Guess what happened to me today...

Ftrainfan

I never thought this would happen to me today , but for THE FIRST TIME EVER, I got busted for filming in the subway! well , WE got busted for filming. Here's the story

*I was with my teen film making program program , reel works and we went out to practice composition shots and I suggested that we take some shots from the subway station nearby(Union street for the (R) train) and I took a simplicity shot of the R46 (R) train leaving the station , Then After , the teacher told me to master my next shot which was the "leading lines". As I began to set up the shot. Someone yelled "HEY YOUNG MAN..." I got scared and turned around and guess what...

It was the clerk lady. Standing right behind the turnstiles. I don't even know If she was suppose to step outta the booth. She gave us a look and said.

"ARE YOU IN A SCHOOL GROUP?!" I replied "Yes" The teacher is right next to me. We are all in a group(I said as I pointed to my film mates)

Then she said " WELL KNOW IT OR NOT FILMING IN THE SUBWAY IS ILLEGALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST STOP AND GET THE F*CK OUTTA HER BEFORE I GET THE F*CKING COPS! AND YOU'LL REALLY HAVE A UNFORGETTABLE SUMMER!!!!! YOU F*CKING PUNKS!"

Then the teacher said to her " Look , You need to calm down. We will leave! Damm! Some people and their moods!"

Then the clerk lady got REALLY pissed. and shouted "THAT DOES IT! NONE OF YA'LL BETTER COME BACK TO THIS F*CKING STATION OR I'M CALLING THE F*CKING SWAT TEAM ON YOUR F*CKING SORRY PUCKISH ASSES!!!!! GO TO HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we ran outta the station as fast as we can. It DID create attention from other passengers , which was the most embarrassing part for us. But I did use that station later when I was on my way to work after the program. And there was a different clerk supervisor =). Well , I guess it happens to EVERY railfanner eventually. I'm never using an obvious camera when railfanning again. LATER!

Did she really curse at you? And treat you like that? If so, you can just write her up as someone disrespecting customers, rather than what Yuki complained about (taking pictures in the subway.) Get her badge number and ask for her last name. They have to give it to you on request.

If I was in that situation, I would've waited for the SWAT team ^_^

He just asked you guys if you were in a school group & you said yes. If she knew you were in a school group then she was not suppose to curse at ya. Also, it is not illegal to take pictures in the subway as we all know. She also exagerated alot, the SWAT team, seriously.

I know It's not Illegal , but some MTA peeps still think they can bully us and use the "old" policy for filming in the subway. That's why when I usually rail fan , I don't say a peep and I keep the camera out of view to everyone else. And that's why my pics are mostly of the side of the train or inside.

The station agents are only allowed to leave the booths if there is an amergency, IINM. And they definitely cant curse at you.

It seems like someone hates their job & is bound to loose it. She needs to be reported & replaced. I sure there are people out there who are looking for a job

It seems like someone hates their job & is bound to loose it. She needs to be reported & replaced. I sure there are people out there who are looking for a job

I know! But I wouldn't do anything TOO fast. After all , we did kind of tick her off by not listening when she said to stop filming in the first place.

I did not include this in the thread , but she did ask us nicely to stop filming at first. But we just ignored her and continued filming. and that she would put the station in some emergency mode or something. We did not take her seriously and that's what set her off.

I never thought this would happen to me today , but for THE FIRST TIME EVER, I got busted for filming in the subway! well , WE got busted for filming. Here's the story

*I was with my teen film making program program , reel works and we went out to practice composition shots and I suggested that we take some shots from the subway station nearby(Union street for the (R) train) and I took a simplicity shot of the R46 (R) train leaving the station , Then After , the teacher told me to master my next shot which was the "leading lines". As I began to set up the shot. Someone yelled "HEY YOUNG MAN..." I got scared and turned around and guess what...

It was the clerk lady. Standing right behind the turnstiles. I don't even know If she was suppose to step outta the booth. She gave us a look and said.

