Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should have said most newbies wouldn't drive the artics. You said the M100 was easy money. Why is that? I would figure going crosstown on W 125st would be a traffic nightmare.

Keep the artics out of Brooklyn and Queens. I believe that an artic line is coming soon out of the Queens Village depot,hope that doesn't start a trend.

Dawgs?...old,dented,broken down filthy buses?

Mainly on Fridays is 125st a nightmare. It is only b/w 5th-2nd Aves., is it a pain. Some of the other days it can be too. They leave us 20+ minutes just to get across 125st. Besides traffic = be later on your way back to the dispatcher. Eventually they have to put you in place, or you get a cut slip and if 20 minutes is left of your lunch, you take that. You miss your whole lunch, you get your full lunch, then they have to put you in place. It happened to me 2 years ago when I worked the M100. I deadheaded from KB to 125st to start. Killed one whole trip.

Dawgs = need a new engine, or a major engine overhaul. Unacceptably slow when accelerating.

Mainly on Fridays is 125st a nightmare. It is only b/w 5th-2nd Aves., is it a pain. Some of the other days it can be too. They leave us 20+ minutes just to get across 125st. Besides traffic = be later on your way back to the dispatcher. Eventually they have to put you in place, or you get a cut slip and if 20 minutes is left of your lunch, you take that. You miss your whole lunch, you get your full lunch, then they have to put you in place. It happened to me 2 years ago when I worked the M100. I deadheaded from KB to 125st to start. Killed one whole trip.

Dawgs = need a new engine, or a major engine overhaul. Unacceptably slow when accelerating.

About them dawgs,I hope they don't hold that against you if your bus is behind schedule. How do you get along with the shop guys? Your life is basically riding on the competency of the mechanics. I know there is a shortage of mechanics,even for diesel ones. Are they in a different union as the bus operators?

About them dawgs,I hope they don't hold that against you if your bus is behind schedule. How do you get along with the shop guys? Your life is basically riding on the competency of the mechanics. I know there is a shortage of mechanics,even for diesel ones. Are they in a different union as the bus operators?

1. Your late, your late, and ain't nothing they can say. Tuesday I got 3 wheelchairs, and 1 walker along 125st, going W/B. Got 1st wheelchair at Lexington, they went to Lenox. At Lenox got 2nd wheelchair, they were going to Amsterdam. Next stop, at 7th Ave (aka Adam Clayton Powell), got 3rd wheelchair, and a walker. Walker went to st. Nicholas, and wheelchair went to GWB. I was 15 minutes late getting to Amsterdam and 125st (dispatcher post), and had a packed bus. I had to dump the air in the front door, go out the front door, reach inside the window, turn knob so front door closes and locks, and go through the back door to get chair and walker at 7th Ave in (rear lift). I got short signed to 207st.

2. I don't hang with the shop guys. We have to walk through that are to go to the yard dispatcher, and I will say high. I don't conversate with them, as they have work to do, and I ain't fond of hanging around in an area where 40,000-60,000lbs of bus is in the air. You can get hurt there if not careful.

3. Long as the brakes work, I'm fine. they do a great job of that.

4. We are part of the same union. They have their union chairman, we have ours. At KB, when all the garbage came in from STI, they spoke about it. They told our chairman about the problems with the STI buses (the crap we got was buried in the back of the STI lots), and our chairman already told us, "put the bus in 2nd gear, and crawl". This was for the 200series buses (I have only seen one of those lately). We have quite a bit of 400, 500, and 600 series buses. What's crazy is the 600 series are the ones breaking down the most lately. We were told "write up the buses", and if something don't feel right, don't take out the bus. The drivers don't listen. Most of the 400-600series buses mirrors can't be adjusted to see what you suppose to see. The tip of the rear wheels on the ground. 90%of those buses should be OOS. The MTA preaches safety, but drivers still keep taking these buses out. They forget they can get paid to just sit. We have no replacements for these buses, and MTA will start to send KB new buses.......eventually.

Most of us love the artics. I love the West Farms artics, since they only have the 2003 models. At KB too many dawgs. I picked the Bx41 last pick since I loved the artics, but got too much garbage on the road. Buses humming and struggling down the road. The 40fters are no better. Even the 6000 series have some slugs in the fleet. Alot of MTA's buses need an engine overhaul. The 1999-2000 artics are in dire need of it. The extra people for $.25 extra per hour, is an equal pain. The farebeats have followed me to the M100, and it's even better since they can use the "I don't understand English". Using a transfer on the same bus line, instead of waiting for the Bx7 (if uptown) or M101 (if further down). The act of stupidity is something here.

Oh well, I gave up anyways. Makes my day go by faster and better...........

