Anyone taking test #8006 Bus Operator

Chris Frusci

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you happen to know which depot in Queens was the most requested? For any Queens Bus Operators.which depot is the best to work in and why? thanks

when we ask to go to queens most of us picked casey stengal after that we could not transfer they told us anymore they said we were locked in for life and after we found about there where more white shirts and supervisors there with bad attitudes a lot of knew we made a bad choice:(:P

when we ask to go to queens most of us picked casey stengal after that we could not transfer they told us anymore they said we were locked in for life and after we found about there where more white shirts and supervisors there with bad attitudes a lot of knew we made a bad choice:(:P

That is the problem with Queens. Whatever depot you pick, you are in for life. 126st use to be like that, but that has changed. AFAIK, now only Brooklyn, 126st, and Bronx can play depot hop scotch.

That is the problem with Queens. Whatever depot you pick, you are in for life. 126st use to be like that, but that has changed. AFAIK, now only Brooklyn, 126st, and Bronx can play depot hop scotch.

I will remember that,ok,but is Fresh Pond and Grand Avenue Depots considered Queens or Brooklyn? Those are my top 2 choices.

Hey Chris,

Not retired, my Wall st job "retired" me after 25 yrs.. that's why I'm here, looking for something more secure and bennies... tough out there as you know.

The book I got from the store wasn't ARco, Barnes and Noble told me that one is out of print. It is called Bus Operator from National Learning. Hopefully it's most of what the test is like.

Thanks again Chris..

hey i used to work on wall st. too.............in the late 90's (wall and broad st right next to that big bronze bull)) i hated it......and none of those brokers make that much money anyway............. (although they act like they do) seems to me working for the mta would give you a more financially stable lifestyle not to mention the benefits.....unless you have a degree in finance from an ivy league school or are in the top 1% of producing brokers you ain't making enough to pay rent. i wasted 6 yrs of my life down on wall and broad st. starving. you made a good choice. the mta will treat you better then wall st. i'm sure of it..............with city jobs it's cut and dry (you know what your giving and you know what your getting) mta ain't selling dreams like they do down on wall st.

Thank you Chris. Appreciate it a lot. Just wanted to hear from someone who even somewhat knows what they are talking about. Ive been hearing things through the grapevine about how long, call this check that blah blah blah. So, Thank You Again.

wbsguy: Wall St produces the highest incomes out of any other industry. Blows away salaries of doctors and lawyers. "the mta will treat you better then wall st. i'm sure of it..............".....I am sure DOB2RTO would beg to differ,lol.

DOB2RTO:You seee what you started with that Queens remark? lol Now we have a section in here with the name "MTA/NYC Transit Career Info & Queens" :eek:

hey i used to work on wall st. too.............in the late 90's (wall and broad st right next to that big bronze bull)) i hated it......and none of those brokers make that much money anyway............. (although they act like they do) seems to me working for the mta would give you a more financially stable lifestyle not to mention the benefits.....unless you have a degree in finance from an ivy league school or are in the top 1% of producing brokers you ain't making enough to pay rent. i wasted 6 yrs of my life down on wall and broad st. starving. you made a good choice. the mta will treat you better then wall st. i'm sure of it..............with city jobs it's cut and dry (you know what your giving and you know what your getting) mta ain't selling dreams like they do down on wall st.

I was on Wall St and downtown Bklyn for 28 yrs.. Naturally I wouldn't have known what the business was to become. There are layoff talks every day from all over in that business. I'm just one of many that say if they knew then what they know know, I would have driven a bus years ago. Stability and benefits are 2 things people take for granted. It is really annoying to hear people complaining that still have their jobs.. they should get a taste what it's like man.

Always good to talk to someone that understands, WBS.

wbsguy: Wall St produces the highest incomes out of any other industry. Blows away salaries of doctors and lawyers. "the mta will treat you better then wall st. i'm sure of it..............".....I am sure DOB2RTO would beg to differ,lol.

DOB2RTO:You seee what you started with that Queens remark? lol Now we have a section in here with the name "MTA/NYC Transit Career Info & Queens" :eek:

thats true the top 1% make money hand over fist....(and the rest act like they do...lol.) but if you think every broker on wall st is a millionaire............think again. (look at it like this. there are actors that make millions of dollars per picture, thats the top 1%. the rest are waiting tables for 7 dollars an hour. did you ever hear the term starving artist?) i read somewhere on these posts that the MTA will send you to school on there dime..........i would say thats more then fair treatment (more then i can say about my experience on wall st)......... so being a bus operator may be stressful, sure......... but it's up to you, if you wanna drive the bus the rest of your life, or take advantage of the education available and move up the ranks inside the mta.

thats true the top 1% make money hand over fist....(and the rest act like they do...lol.) but if you think every broker on wall st is a millionaire............think again. (look at it like this. there are actors that make millions of dollars per picture, thats the top 1%. the rest are waiting tables for 7 dollars an hour. did you ever hear the term starving artist?) i read somewhere on these posts that the MTA will send you to school on there dime..........i would say thats more then fair treatment (more then i can say about my experience on wall st)......... so being a bus operator may be stressful, sure......... but it's up to you, if you wanna drive the bus the rest of your life, or take advantage of the education available and move up the ranks inside the mta.

Good points wbsguy,the media just publicizes the wall street people who earn the six to seven figure year end bonuses. I don't see this(MTA) as a dead end career,I want to apply myself and advance. Chris is a perfect example as somebody to follow,he is paving the road for us newbies so to speak. Let's also give credit to DOB2RTO as he was the first BO on here,switching over to TO is probably something that we will have to consider in the future. One thing that is certain in life is change.,hopefully for the better.

wbsguy: Wall St produces the highest incomes out of any other industry. Blows away salaries of doctors and lawyers. "the mta will treat you better then wall st. i'm sure of it..............".....I am sure DOB2RTO would beg to differ,lol.[/Quote]

Couldn't tell you that. I nevere worked on Wall. St., just dropped off people there with Campus's only "line run".

I wonder if Mr. Frusci got that joke, yet.

The MTA doesn't do that. TWU Local 100 is who got this for us, with the consent of MTA. This is one of the things the union is good fro. TUF Training & Upgrading Fund. Anyone driving a bus, with a good (hard to keep it excellent) record, can become a dispatcher, then superintendent (Zerega or Road), then AGS of Transportation, then GS of Transportation. To become a depot Manager, you have to be a mechanic, then a Supervisor of Maintenance. You can also become a union rep in the depot.

For me I want to become a T/O, then take union shop classes (I asked about it already, but no class yet), become a union rep, then become a TSS (Train Service Supervisor). I already asked a T/O on here about it, and this can and has been done. Only thing that will suck, is being a TSS you have to "hang people" sometimes, but being a former union rep, you want to not do it. Oh, well that's life though.

Good points wbsguy,the media just publicizes the wall street people who earn the six to seven figure year end bonuses. I don't see this(MTA) as a dead end career,I want to apply myself and advance. Chris is a perfect example as somebody to follow,he is paving the road for us newbies so to speak. Let's also give credit to DOB2RTO as he was the first BO on here,switching over to TO is probably something that we will have to consider in the future. One thing that is certain in life is change.,hopefully for the better.

Chris is a newbie. Seniority rules :(:P:p:p:p:p. Just to let you know, a buddy of mine works out of 100st. He has less time than I do (1.5 years). He is off Sun/Mon with a run. 100st is a low seniority depot. Kingsbridge is one of the highest in OA, if not the highest. Gun Hill was/or still is.

Archived