Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

Thanks Chris for all of your help. It is good to know that you still make the time to come in here. I have some questions,what about credits? veteran,legacy,etc..are the list numbers we got our true list numbers or will they be adjusted due to those people with credits.

One last thing. Does DCAS put up the eligibles list online?

Mrmetro:Congrats! That is an excellent list number. You got a 100% on the exam right?

1daysoon:I know that you are on 2 other bus operator lists,you will get hired sooner than most of us.

Igor:You made it,don't get discouraged though. This list is smaller than the #5025 list.

Honestly, I would rather get called for 8006 instead of mta bus or mabstoa.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys. I see the exam scores came in the mail. Good for everyone. Now, there should be only 1500 people left on list 5025. Depeding on how quick they hire, those 1500 people could be called by the end of the year. The list number of the last person hired on Staten Island is about 2000.

The problem is that nobody is really retiring. Drivers retire in waves, and therefore people are hired by the masses. The last mass just ended, and we are waiting for the new group to begin. In Staten Island, nobody is retiring, but next year, there is about 60 guys going.

The other boroughs are different. I complain to my general superintendent everyday about how they need to hire. My complaining doesn't do anything, but hopefully something happens soon.

Locomotion: I got an 85 and my list number was 825 on list 5025. It was the hardest open competetive test I took. Harder than corrections, police, fire dept, court officer, SANITATION. I got a 102.5 on sanitation. my list # was 772. I got called and turned it down. Im glad to see you did well. ANyone who took the test and scored under 500, you will be the first groupe of people called for your medical. From 500-750 is the second group. WHen they were hiring last year, they called a new group every 3 weeks or so. A group consisted of 250 people, except for the first group. They try to get the first 500 out of the way early.

I truly love my job. First I liked it Then I started to really dislike the people, but now I actually get a kick out of it. So what if someone gets nasty with me every once in a while. You never see them again and if so its not everyday. Or every week.

I feel for you guys trying to get on. I took the test april 26, 2006. Got my list number in March 2007. Took my BOSS exam April 2007. Finally got called Feb 2008, and my official firing date was march 3, 2008. So as you can see, I got hired 2 years after taking my test.

WHen you take the BOSS exam, they will give you a good estimate as to when you will get called. There is a bald african american guy with glasses who is pretty good at estimating your hiring time. Good luck to all and if you guys have any questions feel free to e-mail me or post a question up, I will contact you back asap. I will be on this site once a day from now on, up until they start hiring.

Chris Frusci

They have hired up to eligible list number 2795 on test 5025. The number of eligibles on the list is 4886. There are a little over 2000 people left on the list...expiring 10/31/11

how long will they start calling for bus operators on 8006 i got 714 list# i called livingston st and zerega they said they dont know?

They have to establish the 8006 list first. I am assuming that would be towards the end of the 5025 list expiring. I figure about a 3 yr wait minimum from now to get called. Although I do recall Chris saying that he took the BOSS before his list was established.

Chris got hired when the economy wasn't as bad as it is today. He will answer your question later on today I am sure. It is one thing to be optimistic but we also have to be realistic.

8006 list is established i dont understand what someone said they have to use the last bus operators list to hire from the new the last list expires in 2011 you are saying they wonthire off 8006 at all right now till the other list expires this does not sound right at all if they wont hire till 2011 then why did they put out another exam?? i heard this is wrong and they will call to take boss exam this spring and will hire so i dont know what is true or false if anyone knows the answer please posts this is driving me nuts to get the right answer:confused:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

What percentage if any do they contribute to your 401k? In my opinion a Roth IRA is one of the best ways to go for saving for retirement.

Pensions are becoming an endangered species. They are being replaced more and more by deferred comp plans like the 401k,etc.

The TA doesn't contribute anything into our 401k or 457 retirement plans. These are optional and you can contribute whatever percentage or set amount you choose to. I personally put in 6%.

Our pensions are seperate and a defined benefit that can't be taken away.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

The TA doesn't contribute anything into our 401k or 457 retirement plans. These are optional and you can contribute whatever percentage or set amount you choose to. I personally put in 6%.

Our pensions are seperate and a defined benefit that can't be taken away.

I see,6% is good. I thought the max you can contribute to your 401k in a year is $15,500? And you can't withdraw any of the money without penalty until your 59 1/2.

I see,6% is good. I thought the max you can contribute to your 401k in a year is $15,500? And you can't withdraw any of the money without penalty until your 59 1/2.

I think that is the maximum you can contribute. If you wanted to though you can contribute to both plans.

As for withdrawing the money it's there for retirement if you stop working for the TA then you can pull your money if you choose but you have to pay the taxes, or you can roll it into another retirement plan.

8006 list is established i dont understand what someone said they have to use the last bus operators list to hire from the new the last list expires in 2011 you are saying they wonthire off 8006 at all right now till the other list expires this does not sound right at all if they wont hire till 2011 then why did they put out another exam?? i heard this is wrong and they will call to take boss exam this spring and will hire so i dont know what is true or false if anyone knows the answer please posts this is driving me nuts to get the right answer:confused:

Where did you see,read or hear that the #8006 list was established? I also questioned back then why they were giving another bus operator exam. Maybe they expected a mass hiring. So you think they should just end the #5025 list and start with the #8006 list?....You want somebody to tell you what you want to hear right?