I have been reading a guestbook about the La Gaurdia bus depot on another website,just wanted to read about the problems the bus operators have over there. Yeah they make less than you DOB2RTO,different contract, union,yet they say the same things about the MTA as you do. I think there are more angry bus operators online than on the buses,lol. Hey it is healthy to vent.

I have been reading a guestbook about the La Gaurdia bus depot on another website,just wanted to read about the problems the bus operators have over there. Yeah they make less than you DOB2RTO,different contract, union,yet they say the same things about the MTA as you do. I think there are more angry bus operators online than on the buses,lol. Hey it is healthy to vent.

Those guys loved working for the private lines, as you were their driver. MTA you are a pass/payroll #. That's a fact. We have so many new people now, and still work is left open. No one wants to do overtime in the DOB, unless they need it.

Those guys loved working for the private lines, as you were their driver. MTA you are a pass/payroll #. That's a fact. We have so many new people now, and still work is left open. No one wants to do overtime in the DOB, unless they need it.

But as a new driver is ot available every week? They gave you the option to decline right? Or is it mandatory o/t? What I don't like about your working hours are that they are long,10-12 hrs,which includes your swingtime. Do bus operators work say,5am-1pm,or 2pm-10pm.4pm-12am...

But as a new driver is ot available every week? They gave you the option to decline right? Or is it mandatory o/t? What I don't like about your working hours are that they are long,10-12 hrs,which includes your swingtime. Do bus operators work say,5am-1pm,or 2pm-10pm.4pm-12am...

Overtime isn't mandatory. I work only 42 hours a week. I could of gotten 45-46, but didn't want it. Only those on the Extra list can get 10-12 or even more hours per day. Others pick those huge 12 hour days, but they come with a 3hour swing (paid for only 1). There are different shifts. Some do night buses which report at 2330-2345hrs. Some report for the morning rush (0330-0600hrs). Some report for afternoon-evening work (1300-1530hrs). On the weekend some report as late as 1730hrs. Overtime is available every day of every week depending on the depot. If you don't know military time, learn it. We use that here. Your farebox, reads in this time also.

Overtime isn't mandatory. I work only 42 hours a week. I could of gotten 45-46, but didn't want it. Only those on the Extra list can get 10-12 or even more hours per day. Others pick those huge 12 hour days, but they come with a 3hour swing (paid for only 1). There are different shifts. Some do night buses which report at 2330-2345hrs. Some report for the morning rush (0330-0600hrs). Some report for afternoon-evening work (1300-1530hrs). On the weekend some report as late as 1730hrs. Overtime is available every day of every week depending on the depot. If you don't know military time, learn it. We use that here. Your farebox, reads in this time also.

Yes I am familiar with military time,one would think working overnights would be easier,less traffic,less customers to deal with. No matter what shift you work,morning rush or afternoon,evening you will get 1 rush hour period,can't avoid it in most routes. 42 hrs a week is eneough for you,don't blame you for not wanting to work more.

I recently took bus operator exam #8006. I just wanted to make sure that we only had to fill out our social security number in order for them to contact us about our results and employment. I did not fill out my home address, name and telephone number on the answer sheet because I do not remember them asking for that. I just want to confirm that they DID NOT ask us for any other contact information other than our social security number.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I recently took bus operator exam #8006. I just wanted to make sure that we only had to fill out our social security number in order for them to contact us about our results and employment. I did not fill out my home address, name and telephone number on the answer sheet because I do not remember them asking for that. I just want to confirm that they DID NOT ask us for any other contact information other than our social security number.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

The card that got you into the test has all the information, results are posted online and you will get a # in the mail.. good luck

Very disappointing 12X.. who knows how that'll hold up.. what about you? You're already out there?

Don't worry we passed but as you said im out I just took it for the hell of it but i got 18X I dont know what went wrong

as long as you didn't get over 20 wrong your good as someone else said on here

Don't worry we passed but as you said im out I just took it for the hell of it but i got 18X I dont know what went wrong

as long as you didn't get over 20 wrong your good as someone else said on here

If you don't mind me asking.. why would you take it again if you're out there?

If you don't mind me asking.. why would you take it again if you're out there?

Because there is always the possibility that I didn't pass the BOSS for NYCT

which I did take and I also took the BOSS for MaBSTOA which I did pass

but would rather work in Brooklyn or Queens keep in mind I am not a Bus Operator yet so that's why I took it again

Because there is always the possibility that I didn't pass the BOSS for NYCT

which I did take and I also took the BOSS for MaBSTOA which I did pass

but would rather work in Brooklyn or Queens keep in mind I am not a Bus Operator yet so that's why I took it again

Ok Cool, I thought you were already...

thanks, good luck! Boss test is right after written test or do they do the drug test, etc..

Archived