"ARE YOU IN A SCHOOL GROUP?!" I replied "Yes" The teacher is right next to me. We are all in a group(I said as I pointed to my film mates)

Then she said " WELL KNOW IT OR NOT FILMING IN THE SUBWAY IS ILLEGALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST STOP AND GET THE F*CK OUTTA HER BEFORE I GET THE F*CKING COPS! AND YOU'LL REALLY HAVE A UNFORGETTABLE SUMMER!!!!! YOU F*CKING PUNKS!"

Then the teacher said to her " Look , You need to calm down. We will leave! Damm! Some people and their moods!"

Then the clerk lady got REALLY pissed. and shouted "THAT DOES IT! NONE OF YA'LL BETTER COME BACK TO THIS F*CKING STATION OR I'M CALLING THE F*CKING SWAT TEAM ON YOUR F*CKING SORRY PUCKISH ASSES!!!!! GO TO HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we ran outta the station as fast as we can. It DID create attention from other passengers , which was the most embarrassing part for us. But I did use that station later when I was on my way to work after the program. And there was a different clerk supervisor =). Well , I guess it happens to EVERY railfanner eventually. I'm never using an obvious camera when railfanning again. LATER!

What harry potter or lord of the rings book did you steal this b.s story from? Did this happen at the Drakes town train station where the squarepants depot is located? http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21759

If you're gonna tell a story tell the whole thing! Don't leave stuff out just to make the other person seem like the total bad guy. When she asked you, you should have walked away.

I know! , that's sure a lesson learned for us.

I am 100% sure you embellished at least three parts of this story...

That's no excuse for not using an "obvious" camera. You just have to be more discreet when taking shots.

I know It's not Illegal , but some MTA peeps still think they can bully us and use the "old" policy for filming in the subway. That's why when I usually rail fan , I don't say a peep and I keep the camera out of view to everyone else. And that's why my pics are mostly of the side of the train or inside.

Other people's reactions should not stop you from taking pictures of trains (unless you're trespassing which you're not), especially when it's completely legal. Just print out a copy of this and carry it around with you in the event that you get stopped, so you can show it to them and the matter is cleared up. So you shouldn't just limit your photography for that reason. Also, I don't think photography was ever "banned" in the subway, IINM. I thought it was only discussed briefly sometime around 2001-2005.

I know! But I wouldn't do anything TOO fast. After all , we did kind of tick her off by not listening when she said to stop filming in the first place.

I did not include this in the thread , but she did ask us nicely to stop filming at first. But we just ignored her and continued filming. and that she would put the station in some emergency mode or something. We did not take her seriously and that's what set her off.

Well that changes the scenario completely dude...

And either way, if she did actually curse at you (keyword: if) then you are SUPPOSED to report that since it's her fault for disrespecting paying passengers and you were in the right anyway.

If you were using film equipment like tripods, then yes, you are in the wrong. You need a permit to use any ancillary equipment. Also, any talk of reporting any employee here will not be tolerated. If you choose to do so, that's at your discretion but not on this forum.

Bold and underlined seems pretty damn important to me. Seems another self important railfan has "twisted" the facts to come up with a story for the internet to bash employees. f**king drama kids.

If you were using film equipment like tripods, then yes, you are in the wrong. You need a permit to use any ancillary equipment. Also, any talk of reporting any employee here will not be tolerated. If you choose to do so, that's at your discretion but not on this forum.

Well we DID in fact use tripods. So I guess it WAS all our faults. We decided NOT to listen to the clerk lady. we were the ones that used tripods. So you know what , I'm not reporting her. Consider this case CLOSED! :lock:

Well we DID in fact use tripods. So I guess it WAS all our faults. We decided NOT to listen to the clerk lady. we were the ones that used tripods. So you know what , I'm not reporting her. Consider this case CLOSED! :lock:

Then what was the point of posting this then?

Archived