Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

If you don't get your cards this is what you do: http://nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/civilservice.shtml

Basically from their site (if you don't want to scroll to it):

What happens after you have registered to take a written, oral, practical, or essay exam:

Usually within two-three months of the end of the filing period, each applicant is sent an "Exam Admission Card." This card will confirm exam registration, date, time and location. While reviewing this information carefully, check for the correct exam registration information and exam date.

**Note: If you do not receive your admission card within four days of the exam date, please visit the Examining Service Section at 1 Centre Street, 14th floor, New York, NY to get a duplicate admission card.**

Awesome stuff DOB... thanks

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys for the info,still no card as of today,April 10th. Just in case I have printed my confirmation email from dcas when I filed for the exam online. I will bring that along with ID next Wednesday if I don't get the admission card within the next 4 business days.

CALM DOWN GUYS!!!! You will get it. I said it yesturday, they LITERALLY wait till the LAST minute. You will get it by monday THE LATEST. They said within 4 days before the test, well you will get it withing 5 days before the test. They cut it close. NOW, THAT IS THE LAST I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ADMISSION CARDS....LOL!!!!!!

CALM DOWN GUYS!!!! You will get it. I said it yesturday, they LITERALLY wait till the LAST minute. You will get it by monday THE LATEST. They said within 4 days before the test, well you will get it withing 5 days before the test. They cut it close. NOW, THAT IS THE LAST I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ADMISSION CARDS....LOL!!!!!!

But I got mines 2 weeks prior to the T/O test.......stirthepot.gifJust stirring the pot

I got my ********* **** today. I will be taking the #8006 bus operator exam at Franklin K Lane HS. at 3:30pm. I will drive and find street parking north of Jamaica Ave,btwn Cypress Hills Cemetery and Woodhaven Blvd. Taking the bus is not an option,would have to take the Q11,then transfer to the Q56 at Jamaica Avenue.

I got my ********* **** today. I will be taking the #8006 bus operator exam at Franklin K Lane HS. at 3:30pm. I will drive and find street parking north of Jamaica Ave,btwn Cypress Hills Cemetery and Woodhaven Blvd. Taking the bus is not an option,would have to take the Q11,then transfer to the Q56 at Jamaica Avenue.

Hey Loco, did you not want to " stir the pot" and say ADMISSION CARD?? LOL

Good luck, maybe see you there..

FDB

Chris,

your responses to the people are full with encouragement and support, you are also direct and to the point and i like that. you say what is needed, for us to see the brighter side of things, but let us know what needs to be done without any hesitation. i love the response you gave to locomotion69. that's cool. keep up the support. thank you for being on this site.

I agree with you LadyB... I think Chris' posts got me to want to visit the forums. Chris, Loco got my card today also. Washington Irving H.S... not too bad a ride from Staten Island- Ferry to R train. Guys thanks for the support.. now we are down to a week away. Looking forward to it and moving on.

FDB

I joined here about a month before Chris did,up until then DOB2RTO was and still is the main source for anything bus operator related(it is all based on seniority,lol) Both have done a lot for anybody who has visited this forum. Good luck on the exam FDB,your taking it in a very nice neighborhood.

LADYBUS: I was very flattered reading your compliment. Your a sweetheart. Of course, I don't do this for the recognition, but it is heartwarming when I hear someone compliment me. It makes me feel good knowing I made a difference in someone's life. I'm glad I was able to help you in any way I could. What is your story? Are you a driver? Are you taking the test?

FDBGUY: I'm glad I suckered you into this site!!!! lol kidding. Congratulations on getting your card. If I remember correctly, washington irving high school is on irving place. Irving place is between 3rd ave and union square west. Its right across from the nyu dorm building. When your heading north, it will be on your right hand side.

LOCOMOTION: Remember, its not DOB2RTO anymore. Its DOB2DOB. Or you can call him DOB for short. I like calling him DOB. What does that stand for again??? Dirty ol' bastard? lol Harry don't mind me, just some friendly humor. DOB has been very helpful to everyone.

LOCOMOTION: Remember, its not DOB2RTO anymore. Its DOB2DOB. Or you can call him DOB for short. I like calling him DOB. What does that stand for again??? Dirty ol' bastard? lol Harry don't mind me, just some friendly humor. DOB has been very helpful to everyone.

1. Still trying to jinx me huh?

2. I've only told of the job from my point of view and where I work. The customers are different in the Bronx. All who picked into KB from other boroughs know this now. Alot of adjustment for them. I can't and won't tell anyone the job is glamorous. Everyone will react differently to this job. Dealing with the public is just part of it.

3. Harry already called me a Dirty old man. So he is just as bad as you are. I am 28, so I'm actually a dirty young bastard. I was born out of wedlock (that's a fact).

LADYBUS: I was very flattered reading your compliment. Your a sweetheart. Of course, I don't do this for the recognition, but it is heartwarming when I hear someone compliment me. It makes me feel good knowing I made a difference in someone's life. I'm glad I was able to help you in any way I could. What is your story? Are you a driver? Are you taking the test?

FDBGUY: I'm glad I suckered you into this site!!!! lol kidding. Congratulations on getting your card. If I remember correctly, washington irving high school is on irving place. Irving place is between 3rd ave and union square west. Its right across from the nyu dorm building. When your heading north, it will be on your right hand side.

Thanks alot Chris, you are da man.. Hope your weekend is going well

FDB

I joined here about a month before Chris did,up until then DOB2RTO was and still is the main source for anything bus operator related(it is all based on seniority,lol) Both have done a lot for anybody who has visited this forum. Good luck on the exam FDB,your taking it in a very nice neighborhood.

Thanks for the good wishes Loco... same to you

I am an applicant for the mobstoa bus operator eam # 2801. I took the BOSS survey in March, I am just waiting for my results.

like chris said they will call you cause i went down there on april 9th for the drug test i see why they take a while to call people because in there was crowded & people was in there doing medical & that line was long as hell the more u think about it the longer it takes just relax they going to call just follow what the people say on this site like dob,chris, bklyn bob & whoever i left out .

Sorry guys exam 8006. wish all the best. I just forgot to say if anyone is into any drugs,Crime,license suspended remember to say MTA will found out. a friend of mine this week was just kicked out of MTA for no telling them about his background passed . he was locked up in 91 for something. so everyone please remember don't lie. they will do a check on you. also remember to pay all your parking tickets.because MTA will hire you but if they found out after your on the job that your drivers license was suspended and your in service. your DONE. because I see allot of my classmates go. They do check your License every time you go down. but they are doing checks on you for about 1year.

Any questions feel free.

Good Luck

Archived