Life isn't fair man,it is what it is. Hang in there.:)

list 8006 list is established i know you know a lot of things i am an ex bus operator also i know how things work also for one they dont overlap tests and list numbers second they will call people for the boss and medical this year i contacted dcas and livingstont st ask junita chesnut they will hire from both they never had put a test out and let people wait 2-3 yrs to be hired never!!! i have my father who was aa bus operator 35 yrs on job just retired and 2 uncles also retired and dozens of freinds and cousins that say you are wrong like i said call dcas and livingston st you will get an idea on whats really going on i dont mean to put you down but for telling everyone that they wont be hired till 2011 is not true and there will be up to 1000+ this year to take boss medical and lots will be hired i did not ask about the other list they said it was active but said 8006 is the new one now i can see your point that one list should expire before they hire for the other i just telling everyone what is said to me by they people that do the hiring andto all that passed the first 500 will be getting called this spring good like get ready:)

list 8006 list is established i know you know a lot of things i am an ex bus operator also i know how things work also for one they dont overlap tests and list numbers second they will call people for the boss and medical this year i contacted dcas and livingstont st ask junita chesnut they will hire from both they never had put a test out and let people wait 2-3 yrs to be hired never!!! i have my father who was aa bus operator 35 yrs on job just retired and 2 uncles also retired and dozens of freinds and cousins that say you are wrong like i said call dcas and livingston st you will get an idea on whats really going on i dont mean to put you down but for telling everyone that they wont be hired till 2011 is not true and there will be up to 1000+ this year to take boss medical and lots will be hired i did not ask about the other list they said it was active but said 8006 is the new one now i can see your point that one list should expire before they hire for the other i just telling everyone what is said to me by they people that do the hiring andto all that passed the first 500 will be getting called this spring good like get ready:)

They have to finish calling all of the people on list 5025 first, though. There are 2000 left and probably many of whom already took the BOSS, like my husband...just waiting now for drug, medical, and to hopefully get hired. I also spoke to Livingston just this week, asking about what Outstanding certification (my husband was just put on this) she told me that he is on the list of possible B/O which will be called soon (sent from DCAS). The list does not have to expire, but they do have to finish the previous list before they hire off the next one. I am sure you are correct though that they will probably start the BOSS process this year for 8006...as long as they unfreeze the lists. My husband and many others took the previous test in 2006(April) and are still waiting, so yes...in this city it does take a good 3 years or more to get hired. :P

Good luck to everyone waiting! :)

i understand what you are saying i know for a fact they will call up to 1000 this year for 8006 boss test then its like 6 months after that to get called for the first hiring then another 6 months for the second wave each set of new hires has about 500 at a time every 6 months i know i wont be coming back till summer of 2010 with a list number in the 700 range they lose a lot no permit, accidents, criminal record, the drug test,its not an easy cake walk to get in i know i been there before.the first year you are a sitting duck they will fire you for anything i was whit a class of 60 there is only about 15 left so it goes real fast to go through the list numbers you go to livingston sit down get a number and wait to get called its like that everyday now and thats all you are on probation is a number to them screw up next number takes your place:eek:

thats only if you got a low score 3 yrs when i was on 5025 i was hired in 1year boss ,medical,interview they also look at your work history and driving records i see that everyone on 5025 took the boss and maybe alot did not make the requirements for the job thats maybe why they are pushing 8006 list so something is up with that 5025 remember they take clean license and i know they use to use the 1 and 3 my father said which is the best qualified for the job also but i dont know if they still do that the hiring frezze is over and there is only a few hundred left on 5025 so i think you should contact them again because it seems they are gonna wrap up this 5025 very shortly:eek:

thats only if you got a low score 3 yrs when i was on 5025 i was hired in 1year boss ,medical,interview they also look at your work history and driving records i see that everyone on 5025 took the boss and maybe alot did not make the requirements for the job thats maybe why they are pushing 8006 list so something is up with that 5025 remember they take clean license and i know they use to use the 1 and 3 my father said which is the best qualified for the job also but i dont know if they still do that the hiring frezze is over and there is only a few hundred left on 5025 so i think you should contact them again because it seems they are gonna wrap up this 5025 very shortly:eek:

I spoke to Livingston Monday, they are still not hiring off of the 5025 bc they did not get the okay. But they said they should get the okay "any day" now.

i understand what you are saying i know for a fact they will call up to 1000 this year for 8006 boss test then its like 6 months after that to get called for the first hiring then another 6 months for the second wave each set of new hires has about 500 at a time every 6 months i know i wont be coming back till summer of 2010 with a list number in the 700 range they lose a lot no permit, accidents, criminal record, the drug test,its not an easy cake walk to get in i know i been there before.the first year you are a sitting duck they will fire you for anything i was whit a class of 60 there is only about 15 left so it goes real fast to go through the list numbers you go to livingston sit down get a number and wait to get called its like that everyday now and thats all you are on probation is a number to them screw up next number takes your place:eek:

Summer of 2010,well I think you are being very optimistic. I do believe you when you said that the list moves fast,but if they aren't hiring the list isn't moving.

When you said class of 60,where? at 180 Livingston St or at Zerega Ave in the Bronx?

Which list are you on....with the class of 60?

Which list are you on....with the class of 60?

He was on the 5025 list,was hired about a year after that exam but forced to resign after a few months over a medical issue. He says that while on probation they look to fire you for any reason,you have to figure the union can't help you out while your on probation.

so how far back do they go looking for any criminal records or any car accedents or dwi me i never got a dwi dui or a speeding tickets i did get into 1 car accedent that`s all i hit a tree my tire blew out

I think you can get a copy of your drivers abstract from DMV,but that only goes back 3 years I believe. I am sure government agencies,etc can look up your entire driving record.

About the accident with the tree,did you file a police report? If you didn't,then don't bring it up. If it's not on paper don't say anything.

I wonder if they disqualify more people with criminal background issues or driving record issues..

Archived