Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

i'm kinda curiose about that also, I applied for the mabstoa bus op recently and i know i have 4pts on my license but there for truck route violations, no dwi or speeders or accidents. i wonder if they look at the truck route violations as being a negative.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
list 8006 list is established i know you know a lot of things i am an ex bus operator also i know how things work also for one they dont overlap tests and list numbers second they will call people for the boss and medical this year i contacted dcas and livingstont st ask junita chesnut they will hire from both they never had put a test out and let people wait 2-3 yrs to be hired never!!! i have my father who was aa bus operator 35 yrs on job just retired and 2 uncles also retired and dozens of freinds and cousins that say you are wrong like i said call dcas and livingston st you will get an idea on whats really going on i dont mean to put you down but for telling everyone that they wont be hired till 2011 is not true and there will be up to 1000+ this year to take boss medical and lots will be hired i did not ask about the other list they said it was active but said 8006 is the new one now i can see your point that one list should expire before they hire for the other i just telling everyone what is said to me by they people that do the hiring andto all that passed the first 500 will be getting called this spring good like get ready:)

I understand what you are saying. I understand you used to be a bus operator and you have family, but the truth is tht THEY ARE NOT DONE CALLING OFF OF LIST 5025. What Me and Gabchi are saying is that there are still 2000 people at least that are still active. Once they complete that list, and those 2000 people have been called, then they will start off of list 8006.

I did not say they would get called 2011, I said that is the latest they would get called. They will not get called by this spring. By the way, "getting called" usually means getting called for your medical. Not taking the boss exam. WHen I got my results in march of 2007, they were still calling off of the prior list. I took the boss exam in march 2007, and didn't start till march 3rd, 2008.

I want to see people getting called. For heavens sake I want to see people come behind me so I move up in seriority. I just speak the truth. They will call people from 8006 to take the boss exam, but they should not expect to get called for their medical until 2010.

By the way, Juanita Chestnut is a very nice lady, and so is everyone else at 180 livingston, but the truth is that nobody has a crystal ball. All we have are the facts. There ae 2000 or so people left on 5025. It took the mta 6 motnhs to go through the first 2000 people on list 5025. Ther are on a hiring freeze right now, and even if they started a hiring blitz again it would take atleast 6 months to complete that list. So the earliest 8006 can expect to be implemented would be october.

That will not happen. 2010 sounds more realistic for 8006. Im sorry for speaking the facts but I would never say anything else or lie. They havent had 1 (ONE) SINGLE new driver on Staten Island since last June. In september I was 34 people from the bottom, and I am nw 39 people from the bottom. They brought in 5 (FIVE) transfers from brooklyn. Not one new driver, or one new class.

Chris Frusci

Understood.

Good man Mr Frusci...we run these bus operator threads now..everybody who is on the lists,lol.

Did you know that DOB2RTO wrote on another thread that he actually is starting to miss being a bus operator? shocked to read that...you know that saying "be careful what you wish for because you might just get it all"..

Good man Mr Frusci...we run these bus operator threads now..everybody who is on the lists,lol.

Did you know that DOB2RTO wrote on another thread that he actually is starting to miss being a bus operator? shocked to read that...you know that saying "be careful what you wish for because you might just get it all"..

Most B/O that come to RTO go back within the first year and most of the ones that don't go back regret it eventually. RTO and Stations are the 2 worst departments to work for in TA.

Most B/O that come to RTO go back within the first year and most of the ones that don't go back regret it eventually. RTO and Stations are the 2 worst departments to work for in TA.

I didn't know that,does that apply to TSS also? Still the next T/0 exam in June is going to have a huge turnout,mainly because of the economy.

I didn't know that,does that apply to TSS also? Still the next T/0 exam in June is going to have a huge turnout,mainly because of the economy.

The T/O test always have a huge turnout.

Does what include TSS?

The job titles above a T/0...like a TSS..one would figure the higher up you are in the organization the less people there is watching over you and giving you a hard time.

A TSS is LOW level managment. They get treated even worse than us these days. A TSS has a deputy superintendent, line superintendent, and general superintendent hovering over them. This used to be the best job in the system but not anymore, they get treated poorly and have to kiss major ass these days. I have 2 close relatives who hold this title one for 11 years and the other for 6 years.

A TSS is LOW level managment. They get treated even worse than us these days. A TSS has a deputy superintendent, line superintendent, and general superintendent hovering over them. This used to be the best job in the system but not anymore, they get treated poorly and have to kiss major ass these days. I have 2 close relatives who hold this title one for 11 years and the other for 6 years.

Understood Jah. What does everybody think of this? Possible layoffs for bus operators,etc...

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/03/13/2009-03-13_mta_details_budget_cuts_for_subway_buses.html

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

Wow, it has been a long time, but Im back! this threat seems kind of dead.. LOl, how is it going guys? have any of you (exam 8006) been called? I haven't received anything, just the list number. meanwhile Im going to college, one more semester to get my BS, and so far so good.

Hello everyone,

Wow, it has been a long time, but Im back! this threat seems kind of dead.. LOl, how is it going guys? have any of you (exam 8006) been called? I haven't received anything, just the list number. meanwhile Im going to college, one more semester to get my BS, and so far so good.

I'm on the same boat like you still waiting...I've had my CDL Class B for 2 years from a driving school that helped me get it. Back in the spring of 2009 I did how ever got a notice in the mail to take the BOSS exam @ there offices in Downtown Brooklyn. I did took it, and after that no word yet just on the list. I've also took the conductor exam a eight months after the bus operator exam...on the list too, haven't heard nothing about that exam. The way how things are going with transit you might as well try to finish the semester, and get something good out of it. At this rate I've been looking else where, and it's hard...

I'm on the same boat like you still waiting...I've had my CDL Class B for 2 years from a driving school that helped me get it. Back in the spring of 2009 I did how ever got a notice in the mail to take the BOSS exam @ there offices in Downtown Brooklyn. I did took it, and after that no word yet just on the list. I've also took the conductor exam a eight months after the bus operator exam...on the list too, haven't heard nothing about that exam. The way how things are going with transit you might as well try to finish the semester, and get something good out of it. At this rate I've been looking else where, and it's hard...

Hey,

yeah i know, it seems that theres an employment freeze everywhere. I've applied in other places as well, but nothing yet. so lets see what happens.. thanks for the update;

Good Luck!!

Hey,

yeah i know, it seems that theres an employment freeze everywhere. I've applied in other places as well, but nothing yet. so lets see what happens.. thanks for the update;

Good Luck!!

i missed the filling for this exam.. ill wait for the next one,I put in for mabstoa tho.

• 1 month later...
whatever happend with 2901, I completely forgot i was on that list.

i was in 180 livingston last week for a promotion to station cleaner (tracffic checker promotional) and there were like 50 guys there for mta bus ....idk whats going on with that...maybe gave people on the mabstoa list the option to go to mta bus ????

Archived