Metrocard Idea

EE Broadway Local

I have an idea for Metrocards, but I'm not sure if it might be good. Why not make Metrocards plastic and place a five year expiration date on them?

Then you can refill them each week or each month (similiar to a prepaid Debit Card) until your expiration date and if the magnetic stripe goes bad, you can call the M.T.A. for a replacement card.

The five year expiration date is based on (some) banks issuing Debit Cards with a five year expiration date. Plastic seems durable. You would swipe the plastic Metrocard just like you swipe a Debit Card.

Front Of Card Back Of Card

(Plastic Card) (Magnetic Stripe)

METROCARD 1234567890

1234567890 If this card is lost, stolen, or becomes unreadable, please call the M.T.A. for replacement

Expires 08/15

Monthly

For my idea for MetroCard.

Upgrade all MetroCard to be upgraded like PATH SmartLink.

You can refill Unlimited Trip, Pay-Per-Ride.

Even we can combine both trip Unlimited and Pay-Per-Ride Trip for PATH/Airtrain (JFK).

MetroCard begins at moment you purchase.

For example, after you use Unlimited MetroCard on Subway or bus, and if you take PATH or AirTrain next, you just fill in how many trips you need on PATH or AirTrain.

Even we can combine both trip Unlimited and Pay-Per-Ride Trip for PATH/Airtrain (JFK).

For example, after you use Unlimited MetroCard on Subway or bus, and if you take PATH or AirTrain next, you just fill in how many trips you need on PATH or AirTrain.

Shut the hell up, you stupid retarted robot from the kawasaki junkyard. Your ideas and opinions make no sense for us to understand and we don't care about your cohernt crooked english, just go back to school and learn how to master the american language, or otherwise don't even bother at all posting.

Shut the hell up, you stupid retarted robot from the kawasaki junkyard. Your ideas and opinions make no sense for us to understand and we don't care about your cohernt crooked english, just go back to school and learn how to master the american language, or otherwise don't even bother at all posting.

We don't need this here. I understand him perfectly.

By the way, your capitalization is terrible, it's spelled "coherent," and there's no such thing as "the American language." It's English -- as you yourself even said. There's a comma splice in there too. You wanna call him out for his "crooked english" and imperfect grammar? Improve your own first.

On topic... OP, they are already plastic. :) I know what you're talking about, though. The only problem with making cards with a credit card form factor is that you'd have to retrofit the turnstiles and MVMs to accept them.

Who died and made you king?

His idea is better than what you suggested. Btw, retarded has one t, not two, and Kawasaki is a proper noun.

Btw, how the hell are you getting at someone when you're from the same country as him? Why don't you go back to the Kawasaki junkyard you came from?

Who died and made you king?

No IND, it's more like (see below his quote)...

....Who died and made you chief cook and bottle washer?

By the way, Miami-Dade Transit has a card like the one the OP described. It is called an EasyCard. Riders have the option of buying a plastic, durable EasyCard for $2 that is good for 3 years (?) or just taking an EasyTicket for free (you still have to load the fares onto them).

At least he is contributing to the thread and not flaming someone about their English while spelling every other word wrong.

I also agree with Yuki's idea about making Metrocards like Smartlink cards. Also, I think bonuses should be discontinued to save the (MTA) some cash.

I have an idea for Metrocards, but I'm not sure if it might be good. Why not make Metrocards plastic and place a five year expiration date on them?

Then you can refill them each week or each month (similiar to a prepaid Debit Card) until your expiration date and if the magnetic stripe goes bad, you can call the M.T.A. for a replacement card.

The five year expiration date is based on (some) banks issuing Debit Cards with a five year expiration date. Plastic seems durable. You would swipe the plastic Metrocard just like you swipe a Debit Card.

METROCARD 1234567890

1234567890 If this card is lost, stolen, or becomes unreadable, please call the M.T.A. for replacement

Expires 08/15

Monthly

Nope. I don't like any long term cards, especially ones with debit card-like magnetic strips. I already go through hell trying to swipe a worn down debit card trying to PURCHASE the Metrocard, no need to go through that same process trying to rush to the train that's pulling into the station. I'm quite happy with the current form of the Metrocard. Now a contact-less system, that's a different story.

Look who's talking about retarded robots from the Kawasaki junkyard. You are posting nothing but mindless blather. What's "cohernt"? I thought it was coherent. Go back to school and learn how to master the English language. I can understand what he's saying. Maybe you just need to go back to school and learn how to read again.

Simple response: What the f**k are you babbling about?

Would you be interested in buying some weed from me? I need the money and you really need to chill the f**k out!

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

METROCARD 1234567890

Expires 08/15

Monthly

Debit-like: no; smartlink: maybe

All of your mistakes in red.

Before you go about bashing someone else's grammar, please look at your own. We don't need any more people-bashers here. Everyone here knows what he's talking about. Take a chill pill & read his post carefully before you reply to it

I say keep the unlimited Metrocard around, even if we have to pay a little more for it. it is a necessity for some.

The original idea posted by EE is actually a very good idea. It would greatly decrease the amount of wasted metrocards that would otherwise be needlessly disposed (there's not much of a point to having a card that expires in five years, but is only useful for a month).

Archived