Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

how did you answer the question about the girl with the big pothole in the middle of her street?

I answered to drop her off as near to her requested stop as possible and tell her that I can't go any furthur because I can't get around the large pothole..a bus driver makes the final decision.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was in room 405 seat #12 were any of you guys in my room????

Room 242,seat 18....did you see that house on the corner across the side entrance of the school? there were 2 kids playing with a punching bag that was in their front yard,pretty cool. I parked on park lane south/76th St,a good 5 blocks away but it was a quiet area.

First question was hard,I choose white,was going to go with amber,spent a lot of time on that one,ok let me think of another question.....I am mentally drained.

Which bus line goes to Grant's tomb?

M5

Which bus line goes to randalls island and wards island?

M35

hey vantastic i answered both of those the same as you...

I also put red that would be weird if the answer is clear or white because fog is clear or white you can spot a red light in fog and if thats the case the test needs to be revised i will protest i should have taken down the number to that ?

but in any case good luck to myself and everone who took exam 8006 today

I was thinking red and white are already used for reverse lights and brake lights...

I was thinking red and white are already used for reverse lights and brake lights...

true....true.... yes..... yes.... good point. well i probably got that one wrong.. 80 questions means that each question is worth............... how much?? 1.2pts for each question?????????????? LITTLE HELP??? i don't like numbers, it's all just fuzzy math to me.

The map questions were easy. It took me awhile to figure out what a "quadrant" was. F6,refers to the letter and number on the map.(coordinates). At first I thought it was a subway or a bus line,lol.

yeah the map questions were easy but i was initially intimidated by those questions, skipped all of them at first. proceeded with the rest of the exam then went back to them and realized that they were easy

Room 242,seat 18....did you see that house on the corner across the side entrance of the school? there were 2 kids playing with a punching bag that was in their front yard,pretty cool. I parked on park lane south/76th St,a good 5 blocks away but it was a quiet area.

no i didn't see any kids, probably cause some guy with grey hair and a blue shirt (i think he worked for dcas) started talking to me as soon as i left the building asked about the test , if i thought it was hard, and how i think i did. thing is that same guy was standing there while i was on line waiting to get in to the school and he kept askin us if we had studied for this exam from the book??? i parked like two streets and one long avenue from the school

wouldn't clear or white lights be for backing up???

Reverser lights, fog lights, and headlights are the same color. I have fog lights on my gas guzzler SUV.

I don't know why that question would even be on there. No bus here has these lights.

First question was hard,I choose white,was going to go with amber,spent a lot of time on that one,ok let me think of another question.....I am mentally drained.

Which bus line goes to Grant's tomb?

M5

Which bus line goes to randalls island and wards island?

M35

Amber are the yellow lights, that you see tow-trucks, Con-Ed, MTA, park vehicles, etc use.

Yes wbsguy,that is what I choose,if a visually impaired person and her service dog gets on the bus,the dog starts barking and growling at the passenger sitting next to them.....if a service animal is unruly they must get off the bus.

Then ADA will rip MTA a new a$$hole. Actually your answer was correct, just they shove ADA in our faces so much, that I am starting to wonder if soon the answer would be, tell the other customers to get off, and take David Patterson with his dog, where they need to go.

what about the lady and her kids boarding the bus??? my answer was to check them at the 44inch marker

That's the answer, but in real life we don't give a sh!t. I told a lady she needs to pay for her daughter (the child was a full grown teen), and the lady yells at me, but she's just a child. That's the way MTA got the public. They think they don't have to pay for their overgrown kids at all.

Just giving you a heads up, what really happens here.

Reverser lights, fog lights, and headlights are the same color. I have fog lights on my gas guzzler SUV.

I don't know why that question would even be on there. No bus here has these lights.

Exactly,I was asking myself the same thing,why is this question on the test? And it was the 1st one also. Buses have CLEARANCE lights on top right?

Then ADA will rip MTA a new a$$hole. Actually your answer was correct, just they shove ADA in our faces so much, that I am starting to wonder if soon the answer would be, tell the other customers to get off, and take David Patterson with his dog, where they need to go.

LOL,Another question,your bus is behind schedule,there is a lady who has bad knees and asks the bus driver to open the wheelchair lift in the back,she is unable to get up the steps,what do you tell her? I would have asked a passenger to carry her up the steps,lol,all kidding aside I choose to go outside and let her in from the back/wheelchair lift.

I thought that was only for people who were sitting on wheelchairs.....so it turns out ANYBODY can request the bus operator to let them in from the lift? I would figure most of the complaints from passengers come from (A)elderly (B)disabled people.

That's the answer, but in real life we don't give a sh!t. I told a lady she needs to pay for her daughter (the child was a full grown teen), and the lady yells at me, but she's just a child. That's the way MTA got the public. They think they don't have to pay for their overgrown kids at all.

Just giving you a heads up, what really happens here.

I'd be too emabarrassed to even think I shouldn't pay for my kid... then again I guess I have some pride.. something else to look forward to, huh DOB?

LOL,Another question,your bus is behind schedule,there is a lady who has bad knees and asks the bus driver to open the wheelchair lift in the back,she is unable to get up the steps,what do you tell her? I would have asked a passenger to carry her up the steps,lol,all kidding aside I choose to go outside and let her in from the back/wheelchair lift.

I thought that was only for people who were sitting on wheelchairs.....so it turns out ANYBODY can request the bus operator to let them in from the lift? I would figure most of the complaints from passengers come from (A)elderly (B)disabled people.

Anyone who asks, can use it. You are to not question why they need it.

Archived