R44 (C)harlie's

The reason why this happened is because too many R32's have blown out A/C's, this is what happens when you put all 244 R32's at a yard that didn't need all of those R32's, If they would have kept those 10 cars and added 3 more trainsets at CI, this would have been prevented and plus you have R32's at ENY and Work (Garbage) service so they are short on R32's right now.

Fail to see how putting a few sets of R32s at CI is going to prevent the others from getting A/C issues. 62As/62s have had this problem for a while and they're managed pretty well. You can't stop defects from happening no matter how well maintained the equipment is.

Fail to see how putting a few sets of R32s at CI is going to prevent the others from getting A/C issues. 62As/62s have had this problem for a while and they're managed pretty well. You can't stop defects from happening no matter how well maintained the equipment is.

Don't look for a response from that kid who pretends to know all. Anytime I have asked him about his "information", he never replies.

Who would that have prevented A/C problems which always happen during the summer?

It's also been stated that the R32s HVAC don't work so well underground. A T/O from SubChat said it but I don't have the post.

To me I think having all the R32s go to 207th is a good idea. I was iffy about it for a while but if it means that their MDBFs go up since 207th has a better track record than Jamaica then I'm all for it.

Question: How many sets of R44s are there on the C and how long will they stay there?

There are only 32 cars active; it's too early to tell as how long they'll stay since I don't have all the details about this sudden move but I'll try to dig for some info from a T/O friend of mine and see what I can repost.

Lets just hope the R44's would have a longer lifespan on the (C). I don't want to go that quick. If they recieve SMS will they last a bit longer like the 2020's?

Are you forgetting that the R44s are being retired due to structural deficiencies? They can't and won't last another year. Besides the R44s would get more wear and tear on the (C) due to the constant starting and stopping and door opening and closing. A local line has its downsides just like an express.

Nice!!!!The R44s should be put into service on that line for a few years.

Well they're not. Stop foaming. If you follow this board in the slightest you'd know that the R44's are in the process of being retired.

The R44's are on the C due to a shortage of R32's due to faulty air conditioning. Happens every year. The R38's had great a/c and they're long gone.

It's also been stated that the R32s HVAC don't work so well underground. A T/O from SubChat said it but I don't have the post.

To me I think having all the R32s go to 207th is a good idea. I was iffy about it for a while but if it means that their MDBFs go up since 207th has a better track record than Jamaica then I'm all for it.

The operating conditions for the R32's are much "easier" for them on the C then they were on the Queens Blvd. lines.

Thanks Everyone.I guess I'll be seeing a lot of new faces tomorrow b\c I'll be on one of the 44's again.But it'd be messed up if they don't run tomorow but let me not jinx it I'll be out there again myself with friends.Good luck and thanks for the comments again.

FYI: I SAW 4 SETS OF 44'S ON THE (C) today!! 3 NORTH motors are #5426,#5300 and #5316.

Good luck and thanks once again.

Archived