Were any of you alive when the F and N had express service on their lines.

Roadcruiser1

Were any of you alive when the F and N had express service on the Sea Beach and IND Culver lines. I am just wondering what they look like and what it felt like to run on the middle of a elevated line and watching the train next to you run behind.^_^

I remember being on the (F) and going EXP bypassing I blv bergen and carrol I think all I know is that I remember going under further and bypassing these stations maybe it was that Culver thing I heard about but maybe someone that knows what I'm talking about and this was in the mid 80's

No like I mean on the Sea Beach Line and the IND Culver Line like (NX),<F>

I remember as a little boy the (F) Culver express in the '80's but 'no' to the (NX) Express other than occasional go's.

If i remember correct it ran in peak direction rush hours only with (F) local's start/end at Kings Highway and the 'express' going to Coney Island.:eek:

I remember being on the (F) and going EXP bypassing I blv bergen and carrol I think all I know is that I remember going under further and bypassing these stations maybe it was that Culver thing I heard about but maybe someone that knows what I'm talking about and this was in the mid 80's

The 70(F) went express from Jay St and stopped at 7th Ave, Church Ave, then went regular to CI. I don't know if they had some go express on the Culver though.

The 70(F) went express from Jay St and stopped at 7th Ave, Church Ave, then went regular to CI. I don't know if they had some go express on the Culver though.

In the 80's my friend IND, it only ran express between 18th Ave-Kings Highway. By 1990 it was a Local 24/7 in Brooklyn.

I've ridden that (F) service also and also ridden the short-lived "NX" express just for the experience. As far as I know there has never been regularly scheduled (N) express service on those tracks. The "NX" was actually a sop to Brighton line riders who lost Broadway express service when the Chrystie St connection opened and wasn't for regular (N) Sea Beach riders as it made no stops on the line.

0915brooklynpaper.jpg

(F) tracks express

7327045.jpg

(N) tracks express

Can anyone tell me if any future service might use them like running a (G) local and leaving the (F) to run express on the Culver

If this is also possible could they bring back the (W) and run it as a Sea Beach express with stops at the major stations?

0915brooklynpaper.jpg

(F) tracks express

7327045.jpg

(N) tracks express

Can anyone tell me if any future service might use them like running a (G) local and leaving the (F) to run express on the Culv

If this is also possible could they bring back the (W) and run it as a Sea Beach express with stops at the major stations?

IIRC there are no express stations on the (N) Sea Beach line so where would the expresses make stops ? Please, will someone, anyone, please explain this fixation with the Culver Line and the (G) train ? In the last few weeks I've seen proposals to add cars to the line and extend it from Coney Island to 125th St to Dyre Ave, even via the Hell Gate Bridge. WTF, is it something in the air ? Heat ? A new drug ?

IIRC there are no express stations on the (N) Sea Beach line so where would the expresses make stops ? Please, will someone, anyone, please explain this fixation with the Culver Line and the (G) train ? In the last few weeks I've seen proposals to add cars to the line and extend it from Coney Island to 125th St to Dyre Ave, even via the Hell Gate Bridge. WTF, is it something in the air ? Heat ? A new drug ?

No just railiens whose circuitry starts sparking, melting, and then explodes if there are any unused express tracks in the system. 'TIS THEY MUST BE USED!!! AAHAHHH!!

I was very small when the (NX) was with us. That must've been a great ride on the Sea Beach express tracks what with no stops between 59th Street and Coney Island.

As INDMan said, the 70(F) express ran both directions between Jay Street-Borough Hall and Church Avenue. It then ran peak direction using the Culver middle track from Church Avenue to Kings Highway.

In the days of the 70(F) express, the local was the 70(GG) and the 70(F) express stopped only at Seventh Avenue and Bergen Street (Lower Level).

Service on the Jay Street-Borough Hall-Church Avenue portion was cancelled on Friday August 27, 1976 and the 70(GG) was shortened to Smith-Ninth Streets.

That is a very sad fate for them and I would love to ride them If they ever bring them back I would love to ride an express (F) skipping by a slow moving (G) train on the elevated IND Culver Line to Coney Island then hop on an (N) to get to a brought back (W) which runs as an (NX) but making some stops like at 62nd street if possible all the way to Manhattan.^_^

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Only during the occasional G.O.s that's basically it.

If you wanna know the feeling of running express on an elevated structure these days, ride the (J) (or the occasional (Z)) during rush hours from Marcy to Myrtle...or on the (5) (whenever they finish that construction) during rush hours from 3 Av-149 to E. 180

Can anyone tell me if any future service might use them like running a (G) local and leaving the (F) to run express on the Culver

The (F) express might come back. That all depends on the (MTA).

The (N) will run on the Sea Beach express again. Whenever there's a GO that requires it.

The (F) express might come back. That all depends on the (MTA).

The (N) will run on the Sea Beach express again. Whenever there's a GO that requires it.

In 2012 when the Culver Viaduct is fixed, the (F) will run express and the (G) will run local with a few (F)s running local. There also no plan for the Sea beach as I know. The 2nd track is totally not in service so if there's express service it would have to be setup like a three track elevated. A bi-directional express track.

Actually, almost all GO N Trains are rerouted via West End Express (on rare cases Local). I think that this is due to the fact that running on the Sea Beach Express limits more trains running than when running on the West End Express since there are actually a few "express stops" on the West End EL.

In 2012 when the Culver Viaduct is fixed, the (F)will run express and the (G) will run local with a few (F)s running local. There also no plan for the Sea beach as I know. The 2nd track is totally not in service so if there's express service it would have to be setup like a three track elevated. A bi-directional express track.

Will run express? There are no plans for that at all, just ideas floating around.

Will run express? There are no plans for that at all, just ideas floating around.

That's one of the MAIN reasons they are fixing up the express tracks on the Culver Viaduct, was to have them in perfect running condition for future express service. Well I guess with the (V) gone, anything might happen.

Archived