Delay on the (7) subway and LIRR

Trainspotter

Delay on the (7) subway and LIRR

Welcome to the working week? Once again the Long Island Rail Road has had a cancellation due to equipment trouble, this time a Monday-morning rush-hour train from to Hunterspoint Avenue.

Over the course of the past week, the railroad has had more than a half-dozen cancellations due to equipment-related problems, though a spokesperson could not confirm an exact number on Monday.

The latest cancellation was the 7:47 a.m. train from Sayville, scheduled to arrive at Hunterspoint at 9:11 a.m.

Passengers instead boarded the 8:08 a.m. train.

The equipment-trouble was described only as being "brake-related." No other details were available.

Rail riders could expect delays as well Monday on the Times Square-bound No. (7) subway train, Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials said those delays were caused by "someone requiring medical assistance" at the 33rd Street-Rawson Street Station.

Those Manhattan-bound (7) trains are running on the local track between the 74th Street-Broadway Station and the Queensboro Plaza Station, while Flushing-bound trains are running on the express track between the Queensboro Plaza Station and the 74th Street-Broadway Station.

Officials have not said how long it will take for service to return to normal Monday.

I took the (7) to school today and yes, all of the trains were running local. Main St. bound (7) trains were going express between Queensboro Plaza and 74th. I remember seeing a (7) train at 33rd Street tht didn't leave the station before we did.

And it's not the line's fault that there are always delays on the line. It's the people that are stupid. They always hold the doors or never eat breakfast, getting sick on the train. Sometimes I want to go into the conductor's cab, start up the PA and shout "EAT SOME FREAKING TOAST!"

I took the (7) to school today and yes, all of the trains were running local. Main St. bound (7) trains were going express between Queensboro Plaza and 74th. I remember seeing a (7) train at 33rd Street tht didn't leave the station before we did.

And it's not the line's fault that there are always delays on the line. It's the people that are stupid. They always hold the doors or never eat breakfast, getting sick on the train. Sometimes I want to go into the conductor's cab, start up the PA and shout "EAT SOME FREAKING TOAST!"

Yup that's true and most of the station dwell time comes from that one guy/gal in every car who decides they're gonna be "just one more" on a packed can of sardines and gets stuck in the door several times, so it takes the T/O 3 minutes to get indication...

wait your turn the next one will come faster the rest of the people won't have to wait so long...next train will be there in a couple mins...

worst station for flock of geese mentality is 53/Lex, couldn't believe that. over christmas, the secondary escalator broke and people had to all use the main bank to get up/down to the station. That means Walk along the platform edge to get around passengers leaving the station to get to your train. Well there's a train coming in behind them (N/B (E)(V)) and most of them don't even think to look, and that's a fast station too under normal circumstances. Meanwhile the folks on Platform duty know better, they're telling everyone step back, etc., but no one's even turning around. NB (V)ictor T/O musta pulled into that station at 10 MPH and rightly so. To this day it's a miracle to me that no one wound up a 12-9 that day. meanwhile on the other end, some lady was giving the Platform guy a hard time because he wouldn't hold an (E)cho for her when she was 2/3 of the way across the platform and yelled for him to hold the door. The C/R had closed down the back and the Platform guy was giving him the flashlight nod yes to close down the front 5, and he did BEFORE she even got to the train. Well i swear, she spent more time trying to prove her point to the platform guy for no reason (and he handled it well, essentially saying "the next one's in two minutes", which of course it was). im convinced that stoopit people cause 95% of delays, and most of the rest is caused by equipment, whether tracks, signals, or trains. there's the occasional slow T/O, but 99.9% of the time if he's operating that slow it's not his fault at all...he's probably staring at a line of reds because one of the 95% did something dumb and done jacked up the railroad again

• 2 weeks later...

Archived