Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if u work it out comes to 73.75% here how

100 divde 80 is 1.25 each question

so i got 21 wrong take 80 take away 21 that equals 59 times it by 1.25 equels 73.75 heres how i did it.

80-21=59

59X1.25=73.75%

so just to pass it

24 wrong the max

80-24+56

56x1.25=70.00%

well i got 21 wrong so i don`t what shape i`m in i hope i get a list number soon but then again who knows

To be honest by the time you get called, they might extinguish the list. Take other exams also. T/O is coming up again next month for O/C.......

The #8006 list hasn't yet been established. Once it is though,it expires in 4 years,is that correct DOB2RTO?

Yes, unless the city decides to extend the expiration date. They most likely will, as it would be bad press to throw away a list full of paying people who want to work for the city, or MTA.

I found out we really can be laid off now, as that no layoff clause went good-bye. Right no they just aren't hiring any new people, when others retire, at least in the DOB. In RTO I only once got to sit all day on the board. Outside of that always had a job, or picked up one. Seems they need people down here........

well i would love 2 take the train operator test and be a train operator but i don`t have the requirements they want which is college or 5 years fulltime paid work exprence. I wanna look and see if i can get a job with the staten island railway i wanna find out were 2 go.

Is that 5 continuous years of work experience? What kind of proof would they ask for? W2's?

Is that 5 continuous years of work experience? What kind of proof would they ask for? W2's?

5 years total, not continuous. I'm guessing they call up your previous employers to check, just like any other company would to verify you worked there.

5 years total, not continuous. I'm guessing they call up your previous employers to check, just like any other company would to verify you worked there.

Thanks Julio,in that case I meet the requirements. The longest that I have worked at one place is 3 1/2 years. Here today gone tomorrow type scenario.:(

The filing period for T/0 #8098 begins March 4th right?

Thanks Julio,in that case I meet the requirements. The longest that I have worked at one place is 3 1/2 years. Here today gone tomorrow type scenario.:(

The filing period for T/0 #8098 begins March 4th right?

Correct. March 4th is the start of the application period.

• 4 weeks later...
I got my score(85) and list number(706)this morning. Is this accurate? Whoever took exam 8006 and got their results today please post,thanks.

I also received my score today. I got a 88.75 and my list number is (26x). My father-inlaw took the test and got a 95 and his list number is (25x). I wonder how many people took the test because these are very low list numbers. I got a 101.5 on the sanitation test (6063) and my list number is like 21xx.

I also received my score today. I got a 88.75 and my list number is (26x). My father-inlaw took the test and got a 95 and his list number is (25x). I wonder how many people took the test because these are very low list numbers. I got a 101.5 on the sanitation test (6063) and my list number is like 21xx.

This exam was a lot harder than we all thought it would be. Chris was right after all. I know there are 2 other lists still going on but this list(8006)might be smaller than the previous one. The exam that was given in 05 or 06. I think that more people failed the 8006 exam than passed it.

They better not be giving another bus operator exam next year......

Hey guys. I see the exam scores came in the mail. Good for everyone. Now, there should be only 1500 people left on list 5025. Depeding on how quick they hire, those 1500 people could be called by the end of the year. The list number of the last person hired on Staten Island is about 2000.

The problem is that nobody is really retiring. Drivers retire in waves, and therefore people are hired by the masses. The last mass just ended, and we are waiting for the new group to begin. In Staten Island, nobody is retiring, but next year, there is about 60 guys going.

The other boroughs are different. I complain to my general superintendent everyday about how they need to hire. My complaining doesn't do anything, but hopefully something happens soon.

Locomotion: I got an 85 and my list number was 825 on list 5025. It was the hardest open competetive test I took. Harder than corrections, police, fire dept, court officer, SANITATION. I got a 102.5 on sanitation. my list # was 772. I got called and turned it down. Im glad to see you did well. ANyone who took the test and scored under 500, you will be the first groupe of people called for your medical. From 500-750 is the second group. WHen they were hiring last year, they called a new group every 3 weeks or so. A group consisted of 250 people, except for the first group. They try to get the first 500 out of the way early.

I truly love my job. First I liked it Then I started to really dislike the people, but now I actually get a kick out of it. So what if someone gets nasty with me every once in a while. You never see them again and if so its not everyday. Or every week.

I feel for you guys trying to get on. I took the test april 26, 2006. Got my list number in March 2007. Took my BOSS exam April 2007. Finally got called Feb 2008, and my official firing date was march 3, 2008. So as you can see, I got hired 2 years after taking my test.

