Metrocard and then they want people TO PAY EXTRA!?

I can't wait to get a car so I have to no longer deal with this Walder-era Subway System

Hey, never heard of speaking proper english, because i can hardly understand what you write and it's nearly impossible for others to make sense of what your saying. you seriously need to learn proper grammer in english when you are writing sentences, or otherwise don't even bother posting because your english sucks ass.:)

Look who's talking about grammar....

Be quiet, for once!

2. Your English is not ideal either (I've emphasized all your mistakes for you).

Trust me, My english is way better then that stupid jackass so called oriental kid. And besides, i was born in this country unlike him who dosen't even know anything about proper english grammer. He's noting but a pathetic oriental dweeb.:mad:

Douchebag.

I am sick and tired of hearing you bash Yuki. For someone who was acting like such a pussy about getting his MetroCard back from your "friend", crying here on the forums about not wanting to confront him, you sure talk a lot of shit about Yuki, acting all tough. This will be your first and final warning, cut that shit out or we will do so for you. Now go read this http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/25/nyregion/25yuki.ready.html and STFU. Thank you.

- Your friendly forum mod.

CAN EVERYONE HERE CALM THE f**k DOWN?!?!?!?!?!?! You guys are acting like babies, Jesus Christ!!! You're taking the Internets WAYYYYYYYYY too seriously, get yourselves a woman and do yourselves justice, you aren't getting paid to post here but if everyone's going to get their panties in a bunch and have the thread take a left turn then take a break from posting.

I suggest we start this whole thread over.

Be quiet, for once!

It's real funny how we have people of many other races living in Jackson Heights that I don't think even know 100% English & BTW you are not using proper grammer yourself. dosen't is spelled doesn't.

It's real funny how we have people of many other races living in Jackson Heights that I don't think even know 100% English & BTW you are not using proper grammer yourself. dosen't is spelled doesn't.

We are giving him too much attention.

We should give the fact that we are about to get screw by MTA more attention. Speaking of attention, do you think MTA say they want to cap unlimited ride for attention from Albany.

If so, it's not a good way to. Albany will just keep ignoring them, at least until the next election.

We should give the fact that we are about to get screw by MTA more attention. Speaking of attention, do you think MTA say they want to cap unlimited ride for attention from Albany.

If they did it for attention from Albany then they made a mistake. Unless someone's getting canned, the toads upstate won't give two shakes of a rat's ***. And even then, that's not a sure fire way to get Albany's attention.

Alright, let recap MTA's pass WTF Moments:

-Rerouteing the (M) to Forest Hills as a (V) replacement.

-Spending a few thousand to cover up signs that say (F)(M)(L).

-Trying to get rid of Student Metrocards

-Raising the single ride fare to $2.50

-R44s on the (C)!!!

-Now this?

At this rate I waiting for the news headline "MTA Sells Company In Legal Battle Of Man Who Chocked On Hot Dog In Subway"

Good times are over....for me as the abroad subway fun

During my NYC visit in 2007 and 2008 I came just to enjoy the Subway. I focused to take pictures of selected stations from inside and outside. I went out and in many times. I used my 7 days unlimited card at least 10 times a day.

As an addition: no more railfun on interesting Canarsie line (due lack of R42) or Astoria line (lack of R40 and R30), no more flying R40s on Brighton, no more original South Ferry station, no more 96th Street local platforms and underpass...

I got an idea, how about, you stop giving your head honchos excessive bonuses like they actually earned it, hell here's a better idea, lay some of them off, and maybe, just maybe you'll make a dent in this 800 million dollar deficit you supposedly have

Archived