WHen you take the BOSS exam, they will give you a good estimate as to when you will get called. There is a bald african american guy with glasses who is pretty good at estimating your hiring time. Good luck to all and if you guys have any questions feel free to e-mail me or post a question up, I will contact you back asap. I will be on this site once a day from now on, up until they start hiring.

Chris Frusci

Hey guys. I see the exam scores came in the mail. Good for everyone. Now, there should be only 1500 people left on list 5025. Depeding on how quick they hire, those 1500 people could be called by the end of the year. The list number of the last person hired on Staten Island is about 2000.

The problem is that nobody is really retiring. Drivers retire in waves, and therefore people are hired by the masses. The last mass just ended, and we are waiting for the new group to begin. In Staten Island, nobody is retiring, but next year, there is about 60 guys going.

The other boroughs are different. I complain to my general superintendent everyday about how they need to hire. My complaining doesn't do anything, but hopefully something happens soon.

Locomotion: I got an 85 and my list number was 825 on list 5025. It was the hardest open competetive test I took. Harder than corrections, police, fire dept, court officer, SANITATION. I got a 102.5 on sanitation. my list # was 772. I got called and turned it down. Im glad to see you did well. ANyone who took the test and scored under 500, you will be the first groupe of people called for your medical. From 500-750 is the second group. WHen they were hiring last year, they called a new group every 3 weeks or so. A group consisted of 250 people, except for the first group. They try to get the first 500 out of the way early.

I truly love my job. First I liked it Then I started to really dislike the people, but now I actually get a kick out of it. So what if someone gets nasty with me every once in a while. You never see them again and if so its not everyday. Or every week.

I feel for you guys trying to get on. I took the test april 26, 2006. Got my list number in March 2007. Took my BOSS exam April 2007. Finally got called Feb 2008, and my official firing date was march 3, 2008. So as you can see, I got hired 2 years after taking my test.

WHen you take the BOSS exam, they will give you a good estimate as to when you will get called. There is a bald african american guy with glasses who is pretty good at estimating your hiring time. Good luck to all and if you guys have any questions feel free to e-mail me or post a question up, I will contact you back asap. I will be on this site once a day from now on, up until they start hiring.

Chris Frusci

Thanks Chris for all of your help. It is good to know that you still make the time to come in here. I have some questions,what about credits? veteran,legacy,etc..are the list numbers we got our true list numbers or will they be adjusted due to those people with credits.

One last thing. Does DCAS put up the eligibles list online?

Mrmetro:Congrats! That is an excellent list number. You got a 100% on the exam right?

1daysoon:I know that you are on 2 other bus operator lists,you will get hired sooner than most of us.

Igor:You made it,don't get discouraged though. This list is smaller than the #5025 list.

Thanks Chris for all of your help. It is good to know that you still make the time to come in here. I have some questions,what about credits? veteran,legacy,etc..are the list numbers we got our true list numbers or will they be adjusted due to those people with credits.

The list numbers you have are the final ones. The people that used veterans credit where already taken into account if you received your list number.

Every once in a while there may be someone added to the list for various reasons but that won't change your number that person will have the list number that they should with an a like 101a.

I don't know about online but if the list is certified it will be published in the chief and they will no longer be hiring off of the last list.

The list numbers you have are the final ones. The people that used veterans credit where already taken into account if you received your list number.

Every once in a while there may be someone added to the list for various reasons but that won't change your number that person will have the list number that they should with an a like 101a.

I don't know about online but if the list is certified it will be published in the chief and they will no longer be hiring off of the last list.

Thanks Jah,fully understood. The MaBSTOA lists have no impact on the 8006 list right? Only the 5025 list right? which technically expires in the summer of 2011.

Chris Frusci

It's the economy, and the loss of alot of money in the 401Ks' and 457s'. Alot were going to retire, now they say they will stick around for 5 or 6 more years, to try to recoup some of the lost monies. This includes supervisors, who were going to retire, which means a few get promoted, which opens up a few slots also. The economy has destroyed alot of hope all the way around........

Welcome back, and glad to hear you are learning to just laugh at the customers now. Being angry don't help........

It's the economy, and the loss of alot of money in the 401Ks' and 457s'. Alot were going to retire, now they say they will stick around for 5 or 6 more years, to try to recoup some of the lost monies. This includes supervisors, who were going to retire, which means a few get promoted, which opens up a few slots also. The economy has destroyed alot of hope all the way around........

Welcome back, and glad to hear you are learning to just laugh at the customers now. Being angry don't help........

I thought you guys had a pension?

I thought you guys had a pension?

For most people a pension alone will not be enough to live off of unless you move someplace with a lower cost of living.

Plus alot of people who are going to retire and move away usually sell there house here and use that money to supplement there retirement, but in todays market you can't sell your house.

Archived